Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a SHOCK!

From today's San Francisco Chronicle:

Barry Bonds received steroids and human growth hormone from a nutritional supplements lab implicated in a steroid-distribution ring, according to information given to federal investigators.

Investigators also were told that New York Yankees (news) stars Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield, plus three other major leaguers and one NFL player, were given steroids.

Does this really surprise anyone? It only confirms what the average person suspected for years. MLB has turned a blind eye for years.
    Last edited by frankb03; 03-02-2004, 02:47 PM.

No, suprise at all

I know when I seen bonds what 2 or 3 years ago I thought to myself shit he got big and its not fat. Something is up here and I was thinking roids. Funny thing is his HR per season has dropped big time since his record breaking year.

Comment

BUT

in 2001 his HR production was up 45% from the previous year at the tender age of 37

Comment

Sosa

is the next one I'd like to be fingerpointed!!
        Does anyone remember what he looked like in the early 90's??
        What a drastic difference!!

Bennojd
        Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Sosa takes the easy way by corking his bat. Why bother why steroids?

Comment

1998 37
            1999 34
            2000 49
            2001 was the year he looked huge and smacked 73 hr's
            2002 he only hit 46 (only like its nothing..lol)
            2003 he hit 45

Sosa

1998 66
            1999 63
            2000 50
            2001 64
            2002 49
            2003 40

Both of them used Roids IMO along with McGwire

How do you go from 37 hrs, 34, hrs too 73
            Same thing with sammy prior to 1998 the most hr's he hit was 40

Comment

Assuming they both use(d) roids what's interesting is long-term they go on a decline. BTW I agree all the above mentioned use roids.

Comment

I hope BONDS get screwed or pulls some kind of muscle or his retarted looking forehead explods from steroids before he breaks Hank Aaron's HR recored. I cant stand that piece of shit Bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaping Larry
                  I hope BONDS get screwed or pulls some kind of muscle or his retarted looking forehead explods from steroids before he breaks Hank Aaron's HR recored. I cant stand that piece of shit Bonds.
                  LMAO

Comment

All the muscle in the world won't generate hand-eye coordination, hand quickness and bat speed, all of which are critical elements of a power hitter's swing.

There is no way Bonds isn't on 'roids--that disgusting, swollen head is proof enough to me. And I have my doubts about Sosa as well, though his HR production has declined in recent years. But why are these guys doing it in the first place?

I have never liked Bonds (outside of the SF area, who does?). How hilarious would it be if it were revealed that he was using right as he was 1 or 2 years away from breaking Aaron's record? It would be poetic justice.
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." -Joe Theismann

Comment

The only sure thing is taking that shit WON'T increase your life expectancy and might even shorten it by 10 years if taken enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X