Thank God For Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God For Idaho

This has been a terrible day but would have been much worse if Idaho would have just given up when down by 13. They came all the way back to just down 2, with under a minute to play. Then Utah State scores 4 in a row and I'm thinking bad things. Somehow Idaho scored again to lose by just 4. After what Iona did to us, the other "I" school did the opposite.

Sandman

:cool: Sandman,
    Glad you recouped on the Vandals....
    I cancelled my Utah St. play just before tip-off.
    It was good to see a team not throw in the towel
    after half-time.
    So many teams give up the spread at the end of a game..:confused:
    maybe it's time to play 1st quarters and 1st halves.
    Good Luck This Week-End,
    FB:tongue:
    Last edited by FastBreak; 03-06-2004, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Congrats!!

Sandman,
      When I capped this game.........I thought Idaho had a great chance to win outright!!
      So I played Idaho (+6) for 1.5 times my usual bet amount.

Idaho was looking great in the 1st half; but the 2nd half was brutal........until that late run!!
      You are right though; they could have easily given up but didn't!!
      I'm not sure why they self destructed in the 2nd half; why did they wait so long before getting their act together in that 2nd half??
      I guess that's what losing teams do. :confused:

http://sports.baltimoresun.com/defau...al/P122888.htm

In the end: a win is a win is a win whether it's by 60 points or 2.

Glad you won!!

Bennojd

p.s.>FastBreak, I'm glad you didn't play Utah St.; that would have been a terrible way to lose!!
      Last edited by Bennojd; 03-06-2004, 01:04 AM.
      Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

sandman

Congrats on your win big time!@! I sort of knew this was going to start the March Madness thing in this direction.

I will only say this.......this time of year a "Contrarian player" should and will prosper due to the intensity of the tournaments and play in game(s)...Regular season capping of games HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED and NOW ONE BECOME ADAPTABLE TO THE NEW PARAMETERS given neutral courts and locations along with looking at the long shots regardless of how insane the totals are or are not.......The Plus Point Players will do very well now this time of year and I believe it would behove everyone to pay a little "extra" attention to teams that are obviously outclassed in the "point spread" category and make some Plus Point plays on them! (I give you Brown and Idaho as shining examples in both directions)! As Always......JMHO AND FWIW! HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WINNING NIGHT!! Goldv
        I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

GoldVike

GV. You are so right and I didn't take that into consideration, like I should. To make matters worse, the favorites I liked the most, Bradley, Detroit, Brown and Iona were also the plays from some of the people I follow here. Meaning they were my bigger plays today. My other big plays were Idaho and Golden State for the 1st half. Sure glad I didn't play them for the full game.

I remember about 10 - 15 years ago, that playing every dog in the first round of the tournaments always seemed to make money. I was doing this every year until one year about 70% of the favorites covered and the following year more favorites covered than dogs. That's when I stopped playing the dog automatically; however, today reminds me that I need to look at the dogs more closely. I also recall the dogs from the smaller conferences, like todays, did better than the dogs from the major conferences. One other thing which still holds true is that favorites from 1 to 3 points in the tournaments and NCAA's do not cover very often. Does anyone remember following any of this.

Comment

Working...
          X