T.O. is an Eagle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O. is an Eagle!

Terrell Owens will be an Eagle after all as a settlement has been reached.

SportsLine.com has learned that the T.O. fiasco has been settled with a deal that is essentially a brand new trade.

In the new deal, Owens will be traded from the 49ers to the Eagles for a Philadelphia defensive starter (who is not yet being mentioned because the player has not yet been informed). The Ravens will get a draft pick from the Eagles, likely a fifth-rounder, for their trouble in the matter.

The two sides were talking Monday about a variety of settlements that included the Niners receiving a third-round pick from any team that signed Owens and the Ravens receiving their No.2 plus another draft choice.

The settlement is contingent upon Owens' approval, but sources close to the player said that he was aware of the deal, had agreed and was going to Eagles' complex in the next 24 to 48 hours to take a physical and sign off on the new deal.

all I can say is that we better get someone worthwhile... or atleast who would be worth a 2nd round pick..... this is unbelieveable.

Comment

defensive player?

I know the Niners wanted Simon or Walker. I hope the Eagles did not part with either. N.D. Kalu would be fine with me.
      It will be interesting....

Comment

I just put down a small wager on the eagles to win the nfc.
        Pays 4.5 to 1. :cool:

Comment

From 1 of my customers in Philly

Brandon Whiting to SF
          5th round draft choice to Balt
          You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

total bullshit!!! owens is such an asshole. how the hell can the league cater to him. he should have been told to report to baltimore or fucking quit football. i hope that asshole breaks his fucking legs. i hate it when idiots like owens get their way because they cry like babies. that is the problem in sports today.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Eagle fans please accept my condolences! The guy is a cancer.

Comment

Owens No Biggie

A non event for Philly unless they have a competent QB who can get the ball to him . Right now they don't .

Comment

Owens would have won

Owens had a separate clause in his contract which superseded the deadline in the collective bargaining agreement. Thus, T.O. and his agent were most likely not late in their informing the Niners of his wishes to become a free agent. This little reported fact which came out in the Arbitration yesterday let the Ravens and Niners know that they had a good chance of not getting any compensation. Owens has the right to ask for this Hearing, and he would have probably won.

Comment

let me guess unchill, yuour an eagles fan!!!! fact is owens is a fucking crybaby and will suck big time in philly as he cannot get along with anyone. damn this is whats wrong with sports today!!!!!

Comment

HAL-LEA-LUUU-YAAA!!!

THANK YOU NFL!!!

PHILLY YOU CAN HAVE HIM AND HIS PROBLEMS!!!
                      HE'S JUST A TROUBLE MAKER LOUDMOUTH CRYBABY!!!

I'M SO GLAD HE'S NOT GOING TO BE WEARING PURPLE!:cool:

GOOD LUCK WITH MR.TROUBLE,PHILLY FANS! :D

RTF:tongue:
                      "Just Living the Dream"Go TERPS

Comment

You are right Fan, I guess having the Lewis twins is alot better.........Go Birds !!!!!!
                        You can't get there from here..........

Comment

are you f' stupid???

TO cannot be dropped or outran by any fucken DB in the league. you all like LEO from the bud commercial, thats TO.. Garcia cant throw a 40 yd pass, if the little kid had a 41 yd range arm, the 49ers would have beaten the packers in the playoffs a couple years back.. with MCNABB these two will be the best combo int he leauge

Comment

I have one question to all Eagle fans?

A few years ago during the Sharpie incident what was your opinion of TO then? Your's was probably the same as most of the fans around the league. You probably thought the guy was a piece of shit. WHICH HE IS!

A great talent doesn't make a superstar. McNabb won't deliver him the ball. McNabb is washed up. Rush Limbaugh was 100% correct with his assessment of McNabb. IMO he's an average NFL quarterback. He's a running back that throws the football.

Comment

My only opinion......... Great move for Philly!

Exactly what they were missing, attitude included.

They need some help in the defensive backfield though.

I hear Ty Law is available! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X