• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

November 12, 2019

Eastern Michigan @ Akron
    Spread
    Eastern Michigan -17 @ -110

There’s little reason to have optimism about the Zips in this contest. When you’re 0-9 and sit dead last in the FBS in both rushing and scoring offense, those are reasons for concern. Factor in that the team has scored seven points or less in six of their last nine games and you have to be even less inclined to take the hosts. Akron hasn’t scored a touchdown in their last four games, getting outscored 131-9 in that stretch. Eastern Michigan hasn’t been all that great but they can score some points and it works in their favor here. The Eagles get back to .500 on the season as they put the boots to the Zips, dropping Akron to 0-10. What could mess up this spread of -17 is that a severe snow storm could move in at game time.

Western Michigan @ Ohio
    Spread
    Western Michigan +1.5 @ -110

Take the Broncos getting the points. I love the Broncos here. I'm surprised they are not favored. I like them to win this outright so take them getting the points. When you look at common opponents, Western Michigan beat up on Ball State while Ohio lost to them. Also, Western Michigan has an elite running game and Ohio is not very good against the run so I don't see how they are going to slow the Broncos down. It will undoubtedly be a close game because Ohio is home, they are also a good running team, but when its all said and done, I like the better team -- Western Michigan - to pull it out. A win would put them in first place in their division and that's great incentive.

YTD
    0-0-0
    What a long strange trip it has been. I would like to do it again.

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

A sweet 2-0 yesteday. Today's pick looks extremely solid.

November 13, 2019

Northern Illinois @ Toledo
    Game Winner
    Toledo @ -130

Books are offing -2.5 -110 is not my play but it is a desirable play if you so choose.

The Huskies are playing horrible on the year so far and have had flashes of brilliance on the year, but when the Huskies have been on the road the Huskies have fallen on hard times. Look for those hard times to continue in the game here as the Rockets are able to dominate the game here rather easily. Final Score Prediction, Toledo Rockets win and cover ATS 31-23.

YTD
    2-0-0=100% +1.82 units
    Last edited by rhodyjo; 11-13-2019, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Good to see you, Rhody! Thanks and good luck!

Comment

Toledo @ Buffalo
        Spread
        Buffalo -8.5 @ -110

Take the Bulls giving up the points. These two teams are coming off excruciating losses for different reasons. Toledo was getting blown out before making a furious comeback only to be defeated by a last-minute field goal. Buffalo was up big only to see a 21 point lead in the fourth quarter disappear. It was a far more devastating defeat for Buffalo given that they were so close to victory. They are home this week and should be very angry and fired up after last week's loss. Plus, its a good matchup for them because while the Rockets have the best running attack in the conference, they have the best running defense, so they should be able to keep the Rockets at bay. The Rockets are 1-5 against the spread in their last 6 meetings.

YTD
        2-1-0=66% +0.82 units

Comment

Results

Originally posted by rhodyjo View Post
          Toledo @ Buffalo
          Spread
          Buffalo -8.5 @ -110 Won 49-30

Take the Bulls giving up the points. These two teams are coming off excruciating losses for different reasons. Toledo was getting blown out before making a furious comeback only to be defeated by a last-minute field goal. Buffalo was up big only to see a 21 point lead in the fourth quarter disappear. It was a far more devastating defeat for Buffalo given that they were so close to victory. They are home this week and should be very angry and fired up after last week's loss. Plus, its a good matchup for them because while the Rockets have the best running attack in the conference, they have the best running defense, so they should be able to keep the Rockets at bay. The Rockets are 1-5 against the spread in their last 6 meetings.

YTD
          3-1-0=66% +1.73 units

Won 49-30

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

November 21, 2019

NC State @ Georgia Tech
            Spread
            NC State +2 @ -110

Neither program enters today's late-Nov. matchup as inspired groups. By winning out NC State can make its sixth-consecutive bowl appearance. Conversely, Georgia Tech has nothing to gain Thurs. other than pride. I don't think pride will be enough for Johnson's men opposite slightly better competition. With little to choose from between teams struggling on both sides, expect a quality outing from Leary as fellow youngster Zonovan Knight gains ground yards vs. Tech's generous run defense. It's worth noting the Wolfpack are 0-4 this year on the road. Georgia Tech is just 1-4 from home. Today, NC State claims it first 2019 road win.

YTD
            3-1-0=66% +1.73 units

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

November 23, 2019

Florida Atlantic @ Texas San Antonio
              Spread
              Florida Atlantic -21 @ -110

Michigan State @ Rutgers
              Spread
              Rutgers +21.5 @ -110

Coastal Carolina @ UL Monroe
              Game Winner
              UL Monroe @ -205

Miami-Florida @ Florida Intl
              Spread
              Miami-Florida -20.5 @ -110

Duke @ Wake Forest
              Spread
              Wake Forest -6.5 @ -110

YTD
              4-1-1=80% +2.64

Last edited by rhodyjo; 11-23-2019, 04:57 AM.

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

November 26, 2019

Western Michigan @ Northern Illinois
                Spread
                Western Michigan -8.5 @ -110

YTD
                5-5-0=50% -0.45 units

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAA Thread

November 28, 2019

Mississippi @ Mississippi State
                  Game Winner
                  Mississippi State @ -135

I think getting Mississippi State at this price is a steal. The Bulldogs are the much better team, and they have something to play for still while Ole Miss already knows they aren't going to a bowl game. Mississippi State's offense has improved greatly now that Stevens is back at quarterback, and they should be able to exploit an Ole Miss secondary that has been giving up some of the most passing yards in the country. Mississippi State trounced Ole Miss in this game last year by 32 points, and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw something similar here.

YTD
                  5-6-0=45% -1.45 units

Comment

Results

November 28, 2019

Mississippi @ Mississippi State
                    Game Winner
                    Mississippi State @ -135 Won

I think getting Mississippi State at this price is a steal. The Bulldogs are the much better team, and they have something to play for still while Ole Miss already knows they aren't going to a bowl game. Mississippi State's offense has improved greatly now that Stevens is back at quarterback, and they should be able to exploit an Ole Miss secondary that has been giving up some of the most passing yards in the country. Mississippi State trounced Ole Miss in this game last year by 32 points, and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw something similar here.

YTD
                    6-6-0=50% -0.71 units

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

November 29, 2019

Kent State @ Eastern Michigan
                      Game Winner
                      Eastern Michigan @ -190

YTD
                      6-6-0=50% -0.71 units

Comment

Results

November 29, 2019

Kent State @ Eastern Michigan
                        Game Winner
                        Eastern Michigan @ -190 Loss

YTD
                        6-7-0=46% -1.71 units

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

November 30, 2019

Arizona @ Arizona State
                          Game Winner
                          Arizona State @ -550

UL Monroe @ UL Lafayette
                          Spread
                          UL Lafayette -19.5 @ -110

Texas A&M @ LSU
                          Spread
                          LSU -17 @ -115

YTD
                          YTD
                          6-7-0=46% -1.71 units

Comment

RhodyJo's NCAAF Thread

December 6, 2019

Oregon @ Utah
                            Spread
                            Utah -6.5 @ -110

YTD
                            8-8-0=50% -1.65 units

Comment

good luck RhodyJo

Comment

Working...
                              X