NCAA Travesty list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Travesty list

So what teams got the fist from the selection committee???

My #1 team is

Utah State

Only loses 3 games and doesnt get in.

Horrible showing on national television did them in. Have to prove a point in a lesser conference when all eyes are on you.

Comment

wallstreet

i will say this-->not that i am an 'expert' in college basketball but i think i know as much as anyone, and for about a month now, i have said in my posts that i thought pacific was the best team in that conference.......

i agree that utah state should have been in, and the reason i am upset they are not is because i probably would have used a big play against them...........so i sit here patiently awaiting the lines and if the providence-pacific line is low, i will probably have a 10* (or higher) against pacific.........i was not impressed by this conference this year at all

i think the best team not to get in was FSU, after all, they beat UNC, wake forest, ga. tech and maryland.......but i guess at 6-10 in conference with no road wins, they were not in........UTEP surprised me but i think they are deserving

just my opinion
      b

Comment

utahst and maybe COL were the 2 i thought that shoulda maybe gotten in....UTAHST got what they deserved though...i swear those top teams from the lessor conferences take a dump to get 2 teams in...SO ILL did it (and got lucky to get in)...UTAHST did it...and DIDNT GET IN....team dominated all season and takes a dump in the conf tourney....COL went 10-6 in big12 and didnt get it...tough beat i guess....

overall i think this year wasnt as bad as some previous years where some teams should have been locks to get in and didnt
        the original "HuskerFan"

Comment

Notre Dame!

No allegance whatsoever from me but to go 9-7 in that conf has got to count for something.......so you lose to Pitt twice and Uconn once.......not like Air Force GETTING IN......They should be a road NIT TEAM for crying out loud!
          I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

shorty,

You are right. UtSt would have been an awesome fade in the first game, but they will be in the NIT, fadeable there.

Looking at a few other teams that did get in, I think the Aggies should have beat out teams like BYU who they beat this year. I have a pal who likes them and I said the exact same thing you did. They have to schedule stronger out of conference competition if they ever want in.

Comment

Colorado

I know they didn't win the big games but hey 10-6 in the Big 12 and 18-10 overall.

10-6 in Big 12 action did it for me. I heard they might refuse the NIT bid too.

Florida St is another team i would put in. I make take out Air Force and Utep for either of the above mentioned.

N.D. would be a tournament team i think if Francis didn't get injured and i think they too are better than UTEP and Air Force.

JMO :D

Comment

GoldVike

Totally agree. For a team like ND to play UCONN, PITT and SYR twice and still go 9-7 in the conference is very tough to do!!!..how can the committee put a team like UTEP in the tournament....what a joke!

Comment

agreed

i do not think BYU should be in, but the linesmakers seem to love that team.........i am not impressed with them..........

wallstreet, utah state is likely a good fade in the NIT if they get the right match up..........what can be worse than gumbel saying on cbs "we will find out if utah state gets in next?" , making all of us think it was a lock, or why say it like that, and then not get in........

i agree with the richmond selection and the air force selection solely because they did win their conference........i guess utah state would have been in had they lost to pacific but losing to that disgusting cal-state northridge team is inexcusible.......then they almost beat pacific.........i am just hoping the providence-pacific line comes in at like 7 or 8

b

Comment

Fl St lack of a road win in conference cost them.

Colorado had home losses to Richmond, Utah, and a road loss to Pepperdine, not to mention the end of season 10 point loss to Texas Tech. Not necessarily bad teams to lose to, but combined it probably cost them. After the top teams of Ok St, Texas, and Kansas in their conference, there is a great drop off. There conference record would not carry the same weight because of this. They lost their 3 games to the top teams.

Check out the teams in Utah St's conference. Outside of Pacific, they haven't played anyone all year. All three of their loses were in conference, a weak conference.
                    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

NIT Schedule
                      Monday

Marquette vs toledo

Tuesday
                      Iowa at St. Louis

Missouri at Michigan

Temple at Rutgers

Nebraska vs Creighton

Wednesday
                      Tennessee at George Mason

Belmont at Austin Peay

Troy State at Niagara

Boston U. at Rhode Island

West Virginia at Kent State

UNLV at Boise State

Rice at Wis.-Milwaukee

Drexel at Villanova

George Washingotn at Virginia

Florida State at Wichita State

Georgia at Iowa State

Purdue at Notre Dame

Colorado at Oregon

Hawaii at Utah State

LSU at Oklahoma

Watch Fl St and Colorado lose their 1st game
                      Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Re: agreed

Originally posted by shorty3830
                        i am just hoping the providence-pacific line comes in at like 7 or 8
                        Shorty you got your wish Providence opened at -7.5

What's your opinion on the Richmond/Wisky game? I like Richmond here. They have one of CBB best defenses. They are getting 8.5 point. They are 8-2-1 as a dog.

Comment

Just a word of caution on fading Utah St in the N I T. Last yrs team in the 1st round of NCAA lost to Kansas by 3. KU a much better team last yr. Not sure what Utah St has back. I do like going against Pacific with Providence.

Good Luck everybody

Comment

Working...
                          X