Weir choking big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weir choking big time

I am rooting for him, but lost a 7 shot lead and now tied with 2 to go.

Maryuama (sp?) playing very well.

I can't say shooting even par in those weather conditions is choking. Maruyama is playing well.

Comment

Frank,

He hasnt hit hardly any greens and he is freezing up, Daly and Maryuama have had good back 9's

Interesting final here, Weir in the fairway and Maryuama in the rough on 18

I expected more from Weir on the back 9. I think he is +2..

Good last round, but to give up a 7 stroke lead (5 starting the day) is a choke..

I am rooting for the guy here, should be a good end!

edit) holy hell did the Jazz fall flat on their face in the 4th quarter..down 1 at the end of 3 and they score 14 in the 4th and get rolled..what a joke!

Comment

I agree! I think it's more Maruyama playing well than Weir choking. Weir might not be playing well. He's one of the coolest customers under pressure.

I don't know if you play golf. I'm assuming you do. Playing in those conditions is extremely difficult. It's impossible to keep you hands dry.

Weir in big trouble on 18. Maybe he is choking with that approach shot.

Comment

That certainly wasn't a 'choke' shot on 18

Comment

Frank,

What a misread on that putt for Maryuama..wasnt even close.

And yeah I golf, like I would even break 100 on a day like today..lol

Hell of a chip by Weir..he deserved it with that chip..

I agree with Strange, Weir doesnt get respect that he deserves after last year and a B2B win on this tourney.

Match play is going to be awesome this week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wallstreet

And yeah I golf, like I would even break 100 on a day like today..lol
              I played in weather conditions similar to todays in a golf tournament a few years ago. It was extremely difficult. It's impossible to keep your hands dry. The club is always slipping. Also, 'carrying' around all that wet weight wears you down.

Maryuama wasn't even close on that putt. He 'choked'!

Comment

Luck

I just got lucky at shit w/ Weir at 20-1. I thought he gave it away!

I will take it!!!

Comment

ShotCallas

Congrats! 20-1 nice winner.

Comment

Frank,

It was a pure misread by his part..but how can you blame him?? He had been on fire until then, and Weir almost handed it to him with that horrible 2nd shot.

About 4 yrs ago I played in conditions like that..it was sleeting and windy..I stopped after 5 holes..lol

Difference is they have umbrellas, lots of golf gloves and a caddy..oh and one other thing..

Talent!!

Comment

I was kidding about Maryuama putt. Weir second shot was a huge mistake. Maryuama already had hit and had a very difficult up and down. Weir should have played his 2nd to the middle of the green.

They have TALENT and lots of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X