Fakers Fix Games Untested Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakers Fix Games Untested Theory

It sure seems like the results of the Faker games seem to go against most of the money. I may well be totally off base here, but I'm going to track the theory and see what happens.

Fakers Fix Games Untested Theory Game #1:

Fakers/Nets Under 192

Good luck to all!

Fakers Fix Games Untested Theory: 1-0

Comment

Unless I'm missing something this thread makes no sense. You claim the Lakers fix the games. You claim the fix was the 'Under' in yesterdays game.

The Nets were 2 point favorites. The total was 192 which means the projected score:

Nets 97 Lakers 95

If the Lakers were fixing the game for the Under then why did they score 100 points? 5 points more than their projected total. If they were fixing the score I think they'd score in the 80s.

The result of the Laker game went against public money? The game opened at 189.5. It moved to 192. Meaning the public money was on the Over.

Fakers Fix Games Untested Theory: 0-1

Comment

I had the under. Why was it fixed? I just thought the line was a little high. You guys are really starting to over think this Laker thing.........Man they the Lakers would probably come to this site and laugh their ass off. Guys they show up when THEY want to. It's that simple!

Comment

FrankB and Wayne

FrankB
          I think you ARE missing something buddy. The fact that I included the disclaimer "I may be totally off base" and the fact that I even labeled this an Untested Theory should clue you in that I am not making wildly ridiculous claims about fixes here. However, the fact is that many people (myself included) are a bit suspicious of the current group we affectionately call the Fakers.

The reality is that there is a perception by some people that the Lakers fix games. I am simply going to put this theory to the test by tracking the results.

The game played February 29th had a total that opened at 189.5. The total moved to 192 by tipoff. Clearly, the public money was on the over. Therefore:

The Fakers Fix games UNTESTED theory is 1-0.

I'm not sure how you can put it at 0-1 based on some rationale that the Lakers scored 100 points. I'm pretty sure all the folks who took the under (which was the theory's play) collected. I'm also pretty sure those who took the over (most of the public) weren't able to avoid paying by pointing out the Lakers scored 100 points!

Wayne
          I agree. I'm not trying to over analyze as much as I'm trying to track and see if people's perceptions (including my own) match reality.

Comment

JAG...agree 100%...perhaps a better way to phrase it is not the Fakers are fixing games, but games the Fakers play are fixed :-)

Comment

JustaGuy-as you can see by posts in Goldvikes thread that I agree with you 100%.
              Public was for most part on Nets and Over yesterday.
              Lakers jumped out to big lead, held it and game stayed under.
              Obviously Nets had something to say about outcome(well really they were never in the game), but as stated I have seen this scenario too many times over the past few years to think that at least sometimes shenanigans don't go on.
              Here is my system to make money(and yours as implied in your first post):
              When systems say Lakers will do one thing and same for total, and most of the money is bet accordingly, go the other way and you will win more often than you lose.
              If the betting systems worked with this team, you sure as hell wouldn't have tons of folks bitching all the time on this forum because the Laker/Fakers didn't do what was expected of them that day.
              Last edited by savage1; 03-01-2004, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I'm not singling you out. If you took it as such I apologize.

I stand by the record. IMO It's 0-1. Here's why! Public was on the 'Over'. Although, the game went 'Under' the Lakers point total was 'Over'. There projected total was 95. They scored 100.

Comment

Let's do this. We all want to make money. Let's start a Faker System thread. When the public is big on a side or total we'll go against it. I'm always game for any system that makes us money.

Comment

Frank-good idea.
                    I wouldadd that if Loser Lawrence uses the system and bets on or against the lakers, going against it becomes a double play.

Comment

Frank,
                      No offense taken buddy. I like good interactive conversation. Your idea is exactly what I was trying to start. A thread that monitors outcomes of Laker games when public money appears to favor a side, total, or both.

Savage1,
                      I think we are on the same page on this. I always have this feeling it is a complete waste of time to cap Laker games. I want to monitor this just so I can affirm my suspicions or let them go.

Let's keep an eye on the Laker line movements and try to keep track of the outcomes!

Comment

JustAGuy

I didn't think you took offense to my first post in this thread. I just wanted to make sure. Sometime we can read the same post twice and each time interpret it diffently. I agree! Nothing better than interactive conversation. That's what make this site so great. The trading of ideas, theories etc...

Comment

Working...
                        X