Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakers Cost People Money Untested Theory Game #2

Note the name change for the UNTESTED theory:

Follow up to previous thread discussion of LA Laker games. Opinions vary as to whether the Lakers fix games. Some say they are far too wealthy to do something so stupid (this assumes an IQ that surpasses other athletes such as Jamal Lewis). Others believe the Lakers may play with the line for homeboys or just "because I can". Regardless, I thought it would be interesting to track the outcomes of Laker games as it relates to public money. The theory being tested is that the outcome is likely to be OPPOSITE of where most of the public money went. This theory previously went by "Fakers Fix Games Untested Theory". I am changing it to "Fakers Cost People Money Untested Theory". This seems less biased against a great group of talented athletes and model citizens. Everyone knows Payton and Kobe and the boys wouldn't do anything to hurt the NBA....

Fakers Cost People Money Untested Theory game #2: Fakers/Hawks under 195

YTD Untested Theory Record: 1-0
    Last edited by JustAGuy; 03-02-2004, 06:09 PM.

I think the better play is on the Hawks. Lakers have covered 2 in a row, once in a game they "should" have won (against the Wizards) and then in a game they weren't supposed to win (against the Nets). Now the public is thinking they'll roll over the woeful Hawks. Line opened at 8 and is up to 8.5 at some places, even with Kobe being doubtful.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." -Joe Theismann

Comment

Lakers

The move is to go against them tomorrow night at Houston . ( 4th road game in 5 days ) - Cuv

Comment

Ahhh, yes--and Yao always beats Shaq. Good call.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." -Joe Theismann

Comment

If money is indeed moving toward the lakers here, the Hawks are the call tonight. However, since the total appears to have moved more, I'm keeping that as the official UNTESTED THEORY play.

Comment

Fakers Cost People Money Untested Theory game #2:

Fakers/Hawks under 195

WINNER

Fakers Cost People Money Untested Theory : 2-0

Comment

Keep them coming. I may just have to start taking the FAKERS games if you keep winning :D :D :D

Nice Job

FYI: I hate them
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Thanks Homer!
                I think this will be a lot of fun to track. Hopefully, there can be some cash made along the way. However, I am really stressing the UNTESTED part of this theory because I don't want to cost anyone any money. It will be fun to see where this journey takes us....

Comment

I'm guessing tonight's play will be ON the Lakers in this system.
                  The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

The line opened at pk and moved to 1 and 1.5 at some places for the lakers, too early to tell who the public is on.

Comment

In Joe Pub's mind, the mighty Lakers bounce back strong from their shocking defeat at Atlanta and avenge their previous losses this season to Yao and the Rockets, right?

I think the play is still Houston!

Comment

Originally posted by bgh2003
                        In Joe Pub's mind, the mighty Lakers bounce back strong from their shocking defeat at Atlanta and avenge their previous losses this season to Yao and the Rockets, right?

I think the play is still Houston!
                        I agree! The public will be all over the Lakers tonight. Thinking bounce back. The Lakers are a .500 ATS team in this spot. There's no trends suggestion they bounce back strongly.

A better place to look might be the 'Over' in this contest. The Rockets have not been playing their same stingy defense.
                        Last edited by frankb03; 03-03-2004, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X