Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily predictions of the nation's Division I college basketball action. This feature has accurately predicted the winner of over 70 percent of games in each of the last two seasons. Last night: 94-36 | Week to date: 219-75 | Season to date: 3,202-1,134 (73.8 %)
    2003 NCAA Tournament: 52-12 (81.3%) | 2003 Season record: 3,294-1,246 (72.6%)
    Sunday, February 29, 2004
    NCAA Regular Season
    Kent State 68 Akron 64
    Boston University 76 Binghamton 68
    Michigan 75 Ohio State 66
    Providence 81 St. John's 57
    New Hampshire 66 Stony Brook 63
    Northeastern 83 Albany NY 67
    Troy State 92 Stetson 76
    Vermont 71 Maine 64
    Hartford 68 Maryland-Baltimore County 66
    Manhattan 84 Marist 58
    Ohio 75 Marshall 73
    Kansas 67 Oklahoma 57
    Wisconsin 73 Purdue 59
    Temple 76 Fordham 61
    St. Peter's 79 Rider 70
    Tulsa 69 San Jose State 64
    Colgate 69 Bucknell 57
    Lehigh 66 Holy Cross 64
    Iona 71 Loyola-Maryland 64
    Pittsburgh 70 Syracuse 63
    Kentucky 68 LSU 62
    Montana State 68 Sacramento State 57
    North Carolina 72 North Carolina State 70
    Niagara 76 Canisius 64
    Duke 83 Florida State 75
    South Alabama 73 North Texas 69
    Hawaii 77 Rice 70
    St. Mary's California 84 Pepperdine 81

Comment

Thanks Painter

Comment

Originally posted by KCStar
        Thanks Painter

Comment

Sports Unlimited

4* Pistons 3* S Alab LM Duke

Comment

Looking for OCD---Spider

Does anybody have O C Dooley "The Spiders" plays...He sometimes picks some off the wall plays, and is pretty accurate.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

trends so far...

Providence 5
              St. John's 0

NC St. 15
              UNC 1

Fla. St. 8 (GOY, Burns)
              Duke 2

Ohio 7
              Marshall 1

Hawaii 4 (GOY Alatex, 5* Animal)
              Rice 1

NJ Nets 4 (MTi 5*)
              LA L 1
              Last edited by sharethewealth; 02-29-2004, 01:36 PM.

Comment

ANIMALS FINAL PLAYS AND OTHER CAPPERS

HERE IS THE FINAL PREMIER PLAYS GUYS GOOD
                Animals Sports Picks Premium Picks for February 29, 2004

Modified Consensus for Sunday, February 29th Premium Plays in the NBA and college to follow. Returning again on Monday by 4PM ET. Thanks for your patience with the site guys. Best of luck today....Mark

Nitro Plays: Rice 30-18-1

JB Sports: Toronto (opinion only)

Puck Profits: Top on Phoenix and Philadelphia (NHL)

Private Players of Pitt: 4* Wisconsin (no 5*'s)

Preferred Picks: 3* Florida State

California Sports: 4*'s on Pepperdine and Kentucky (no 5*'s)

Iceman: pass

Mike Lee: 8* NC State

Alatex: 20* Hawaii

Grapevine Gold: Ohio U (top)

Full Court Press: NC State (TOP)

Underdog: Florida State (lock)

ASA: 4* Hawaii, 3*'s on Ohio U and NC State

NBA Basketball
                4 Units on Miami Heat O 193 -110
                With Dwyane Wade and Caron Butler in the lineup together, Miami has changed their style in recent weeks and are more of an up-tempo team. Needless to say, that suits me just fine in regard to yet another Milwaukee total at home. The Bucks, in case you weren't aware, have shattered the total in 11 consecutive home games (16-3 OVER anywhere in last 19). The last meeting produced 197 points on this floor back in January when Wade was out of the lineup with an injury. I just pulled the box score from that game. Miami was 35-of-93 while Milwaukee was 38-of-77 and the game still went 'OVER' the total. The Heat had a 15-point 2nd quarter. That total was 183. Obviously Vegas has made some adjustments today but it's not enough. Remember when the Heat consistently played games in the 160's or below. Not anymore. Miami is 11-4 'OVER' in their last 15.

3 Units on New York Knicks O 197½ -110
                How do you give up 117 points to San Antonio without Tim Duncan in the lineup? That is the riddle Denver has to answer about themselves after last night's "mail it in" effort in Texas. The Nuggets haven't exactly been a fortress of defense recently as they've lost five straight and have yielded 117, 112, and 109 points in their last three games. Allan Houston returns to the New York lineup today which is great news for the offense and especially Stephon Marbury, who has had to shoulder much of the scoring load. Don't be misled by Friday night's 96-94 final against the Clippers in LA. Those two teams played a 30-point 4th quarter (17-13). That game was on pace to soar 'OVER' the total at the end of three quarters. Tonight marks the 4th consecutive road game for New York and fatigue generally leads to lackluster defense. The Knicks went 'OVER' in their first two stops on this trip and as mentioned, should be 'OVER' in three straight. The Knicks are 42-23 'OVER' the last three years when the total is in the 190's. They are 34-16 'OVER' as well the past three seasons following a defeat by six points or less. I'm not too thrilled with today's 'SIDE' selections in the NBA, but I do like a couple of totals.

NCAA Basketball
                3 Units on San Jose State +2 -110
                I don't care how bad San Jose State is. Tulsa has no business being a road favorite in 2004. Two nights ago the Golden Hurricane lost by 30 to a very erratic Hawaii squad on the island. The Canes are 0-8 SU since January 31st going 1-7 ATS. San Jose State is 3-1 ATS in their last four and actually registered a straight-up win over another doormat in Louisiana Tech in a recent home game. Tulsa has allowed 203 points in their last two road games and are now a highway chalk? I don't think so.

