• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EARLY BIRDS (a week later) BOWL REPORT '17

BIRM: usf -2½ txtch
    BIRM: usf txtch 67ov
    OUTBACK: socar +8 michigan

I usually come in right after opening lines for bowls come in, but this year back-logged a bit, better late than never (oxymoron) HAHA- but worth the wait as these Early Bird reports have produced a 24-15-1 record in 2017 , so I hope these are being absorbed than neglected. Bowl season is a different animal, there are 39 of them this year (compare to say approximately 56 games in a given college fb weekend), and it's probably more sensible to "pick your spot" instead of playing a holiday gamut of bowls. Bowl games are similar to Monday Night Football and NFL Thursday Night Football; there has to be a situation that checks out as an opportunity versus "just because there's a game on TV tonite, you have to bet on it." So no matter what loud mouth froths "I went 30-6 in bowl games last year", there only may be a HANDFUL of TRUE OPPORTUNITY in these. Toss out the "The Mountain West Conference has gone 9-1 in the Liberty Bowl ATS since 1995" , you might as well play yahtzee in a Beale Street alley if you can't believe in true situations.
    I know there are more than three opportunities in this bowl season (BTW, not being gun-shy, but I didnt have a good bowl season in '16, but may have forced more plays than I wanted to ), so perhaps I may do a couple more before the new year arrives. But a good shoot out should be in place at Birmingham, this number should climb higher. The Wolverines are getting juice all because of the Big House and Big Harbaugh-Schembechler mystique, they face a great Gamecock defence, and you're getting more than a touchdown. Get in before it comes down!!

Good Luck Bubba!

Comment

Working...
    X