CFB Week 6 From David Hess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB Week 6 From David Hess

I'm sensing a theme here. I have gone 4-2 in each of the last 4 weeks. Still, i'll take 66% any day. Let's keep it going.

Virginia Tech/ Boston College Under 46.5

The Hokies will be a bit angry after their loss to Clemson and their offense didn’t look great last week, but should get back on track against a BC defense that has been one of the worst in the ACC so far. Still, the Eagles had a good showing on defense last week against Central Michigan, and that should mean some confidence for this game, so they may get slow down the Hokies just enough. The problem for the Eagles really comes on the offensive side of the ball and can they score enough to put this game over the total. They have scored a total of 37 points in their three games against non-MAC opponents and the Hokies have a very tough defense. I just don’t see the Eagles scoring enough for this game to go over, so take the Under.

Minnesota +3 over Purdue

The Purdue Boilermakers have shown that they are an improved team this year, while the Golden Gophers may be be a bit overrated after their 31-24 home loss to Maryland last week. The Boilermakers were stymied by a tough Michigan defense a couple of weeks ago and will now have to try and figure out a tough Minnesota defense in this one. The Golden Gophers are 28th in the nation against the pass and i see them being able to slow down this Purdue passing game that has been solid in the early going. The defense has been improved for Purdue, but they are 106th in the nation against the pass and I look for Minnesota to take advantage of that, especially once they get their ground game going. Too much defense from the Gophers as they bounce back from a bad home loss a week ago.

Iowa State/ Oklahoma Over 64

The Oklahoma offense is awesome, but the Cyclones really played a good game defensively against Texas last week. That won’t matter here though as they will not be able to slow this machine down at all. The Cyclones are 108th in the nation against the pass and Oklahoma is 4th in passing, plus mayfield threw for 328 yards on this defense last year and he may have more weapons this time around. The Cyclone offense struggled against Texas last week, but the Sooners did allow 523 yards and 41 points to Baylor a couple of weeks ago. ISU will not come close to those numbers, but they should be good for at least 17 points, while the Sooners hit the 50-point mark. 52-17 sounds about right for this one.

I Also Like

Eastern Michigan +14 over Toledo

Marshall -14 over Charlotte

Iowa/ Illinois Under 42.5

Good Luck Everyone!
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

Working...
    X