Monday's Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's Hoops

Not a great looking card, but some action non the less!

7:35 Suns at Rockets -10 1/2 ov/under 187 1/2; The Suns have lost 4 in a row SU/ATS allowing over 100pts in 3 of their last 4 games. Phoenix has now dropped 12 of their last 16 games. In their last 4, their getting outscored 89 to 105.5, losing by an average of 16.5 ppg. Phoenix is ranked 25th defensively and Houston is ranked 4th.

Phoenix has traded many of the veterans who would have helped pull the team through their current rough stretch. Stephen Marbury, Penny Hardaway, Tom Gugliotta, and Scott Williams took 43 years of NBA experience with them when they left Phoenix. The Suns are relying on a young-talented combo of
    Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, and Joe Johnson to lead the team. Houston is 5-0 SU/4-1 ATS in its last 5 games and seems to be turning their game up a notch all of a sudden. Houston's talented guards in Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley are finally getting help down inside from Yao. Yao is averaging 21.8 ppg, 9.2 rebounds, 2 blocks per game, and is 31 of 34 from the free throw line over the last 5 games. These stats earned him Player of the week honors.

On the year Houston is ranked 4th in rebounding margin, averaging 42.8 rebounds and their opponents are grabbing 39.6 against them for a +3.2 rebound margin. Phoenix is ranked 26th in rebounding margin averaging 40.4 rebounds and their opponents are grabbing 43.7 against them for a -3.30 rebound margin. Houston also leads the Suns in 3PT shooting %, 36.28 to 33.27 and from the free throw line; Houston 76.4% to Phoenix's 75.1%. With the Suns current defensive struggles, I gotta think that Houston can win this game by double digits! My prediction Houston 94 Suns 80! Playing the Rockets for 2 units

10:05 Spurs -2 1/2 at Golden State; The Spurs have won 5 of their last 6 and covered 4 times including Friday's 99-74 pasting of Golden State at the SBC Center. Seven Spurs scored in double figures and that was without Tim Duncan. Malik Rose and Kevin Willis have played super in Duncan's absence, as the Spurs have actually become more of an offensive machine. With Golden State currently on a nine game losing streak, I'm playing the Spurs -2 1/2 for 3 units! My prediction Spurs 93 Warriors 80!

10:35 Magic at Lakers -14/205; The Lakers couldn't beat the Bulls by nine the other night as they just seemed to play this game without any heart. I know Karl Malone will be returning tonight, but I'm sure he will be seeing limited action! The hype on this game will be about him returning to the lineup, but I still feel the Magic will stay within this number. Playing the Magic for 2 units and the game total under 205 for 3 units. My prediction Lakers 104 Magic 94!

Nit Action
    8:00 Toledo at Marquette -7/152 1/2; Toledo is 7-8 SU on the road this year and 2-1 on neutral courts. In Common opponent games; Toledo lost 56-92 at Louisville and Marquette won 77-70 at Louisville; Toledo won 93-81 at Depaul and Marquette lost 78-84 at Depaul. Statics wise the starters for each team are fairly even. Marquette's starters Travis Diener 18.5 ppg, FG% .411, Dameon Mason 8.6 ppg, .453 FG%, Steve Novak 12.7 ppg, FG% .405, Terry Sanders 6.4 ppg, FG% .561 (he doesn't average many shots a game), and Scott Merritt 11.9 ppg, FG% .457. Marquette has mainly 2 threats from down town in Diener 76 for 171 for a .444% and Novak 78 for 182 for a .429%

Toledo's starters, Keith Triplett 19.1 ppg, FG% .466, Sammy Villegas 13.6 ppg, FG% .443, Justin Ingram 10.0 ppg, FG% .410, Ricardo Thomas 4.9 ppg, FG% .522, and Allen Pinson 5.6 ppg, FG% .470. Toledo has 3 threats from down town in Triplett 56 for 136 for a .412%, Villegas 67 for 165 for a .406%, and Ingram 41 for 106 for a .387%. Both of these teams have some of the best players in the country at their positions. Without a doubt thou, Diener and Triplett are the best 2 players on the court tonight. Toledo is averaging 73.3 ppg on the road this year and their opponents are averaging 75.3 ppg against them. Marquette is averaging 73.8 ppg at home and their opponents are averaging 69.5 ppg against them.

The biggest difference I see in this game is Toledo having better scorers coming off the bench. Marquette had 7 guys come off the bench against TCU playing a total of 71 minutes and scored a meezley 4 pts. Toledo got 19 pts in 55 minutes from their bench against Western Michigan their last game. With Marquette being a final four team last year, coming into this season with high hopes and now having to play in the Nit, I think the wind is gone from their sails. I look for this game to be farely close and at the most I can see Marquette winning by is 4 pts, if they even win the game! My prediction Marquette 74 Toledo 70! Playing Toledo for 3 units and the game total under 152 1/2 for 3 units.

I just about wrote a book now! Good luck to everyone today and may the gambling gods be with you!

Krunch

krunch

I like both your selections in tonight NIT game.

GL

Comment

Lakers-Magic Game off board?

Does anyone know why the Lakers-Magic game tonite has suddenly been taken off the board????

Comment

Good luck tonight!!
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

GL to you guys tonight!

Can't wait till the big dance starts!

Krunch

Comment

Working...
          X