Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday NCAA Basketball, NBA System Play and Arena Football........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday NCAA Basketball, NBA System Play and Arena Football........

Made a profit yesterday going 3-2 (+3.6 units) on the day. These are my plays for Monday....

NCAA Basketball

5 STAR: Villanova (+6.5) OVER SYRACUSE

The Orangemen have really struggled without point guard Billy Edelin in their lineup. Their offense struggles, as McNamara is now forced to bring the ball up the court and run the offense. The Syracuse offense has averaged eight points less per game with Edelin out, and they are only 2-4 against the spread in the games that he has missed due to personal problems. Villanova should be able to keep this one close, they have had recent success against the Orangemen, winning straight up in the last two meetings. The Wildcats are also 4-1 against the spread in their last five Big East road games and they almost knocked off Seton Hall on the road on Sunday, losing by two points. The Orangemen escaped Georgetown with a three point win thanks to a buzzer beating three pointer, but they trailed the whole game against the Hoyas, and Georgetown is a very bad team, Villanova beat them by 15 at the MCI center a couple of weeks ago. Both of these teams are near the bottom of the conference in defense, but the Wildcats do have a big advantage at the free throw line. Syracuse is not very good from the line and rank near the bottom of the conference in free throw percentage, but the Wildcats lead the Big East in free throw percentage at 75%. Villanova is 8-1 against the spread this season as an underdog and 27-13 against the spread the last three seasons as an underdog. Syracuse is only 1-4 against the spread this season as a home favorite of 6.5 to 9 points and 3-6 against the spread in this role the last three seasons. Take the points here, the Wildcats are more than capable of winning here!

2 STAR: TEXAS (-7.5) OVER Kansas

Kansas is very over rated this season and I don't believe they are deserving of a #20 national ranking. The Jayhawks are only 7-13-1 against the spread this season and they have lost their last three road games to Iowa State by 7, Oklahoma State by 20 and Nebraska by 19 points. Overall, the Jayhawks are only 5-13 against the spread against teams with a winning record this season and the Longhorns are 9-4 against the spread in their last 11 games as a home favorite of 6.5 to 9 points. Both of these teams played on Saturday; Kansas is 0-2 against the spread this season when playing with only 1 days rest, while the Longhorns are 2-0 in that same role. Texas has also been great in night games this season posting a 10-3-1 record against the spread and I think they are poised to to blowout Kansas here. Lay the points!

2003-2004 NCAA BASKETBALL RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 22-16 (+22.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 35-26-1 (+16.8 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 79-59-8 (+22.4 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 79-73-2 (+1.6 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 215-174-11 (+62.8 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $6280.00

NBA SYSTEM PLAY

2 STAR: MEMPHIS (-5.5) OVER Denver

The Grizzlies have been playing great ball winning eight out of their last nine games, with that one loss being at Denver. I look for Memphis to get revenge for that loss in this game in what has been a home dominated series. The home team in this series has won nine straight games and the home team is 7-2 against the spread in those games. The Nuggets might have some tired legs for this game. They are playing their third road game in four nights for only the second time this season. The last time they played a third road game in four night they were blow out by 26 points at Los Angeles and only scored 71 points. I'll lay the points here!

NBA SYSTEM PLAYS RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 7-6 (+2.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 11-6 (+13.2 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 17-7 (+19.5 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 15-16 (-4.8 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 50-35 (+29.90 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up 2990.00

ARENA FOOTBALL

1 STAR: Indiana (+7) OVER DETROIT

The Indiana Firebirds come in at 0-2 on the season against the Detroit Fury who are 1-1 and are coming off of a road win at Arizona last week, but I have to take the points here. The Firebirds are 2-1 all-time in Detroit, having won in their last two trips to the Palace by an average of 15 points and Indiana is 4-1 against the spread overall in the last five meetings with Detroit. Indiana has also been very good against division opponents; the Firebirds are 10-2 against the spread the last two seasons when playing against division opponents. Detroit has not had much of a home field advantage recently, only posting a 5-11 record against the spread at home over the last three seasons and they are just 9-12 against the spread as a favorite over that same time span. Take the points here!

2004 ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 1-0 (+5.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 2-0 (+6.0 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 1-1 (-0.2 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 2-3 (-1.3 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 6-4 (+9.5 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $950.00

Good luck,
    John

Love your Nova play the best!

I didn't cap the Kansas-Texas game yet, but off the top, the way Kansas is playing this year I would have to agree with you by taking Texas and laying the wood! Great analysis on the Memphis game, may make a wager on that one too! Don't touch Arena Football, haven't got that disease yet! Keep up the great capping, as I look forward to reading your threads everyday!

:D Krunch

Comment

Thanks Krunch good luck tonight!!!
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

I like the Griz tonight. This has been a home dominated series. The last 9 games have been won by the home team. Memphis is one of the hottest teams in the NBA.

Griz 17-11 home ATS, 10-5 vs divisional, 12-6 at home vs. +500 opponents.

Nuggets 12-16 road ATS, 6-9 vs. division.

GL

Comment

Thats my thinking as well Frank, good luck tonight!!
          Good luck,
          John

Comment

Good Luck tonight John
            1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Good Luck John!!!

Let's make some $$$$ this week!
              Every time i make ends meet ..someone moves the ends????

Comment

GL !!!
                BEHIND EVERY GAMBLING MAN'S FAILURE STANDS A WOMAN

Comment

Best of Luck EZ going with Ya.

Comment

EZ

BEST OF LUCK WITH ANOTHER SHARP LOOKING CARD

Comment

Thanks guys,

It was not pretty, but we got Nova home!!
                      Good luck,
                      John

Comment

2-2 on the night, +3.7 units.
                        Good luck,
                        John

Comment

Congrats..........

John (EZ) on another winning night!!
                          You should be called "Mr. Consistent."

Take care,
                          Bennojd
                          Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Congrats

Great night in college hoops.

Comment

congrads on a good nite in hoops. close call in the nba. thanks for the plays!!! regards , the mudman!!

Comment

Working...
                              X