4 Units on LSU +5 -110
                17-7 and playing in the tough SEC should be enough but if I'm LSU I'm not taking any chances. Beating Kentucky would be the ultimate feather in the cap to the committee and I expect a great effort out of the Tigers today. Remember this team recently reeled off five consecutive SEC wins so they are certainly capable. I don't think losses on the road at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State are embarrassing (tough environments for any visitor). Kentucky certainly looked rock-solid in Lexington against Tennessee. But the Cats haven't reached the 70-point plateau in six consecutive SEC road games. I think five is a little steep for Kentucky, who has been somewhat erratic on the SEC highway (tough to win in this league on the road). Kentucky 1-5 ATS on the road this year after a home game. My gut is telling me LSU will play this one close to the vest and I wouldn't rule out a possible upset. My gut has been very good to me of late (despite personal weight and eating habits of course)

3 Units on NC State -4 -110
                If North Carolina can't win at Virginia I can't see them staying with NC State in Raleigh. Payback for the Wolfpack after losing in Chapel Hill 68-66 on January 28th. NC State is 7-1 SU in their last eight and recently had a 7-0 ATS run in the ACC which is just flat out amazing given how competitive this league traditionally is. North Carolina is allowing 83 points per game in conference play and is 4-6 SU on the highway overall. I watched the Wolfpack here in Atlanta against Georgia Tech earlier this week and they looked dynamite. They should certainly be accustomed to playing on Sundays (3rd straight) week and beat Duke on this floor two weeks ago today. Shooting woes for the Tar Heels hitting 46 percent or fewer from the field in 6/8 games. With their lackluster defense, they can't afford not to be accurate. This is a home-oriented series with NC State 2-0 SU and ATS in Raleigh the last three years against their inner-state rival. NC State is 9-1 ATS at home in February the last three years. They are 11-2 ATS in all ACC games this season. The Tar Heels are 7-17 ATS as a road puppy the last three seasons. I hate to give Coach Williams four points, but NC State is the superior team at home.

5 Units on Hawaii -4 -110
                Rice had has some real shabby efforts on the road including a 105-62 loss at UTEP; 80-69 defeat at Boise State; and a 101-76 blowout at Nevada. Playing in San Jose on Friday and then Hawaii on Sunday is a tough travel spot for the Owls. I know Rice has won five straight (2-3 ATS) but four of those games were at home. Hawaii absolutely murdered Tulsa here by 30 on Friday night. Rice avenged a loss to Hawaii in the conference tournament last March by beating the Warriors 76-73 at home on January 28th. The last time they met on this floor Hawaii prevailed by 15 points. That was last season. Two years ago Hawaii won by 29 points over Rice at home. I vividly recall Rice losing at Tulsa this year. The same Tulsa squad that lost by 30 just 48 hours ago on this floor. Rice is now 7-18 ATS on the road as an underdog the last three years. The Owls are 2-8 ATS after two or more consecutive wins. Hawaii is 5-1 ATS the last three years at home if they scored 85 points or more in their previous game at home. Rice is just 3-14 ATS against quality teams the last three years or those that outscore their opponent by four points or more per game on average. They are 0-7 ATS against good-shooting teams on the road (45 percent or better from the floor) after the 15th game of the season the last three years. In those games alone they have been outscored 80-59. Hawaii is 5-0 here since 1997 against Rice going 4-1 ATS. Great spot for Hawaii and a bad travel scenario for the visitor makes a 5* BEST BET on the Rainbow Warriors! Good luck men..Mark

Comment

LEXUS 5*

Syracuse

Comment

ANIMAL PLAYS FOR HIS SERVICE

3 X KNICKS OVER 197 1/2
                    3 X SAN JOSE ST +2
                    3 X NC ST -4
                    4 X LSU +5
                    4 X MIAMI HEAT OVER 193
                    5 X HAWAII -4

Comment

• animal needs to do a little homework

just read his analysis on kent/LSU. not one mention of jaime lloreda, one of LSU's few seniors, and given double/double OUT for this game. this team's success revolves around the inside game of lloreda. when he's not in, the tiger's poor outside shooting is exposed. I'd lay off that play if that's his shitty rationale (gut feeling!)

Comment

• Alatex - GOY Hawaii...I hope
                        ASA - 4* Hawaii
                        Blazer 4* NCState
                        Cal Sports - 4* Pepperdine, Kentucky
                        Champion - Celtics, Sixers, NC State
                        Dr Bob - 3* Wisconsin
                        NSA - 20* NC State
                        JB Sports - Raptors

Comment

• Friday

I thought the same thing.I'm an LSU grad as well and was liking e Kentucky until I started seeing the LSU picks.Think I'll go with my initial instincts.Hate to bet against my alma mater but my interests are more economic than emotional.

Comment

• Originally posted by TONEY
                            anyone with tony george?
                            thanks
                            HIS FREE PLAY IF IT MEANS ANYTHING IS NJ NETS -2 MATTER OF FACT HE;S 9-0 IN HIS LAST 9 FREE PLAYS

Comment

• smart man Goose

this team is fading fast and I would't be surprised if they got shout of the ncaa's. oh well, there's always LSU baseball and spring football!

Comment

• Goose / Friday

Seems an important thing to not mention doesn't it. When it was announced that llorda was out I think the line went from LSU -1 to Kentucky -5/-6. That may be enough of an adjustment, but I just don't like betting into the unknown. Sports handicapping is about looking for consistency in play. How the hell can you know what the total effect of lloreda missing will be. Wouldn't play either side of this thing with any confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X