NFL Sunday From David Hess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Sunday From David Hess

On to the NFL. Lets start off in fine fashion.

NY Jets +8 Over Buffalo

The Jets are not going to be a very good team this year, while the Bills could be in the mix for a wildcard berth the whole season long. The Bills will have an improved offense, but how much remains to be seen. They will be led by their defense this year and having a good defense when going up against the Jets is a good thing. Still, the Bills’ offense will be facing a Jets’ defense that has a chance at being very solid this year. Buffalo is not a team that will blow many out this year and for that I feel that the Jets have a good shot at covering one of the biggest spreads on the board this week. This one will come down to the wire.

Philadelphia/ Washington Over 48.5

The should be a really good opening week game between a couple of teams that have playoff aspirations this year. The Eagles were a much improved team on defense last year, but their first team did allow Jay Cutler of Miami to have a good game against them. Kirk Cousins could have a good showing as well. The Washington defense struggled to defend the pass last year year and Carson Wentz looked good in the preseason and he has the added weapons of Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith at his disposable. I look for him to put up big numbers in this one. The over is 11-1 in the Eagles’ last 12 road games and 8-2 in Washington’s last 10 home games, plus the Over is 5-1 the last six games in this series. I look for a shootout in this one.

Carolina/ San Francisco Under 47

The Carolina Panthers were just 6-10 last year after going 15-1 the year before and making it all the way to the Super Bowl. The Niners have a new head coach in Kyle Shanahan after going just 2-14 last year under Chip Kelly. The Panthers have some questions on defense, while the Niners had the worst defense in the league last year. Still, the Niners really upgraded that side of the ball and with a slower paced offense, they will not be on the field as much and that will allow them to greatly improve on that side of the ball. The Panthers have upgraded their defense as well and will; be taking on an offense that is improved, but still will not be that good this year. The Panthers and Niners will both look to run in this game and that will keep the clock moving. I look for the Under in this one.

I Also Like:

Packers/ Seahawks under 51

6-Point Teaser-- Falcons -.5 & Steelers -3

Good Luck All
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

Working...
    X