Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball Futures , if anyone is interested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Futures , if anyone is interested!

5 possible futures i am considering, please weigh in::
    In order of how much i like them::

Best bet by far-->San fran over 83
    2nd best-->Yankees over 99.5

Next 3--->marlins over 80.5
    devil rays under 69.5
    royals under 80

I cannot see any way a team managed by Alou with bonds on it can go under .500. How many years in Bonds's career has he been on an under .500 team??

I also think Tampa bay is the worst team in their division by far

I think there is value on the marlins

Yankees should win 105 even if starters are not great; nobody talks about the additions of middle relief

I think KC is too high, based on last years start, their pitching is atrocious

b

shorty cris came out today yanks were 102 1/2 boston 97 1/2

cubs 94 phils 93 astros 91 if interested in anymore let me know

Comment

shorty

yanks 101 1/2 sorry i made an earlier mistake
      bost 97 1/2
      as88
      braves 85 1/2
      giants 85
      cubs 94
      seat88
      ariz81

cards84
      astros91
      la82
      angels91
      MINN85
      WSOX83
      PHILS 93
      FLORIDA80
      METS80
      TORONTO83
      KC79
      TEXAS70
      EXPOS71 1/2 CLEV73
      BALT81 1/2 SD 82 COL73 TB68
      CIN 71 1/2 PITT68
      MIL65
      DET65

SOMETHINGELSE TO LOOK AT

Comment

thanks poboy

i am going to jump on the giants at 83.5 and yankees at 99.5!!!!!!

i will probably wait on my other 3 for now.......lou pineilla has guaranteed that the devil rays will not finish in last so if he keeps talking maybe they will go up to 70 or higher..........how does that moron think they are not finishing in last??

b

Comment

<<< Padres >>>

Are my first selection and will add more

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
          " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

shorty

How many units do you invest in baseball futures?

Comment

I'm with MMM on this one - Love the Padres! With all the quality additions this squad made in the offseason, all you need to win the wager is for the team to finish above .500. Money!!

Comment

frank

if i were doing it on units, san fran over would be about 22 units.........yankees about 12................florida , tampa bay, and kansas city close to 10.

i usually bet a lot on futures, way more than nornal games b/c i love the return..........especially baseball futures b/c the return is right in the middle of football season

i am primarily a futures player...........i even bet an the academy awards and have gone 25-7 the last 4 years...........i will go 1-1 in my hockey futures and 1-1 in my cbb futures but will win about 10 units.............

frank, speaking of futures, give me your opinion on nascar rookie of the year.......i think you would agree with me there is no reason betting a future on the nextel cup b/c of the reshuffling

MMM---> i too like the padres but at 84.5, that is already 10 games more then they won last year and i cannot justify that.....but i agree, the padres could win the division for sure

b

Comment

Shorty

I asked you in units bc I thought it would be tacky for me to ask you $$$ amounts.

NASCAR rookies:

Kasey Kahne impressed the hell out of me yesterday at a track that experience is important. He was driving the same car that Elliot won at the Rock last fall. He's got a great owner Everham and good crew chief Baldwin. For Everham to put this kid in Elliot's car you know he thinks highly of him.

Scott Riggs did well in the truck series. Was ROY in Busch 2002. Finished 6th last year in Busch series. It's early. Hasn't done much this year. I can't see him being a viable ROY candidate.

Johny Sauter racing for Richard Childress. Crew cheif is Kevin Hamlin who was the crew chief for Dale Sr. Childress racing concentrates more on their main car #29 (was #3). Their other cars have never done that well. Skinner was 0 for never.

Brian Vickers, a baby 20 years old. Was the Busch series champ last year. Has a great team with Hendrick Motor sports. Teammates include Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte and Jimmy Johnson.

Scott Wimmer driving Ward Burton's old car, owned by Bill Davis. Good crew chief in Frank Stoddard. Ward didn't have much success with this team. I can't see Wimmer doing any better.

Brendan Gaughan won 6 races last year in the truck series. No chance.

It'll be between Kahne and Vickers. Slight edge to Kahne.
                  Last edited by frankb03; 02-23-2004, 01:27 PM.

Comment

frank

awesome analysis on the nascar ROY,i see it playing out the same way...........

kahne is 3-1 and those odds are OK.........obviously vickers scares me b/c of his cohorts, especially the way jimmie johnson exploded on the scene

b

Comment

shorty

where'd you get the odds on NASCAR ROY? Neither of my books have it.

Comment

Working...
                      X