Nascar Calcutta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Calcutta

Has anybody ever went to a Nascar Calcutta. That is where you bid on each driver. Who does everybody like to win it all this year. Would like all the excellent opinions from everybody on this site. The calcutta I am going to is this thursday night.

How about some help from all you nascar players? Who do you think can win it all this year? Thanks

Comment

Maybe Wayne or someone can give you a pick as I know nothing about Nascar.

Comment

Pete i like in this order

J Johnson
        J Gordon
        T Stewart

I expect big years from all 3

GL!

Comment

Wayne, thanks for the info. I go to Nfl and college basketball calcutta's, but have never been to one for Nascar. I know in the past, you have done real good with nascar racing. Keep up the good work, that you always do.

Comment

Pickempete :

I dont claim to know a lot about NASCAR but I do read alot and have noticed a very large amount of publications singing the praises of a strong comeback by a very unlikely older driver . A new sponsor (a 3 year deal) with Schwans Frozen Foods , and Dodge giving support ( engineering , technical , wind-tunnel , ie ) .

He was the fastest on the final day of Test Cup sessions at Daytona , one of the fastest in race trim during test sessions at Las Vegas and other owners are begining to snub his team ( a sign of good things to come ) . They bankrolled thier own team for several years without major help ( factory team , major sponsor ) and have came along way in this racket and thier driver has won 4 Winston Cup races , 83 sprint car champ , victories in Busch , Busch North , Craftsman Truck , Southwest , and Winston West series . Now its a given he finished 36th in points last year but for the odds and longshot value I am going with ;

" Ken Schrader "

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
            " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Memphis i'm by no means trying to be critical here but you do know that he wants the driver that's going to win the Whole thing right?

Just curious cause i'm pretty confident saying Schrader has zero chance.

Again please don't take this wrong but i think it a big waste of a dollar to pick him.

GL

Comment

Pete

Here are my picks for the championship, I've been watching nascar for about 15 years, hope this helps!!!

1. Jeff Gordon (Has to clear his head of ex-wife)

2. Dale Jr. (Has challenged his crew for championship)

3. Ryan Newman (Rule changes should help)
                There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet.

Comment

wayne :

Of course I do and by no means are you being critical , its just that I intend to lay a wager at very decent odds to have him win it all ( nothing large by no means ) .

Everything that has been said in several mags says not to rule him out of the big picture cause he will win his share of races this year at several venues and is being overlooked by many and " if " that is the case ? ...... I wanted to be in on the ground floor . You notice I did state he was 36th in the point standings last year and it was intended to forewarn that this is a very long long long " longshot " .

I will be as last year following your selections closely (to the bank) again and look forward to something that starts to put money back where it belongs ( my pocket ) :D

I will admit that I do strange things like bet on Carolina to win the NFC this year (8 months ago) but everyonce in a while a blind squirrel will find a acorn !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
                  " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

my picks

for the first time in over 1000 posts, i can say i disagree with MMM, ken schrader is not a top 15 driver, he cannot win a race unless either 20 people crash or he happens to be one of those that pits at a time nobody else does (like greg biffle did last year at daytona)

i think it is gordon's year, he is the best of our generation and is due.........hard to knock ryan newman who won so many races last year...........and i also think jr will have a great year.......do not discount kenseth either, he was really consistent 2 years ago too

b

Comment

Re: my picks

Originally posted by shorty3830
                      for the first time in over 1000 posts, i can say i disagree with MMM, ken schrader is not a top 15 driver, he cannot win a race unless either 20 people crash or he happens to be one of those that pits at a time nobody else does (like greg biffle did last year at daytona)

i think it is gordon's year, he is the best of our generation and is due.........hard to knock ryan newman who won so many races last year...........and i also think jr will have a great year.......do not discount kenseth either, he was really consistent 2 years ago too

b
                      Under this "New" format J Johnson would have won the Championship last year. I don't understand how you can mention his team partner (J Gordon) and not mention him anywhere????

Just Curious. :D shanks you too! :D

Comment

MMM

i too, meant no disrespect, and i have a friend that bet the rams ro win sthe super bowl in pre-season of the kurt warner year, so anything canhappen............good luck on that

wayne, i am a big jimmie johnson fan, the best way for me to say it is this, i think of nascar in tiers::

Tier 1 (can win any race they enter)-->gordon, johnson, newman, stewart, jr. , busch, kenseth

Tier 2 (could also win pretty much any race, but unlikely to pull off serious top 10 streaks like the top guys)--->b. labonte, dj, mcmurray, wallace, martin, biffle, harvick, j. burton

Tier 3 (aside from tracks they specialize on, will only win when the car is perfect all week long)--->m. waltrip, r. gordon, r. rudd, s marlin, t. labonte, b.elliot, w. burton

Tier 4 (wins by fluke, meaning others wreck, or fluke pit)-->everybody else

that is how i see the 2004 season
                        b

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think J.Johnson is a great driver, I just think Gordon is due.

I really like Gordon to bounce back this year, after a sub par year, after that bitch Brooke fucked his head up, It should be an interesting year, Good Luck
                          There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X