Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday's NBA, AFL and NCAA Hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's NBA, AFL and NCAA Hoops........

A small profit day yesterday going 3-3 (+.6 of a unit). These are my plays for Friday....

NCAA BASKETBALL

2 STAR: INDIANA STATE (-1.5) OVER Evansville

Both of these teams are horrible, but Indiana State has played pretty well in their last three games even though their only win in those three games was against Evansville on Monday. In the Sycamores previous two games, they had tough one point losses against two very good teams in Bradley and Northern Iowa. Indiana State has also owned this series with Evansville. On Monday they beat the Purple Aces by 15 points on the road and they also beat them by twenty points at home in December. Overall in the last ten meetings, Indiana State is 9-1 straight up and against the spread versus Evansville. As bad as Indiana State has been this year, they are actually a respectable 3-2 against the number as a favorite and Evansville is only 2-9 against the spread as an underdog of less than ten points. Look for David Moss to lead the charge against the Purple Aces, who have just two wins in 10 MVC tournament appearances. Lay the small number here!

3 STAR: BRADLEY (-4) OVER Illinois State

Bradley finished the season strong winning seven out of their last ten games. The Braves have been a different team since Phillip Gilbert returned from a foot injury that cost him 10 games, and the Braves' near-miss 72-71 loss to Southern Illinois February 28th gave the team a lot of confidence that it can play with anyone in the league. Illinois State did not do well down the stretch, losing seven out of their last ten games. Bradley has also had the better of this match up recently going 3-0 straight up and against the spread in the last three meetings. Bradley has also been a money maker as a favorite this season as the Braves are 10-2 against the spread when laying points this season. Illinois State has not done very well as a dog this season, and they are only 2-6 against the spread as an underdog of less than ten points. Bradley is the much better team here, lay the points!

3 STAR: IONA (-2) OVER Canisius

Both of these teams have had a pretty bad seasons as Canisius is 10-19 on the season and Iona is only 10-17, but Iona is the better team here. The Golden Griffens of Canisius finished their season losing four of their last five games, with the only win coming against lowly Loyola-Maryland. Iona on the other hand finished their season strong by winning their last three games which is their longest winning streak of the season. I look for the Gaels to carry that momentum over into this game. Iona could not ask for a better match up in the first round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tourney because they have had their way with Canisius in the past. Iona has won 12 out of the 15 past match ups with Canisius and they are 7-1 against the spread in those games. Canisius is 0-5 against the spread this season in games where the line is +2.5 to -2.5 and I look for them to go down again here. Lay the points!

2003-2004 NCAA BASKETBALL RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 23-18-1 (+16.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 49-37-2 (+20.5 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 91-66-9 (+30.7 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 90-82-3 (+3.0 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 253-203-15 (+70.2 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $7020.00

NBA SYSTEM PLAY

2 STAR: UTAH (+2.5) OVER Indiana

The Jazz are playing some very good ball right now and they are on a four game straight up and against the spread winning streak. This is the Pacers third road game in four nights and they are coming off of an overtime win against the Clippers on Wednesday night, so the Pacers legs might be a little tired for this one. The Jazz have also been great at home against the Eastern Conference, posting a 9-3 straight up record including their win over Detroit on Monday night. The Jazz are also 17-4 against the spread this season when the total is between 170 and 179.5 points. I have to take the points with the home dog here!

NBA SYSTEM PLAYS RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 7-6 (+2.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 11-6 (+13.2 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 18-8 (+19.3 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 18-20-1 (-6.2 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 54-40-1 (+18.30 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up 1830.00

I'm also playing this one total tonight...

1 STAR: OVER 204 Seattle vs. LA Lakers

Both of these teams should have some tired legs, as this is Seattle's third road game in four nights and the Lakers are returning home from a four game road trip and are also playing their third game in four nights. That usually equates to very little defense played. This has also been a high scoring series in the past, and eight of the last ten meetings between these two teams have gone over the total. I look for another high scoring game here!

ARENA FOOTBALL

1 STAR: ARIZONA (-10) OVER Columbus

After losing their first two games of the season, the Arizona Rattlers have won two straight and have finally found a rhythm offensively. Six different players scored touchdowns last week lead by veteran WR/LB Hunkie Cooper who had in with three touchdowns. The Arizona defense also played well as the Rattlers’ forced three turnovers. Columbus has struggled this season and has a question mark at quarterback. Rookie Ryan Vena started the Destroyers’ first three games but was benched in favor of quarterback John Rayborn last week. Rayborn completed 20-of-31 passes for 183 yards and three touchdowns with two interceptions in a 51-35 loss against Dallas and has passed for 305 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions in two games this season. With the struggles at the quarterback position by Columbus, I just don't see them being able to match scores with Arizona. The Rattlers are 6-1 against the spread the last three seasons when playing a team with a losing record, and I look for that to continue in this game. Lay the points!

2004 ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 1-0 (+5.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 2-0 (+6.0 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 1-1 (-0.2 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 4-5 (-1.5 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 8-6 (+9.3 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $930.00

Good luck,
    John

Good Luck EZ

Comment

GL John. Love the picks. Any thoughts on Brown?

Comment

Cabomike,

I would have to lay the points with Brown. They should cover that small number!
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

Thanks John. GLTY. Lets bring home some bacon on Bradley.

Comment

Good Luck tonight Bud
            1 of 1 Morons

Comment

EZ good luck tonight!!
              1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

good luck EZ

Comment

Good Luck John..i'm on the Bradely game too
                  let's bring'em on home$$$$$$$$
                  Every time i make ends meet ..someone moves the ends????

Comment

good luck john

Comment

Liking your Utah play in the pros EZ. I'm having a shakey trigger hand. Just played the Under for now. I'll be rooting for you. Gonna look at it some more.

Final Utah 80-60

GL
                      Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

HUNG,

I would take that score!! Can't catch a break today, back to the all of nothing shit!!
                        Good luck,
                        John

Comment

lets not say all or nothing
                          cuz i am all over utah tonite
                          lets get it home
                          gl
                          we can share the women, we can share the wine
                          we can share what we got of yours cause we done shared all of mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X