Mon Picks Cbb/nba Hoops===>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mon Picks Cbb/nba Hoops===>

A rather small card to choose from which at times can be a very good thing! Wish I could have got my 2nd half GT pick posted in time yesterday as that made it a 3-1 in CBB and a late half over (thanks Wiz) in SEA/BOS saved me an early 0-2 NBA start. FOR TONIGHT:

TEX -7
    Here's a team that is unbelievably tough at home....plus just nailed Oklahoma in a very tough place to win there AND Kansas comes off yet another embarrassment in a 1 meager point home win to a soso ISU team. Added that Kansas can barely beat an average road team and gets shelled by Neb. Well...it gets bad again for them.

NOVA +7
    I am a little leary of this game as this is too many points to give Syracuse anywhere right now without Edelin in the line up. Nova has had a tendency to not show up at the start of games and then have to play their collective asses off to get back in them. That start could be trouble but I look for a more cohesive effort simply because they have stellar guard play and Cuse does not.

RICE -8
    One of the higher scoring teams around should have their run and gun shoes on tonight. That bodes very very bad for a Fresno team that not only just got down playing a game a couple days ago but has been shorthanded with suspensions and injuries to boot. Rice to cover this one by dds.

FLOR INTNL +4
    Another case where I think a dog at home has a chance of winning outright. They were really beat up early but totally healthy now and thier play is starting to show it.

Smaller Play:
    HAW +8.5
    Shimmononovichitchonoittchhs.....Hawaii to get their big guy back tonight. Although UTEP got crushed by these guys by 20+ points and look for big time revenge....I think Hawaii showed how dangerous they can be on the road vs SIU on Sat.

NBA:

PISTONS -3
    They just got through shelling out 200K in fines for playing "Hash Head Wallet" and his buddy the other night in a loss and they want their moneys worth out of them tonight! Iverson injured but may play (what's new).....should be outgunned by Det in this one.

MIAMI -3
    These guys are hotter than anyone right now at home and bring in the Abur Raheem new Port boys is not the time to really get comfy with each other although they had a couple games at home to do that. At only 3 points I'll try these guys again until they fail.

THAT'S IT AND BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! Goldv
    Last edited by GoldVike; 02-23-2004, 06:54 PM.
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

vike

keep up the strong work

Comment

G.V

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT BRO.
      GOTTA LOVE BASKETBALL!!!
      STILL FOLLOW AT OWN RISK

Comment

THANKS GUYS

And best of luck to you too!

I did miss one play at the bottom of my list. I will edit add it on for anyone interested....It was Florida Intern +4.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL TONIGHT!! Gv
        I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Got the dreaded Hawaii hook again!

:angryfire Damn those hooks!

Got a 2nd half play on BYU/AF: Line was BYU -6....They are down 3 at the half and the 2nd H is -5.5 for BYU.....I think BYU can get a small lead down the stretch and cover a 3 point win with a free throw or two! Reasoning is score at the half is only 26 - 23 AF LEADING BUTTTTTT--------BYU has shot ZERO for 5 from 3 point land while AIR FORCE has shot close to 60% from 3's at 6 FOR 11 (not counting an over half court heave to end the half) and that is 18 points or all but EIGHT of their total. They can do nothing inside.....when they cool off in the 2nd I will try a play on:

BYU -5.5 2ND HALF

Best of luck to anyone who wishes to try it! Goldv (My Flor Intl pick had to be the BONEHEAD pick of the night!) Sorry for that one!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL! Gv

Comment

Re: Got the dreaded Hawaii hook again!

Originally posted by GoldVike
            [B
            Best of luck to anyone who wishes to try it! Goldv (My Flor Intl pick had to be the BONEHEAD pick of the night!) Sorry for that one!
            [/B]
            The kiss of death! Big Al was on FL Int.

Comment

Adding one last play===>

UNLV -6

Looking at the ATS it leaps out that Wyoming is 0-8 ATS on the road and even a more humiliating 5-15 ATS Overall. Sure they have to cover one sometime or the books would go belly up.....but this is a UNLV team that crushed the Cowboys in their house by 14 points and they were favored by -4. Now they come in favored AT HOME by only -6 to -7.....OK....I'll bite on this one. Since getting that spanking on the road at MIZZ they have come back to win 2 nice home games in a row!

THAT's all for tonight! (Did I mention I hate hooks)!! BEST OF LUCK TO ALL! Goldv

Comment

for GoldVike

Gold Vike ... late in any season the lines get sharper and sharper. Consider buying 1/2 points or better still make an arrangement with your man ( or men ) regarding half points. In the last 5 years or so I've never laid 6 1/2 .. always -6 or +7 , etc etc etc. Imagine how much that has saved me !

So many of us lose lots of games we should be pushing by not offering up an arrangement with our guys.

Mention it ... dont insist ! Everything's negotiable.

You'd be surprised how flexible these people can be with good customers.

They probably won't give 1/2 point perks to and from the 3 in the NFL ... that's understandable . But any other # is fine.

In the NBA the most important # is 2 . Never lay 2 1/2 or take 1 1/2

Try it out . Let me know if you're successful. I'll be happy if you are

CoverBoy

Comment

Good Reminder

Posted the same thing twice about six months ago. Those 1/2 points can really save you and make you a lot of money. Good job Cover Boy.

Comment

Working...
                  X