Week Five CFB From David Hess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week Five CFB From David Hess

I gave gone 4-2 here in each of the last three weeks. Let's keep it going.

Syracuse +14 over NC State

The NC State Wolfpack are off a stunning win over the Seminoles on the road, while Syracuse played very well in a loss to LSU on the road. This is a clear letdown spot for NC State, especially since they will be taking on a Syracuse team that is experienced and much-improved over last year. The Orange have really shown improvements on the defensive side of the ball and it should be that defense that is able to keep this game close for them. Dino Babers has done a fine job in a short time so far and I look for his Orange to play inspired football in this one against a Wolfpack team that may be just a bit flat after pulling a huge road upset last year. I see NC State winning by no more than seven points.

Georgia/ Tennessee Under 47

The Volunteers need to win this game, but it will not be easy to do so as the Bulldogs are a very formidable foe. A reason that the Bulldogs are so tough is that the run the ball very well and they also play great defense as they show last night in holding the Mississippi State offense to just three points. This is a very good defense and the Volunteers are not all that explosive on offense, in fact they like to run the ball as well and with both teams running a lot, that will eat plenty of clock in this one. The Vols struggled in their opener against the run, but have tightened it up of late and should keep the Bulldogs from moving the ball to easily. This has the feel of a hard-hitting classic SEC defensive battle. So take the Under in this one.

Arizona State/ Stanford Over 59.5

The Stanford Cardinal had such high hopes this year, but thanks to their play on the defensive side of the ball they will have a tough time getting to the Pac-12 Title game. That defense has already allowed 76 points and 1230 yards in their two games against Pac-12 competition this year and will now have to try and shut down a very good ASU offense. I just don’t see it happening. I also don’t see the Sun Devils shutting down one of the better offenses in the Pac-12 and the Cardinal showed how good that offense can be in their win over UCLA last week. Stanford will score plenty of points this year and they will need to as their defense does not look good at all. I look for this one to be a shootout with at least 70 points being scored.

I also Like:

Minnesota -13 over Maryland

Auburn -8 over Mississippi State

Clemson/ Virginia Tech Under 51

Good Luck Everyone
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

THanks and good luck to you also
      Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Comment

Nice call on Cuse! Thanks