CFB Saturday (9/9) From David Hess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB Saturday (9/9) From David Hess

Went just 2-3 last week. Let's get it back this week. Also would like to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to anyone in the path of Irma.

San Diego State/ Arizona State Over 54.5

This should be a good late night game on Saturday between a couple of teams that come in off of nice wins to open their seasons. The problem for the Sun Devils this year will be their defense, which looks again to be one of the worst in the nation. Their pass defense is awful, but the Aztecs are not a throwing team. Still, the Aztecs can use their powerful ground game to do its thing and then open up holes for a capable passing attack to hit some big plays down the field. The Aztecs are strong on defense, but this ASU offense looks to be strong, especially their aerial attack and they should be able to put up some points on this defense, plus they do throw the ball a lot and that will not keep the clock rolling. I look for plenty of points in this one as it goes Over the Total.

Houston -1 over Arizona

Arizona looked really good in their opening win against Northern Arizona. Well at least their offense did as they piled up 506 yards rushing and 62 points in the win. The Cougars have a very stout front wall and I look for them to keep this offense under wraps. The Wildcats had one of the worst defenses in the nation last year and the Cougars will be able to exploit that, especially with offensive guru Major Applewhite at the helm of the Cougars. This offense will be very good this year and I just don’t see Arizona being able to stop them, especially since they allowed NAU to pile up 562 yards of total offense. The Cougars have a huge edge on defense and they will make enough plays on that side of the ball to win the game.

Washington State -10 over Boise State

Last year the teams played a great game that ended in a 31-28 win by the Broncos. The Cougars had a solid game against Montana State and so did Luke Falk, who is one of the best QBs in the nation. What will really impress me about the Cougars this year will be their defense, which has improved in each of the last two years and will be even better this year. The Broncos did not look good in their opener, especially on offense, but their defense did play well. The Broncos could have a solid defense this year, but it will take some time for that unit to gel as they have back just four starters on that side of the ball. The Cougars have a huge edge on offense and I even give them the edge on defense, so they should be able to win this one by around 14 points.

I Also Like:

West Virginia -24.5 over East Carolina

Nebraska +13.5 over Oregon

Oklahoma +7.5 over Ohio State

Good Luck Everyone!
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

Thanks Monte. Good luck to you also
      Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Comment

Working...