Opinions please!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please!!!!!!!!!

As i have stated many times, my primary money maker over the years, and the thing i bet the most on is futures........i believe you get better odds b/c the books are going to make money on your money anyway just for keeping it for so long.......

with that said, what about the yankees to win their division at even odds??? i am an unbiased astro fan who thinks a healthy kevin brown and javier vasquez is actually the equal of schilling and pedro..........

opinions welcome

b

Judging by past results the odds are in your favor. I think Boston has better pitching and N.Y. has the better offense.....WOW, What an offense they have now! It's scary!

GL

Comment

In my opinion

The "Big $$ Boys" are banking on injuries.....Brown is damaged goods from the get go. Plus....Jeter will start out at short by A-Hole is better defensively. the first hiccup that puts Jeter on the Bench moves AH into the starting shortstop position so Derrick can't complain about. Yanks still can lose games on pitching as they have loaded up on hitting. Red Sox may now have the "excuse" they have been looking for to finally just relax and go play as they are "not expected" to win now. Shilling will just eat up innings which is what they need because of a suspect pen...overall..Bodes well for Boston if the injury thing plays out.

MIGUEL CAIRO AND BOONE......THE X FACTOR'S

Bottom line.......I would not lay any wood on the Yanks this early as the books are going to be looking for just that!

Then again....I am a Twins fan and know the A.L. but this is still just MHO and what do I know!! G

FWIW!! Gv
      I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

yanks have won the last 6 AL EAST divsions outright. better manager's and an owner willing to do anything to be first are probably the main reasons for this. This year the yanks on paper seem to AT LEAST be as explosive, and if their BULLPEN can hold up all year, they should easily win a 7th.

GL

JD

:cool:

Comment

Biggest issue with the Yanks will be the health of the pitching staff. Sooner or later, the $ will run dry and if Brown goes down, things will get interesting. If they do not get off to a great start, the clubhouse will be an issue, as will attendence at away games. Remember, it is a split at all baseball games, I think it is 80/20. Yanks sell out every stadium, therefore there cost sharing is highest in the game. Long story short, health of pitching and club house banter will be an issue.......No Zimmer this year, so who becomes Torre's eyes and ears........Just my thoughts!
          Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Sox starters only need to go 6 now . Timlin, Williamson, and Foulke have the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Kevin Brown i just don't know about, Javier should be solid with "Moose"!

Comment

brown is def an worry, but for boston, schilling was hurt last year ( no spring chicken) amd pedro wears out every september. they're bullpen should be a little stronger this year, but i feel they're clubhouse could be just as disturbed with all the attempts to move manny and nomar. nomar wil be a free agent next year which =$$$$ for boston. both teams lack a legit 5th starter, as well as a solid lefty strater.

sholud be a great year and race for first!!!!

GL

JD

Comment

good work

JD, i am asking for UNBIASED opinions but i do appreciate it.........for me, as an NL guy, i think vasquez is unbelieveable, maybe a top 5 pitcher, and historically the guys who have left montreal turn out to be great (pedro, big unit, etc.etc.).........

however, like JD said, history is history and there is no sport like baseball to be looked at in that perspective............you all talk about chemisty and boston's was unreal last year, but will david ortiz, todd walker, etc do that again??? foulke is good but this is a different role..........

i think the yanks take it, but i like the opinions........like i said, i am an NL guy, and as an astro fan, sick of all this hype for the cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b

Comment

I really wanted the Sox to get Maddux or at least try! It would have been a real nice rotation.

Comment

Shorty...

you should be ESTATIC over pettitte. he's a great palyer and competitor. can pitch those BIG games and has the best pickoff move i've ever seen. roger is also a nice pickup, and they're best of friends. i hope that small park doesn't hurt them too much.

GL

JD

Comment

Walker is gone shorty and i believe Ortiz will play EVERY day and put up even bigger numbers.

GL

Comment

Don't under estimate the Pokey Reese signing, Foulke is a stud and defense and pitching win championships.......So I have been told.
                        Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

i am from NY so i guess i am some biased, but baseball i sdef my fav sport to follow, especially the yansk and our arch-enemy redsox...honostly, i wouldn't be surprised if the yanks don't win the WS this year. baseball possibly more than other sports has a lot to do with chemiusrty, and NY has a lot of new guys coming in this year, may take a while for them to gel. i personally thought the sox were fav to win before the year, but with the whole a-rod trade and emotion around the game, the pressure is def now on the yanks....i like the angels to win the AL,

JD

Comment

Hey we the Red Sox are once again the "UnderDogs" but who knows maybe someday they shock the world and get it done! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Comment

FWIW-I took the Red sox at 6 1/2-1 to win the WS, and even though Yank's acquisition of A-Rod, is huge, the loss of Pettite, Clemens and Wells is equally huge; personally I personally think one of those two teams will it all this year(no disrespect to Cubs, Astros, etc).

Comment

Working...
                              X