This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cappers?

Anybody know who are the best cappers over the years, among those services on this forum, in NBA and CBB?

The Alatex 20 star picks have looked good to me. The Mike Lee rule of playing 8 star picks and fading the rest applied to football, but what about college BB?
    sigpic

I'm in the process of compiling a list of top services this year based on known (by me) plays. I won't post records for all services, just some of the ones with the best win %. But, this is only for this YTD...I'm not sure about years past...I'll see what I can find.
    Good Luck!!
    ~MrCC

Comment

Thanks.

I also very much appreciate your past posts - have won some money by taking your top plays at times.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Art. I started out hot here, then cooled off a bit...hope to get things going again.
        Good Luck!!
        ~MrCC

Comment

Go to www.thesportsmonitor.com.

Ruth Glasgow of the Sports Monitor of Oklahoma City monitors most of the old school cappers (Mike Lee, Northcoast, Marc Lawrence) and also guys that are fairly new to the industry such as myself. She first and foremost ranks the cappers based on their winning percentage. She has been doing it since 1985 and has archived records on her site.

Trackpicks, Bobby Bakowski (I think he is at www.*********************.com), AADSS, and Jack Stewart (SportsWatch) also monitor legitimate services. However, Ruth Glasgow probably has the biggest range of cappers with regard to the amount they spend on marketing.

Please note that only monitored cappers should be trusted. It costs $1000 per year to be monitored by Ruth Glasgow so it is a pretty big investment if you are a bad handicapper.

Comment

MTI is good.Very good in the NBA.Texas Sportswire in college football but have been so-so in hoops.From what i've seen its MTI though, in hoops...
            Jimmy aint heavy he's my brother!!!

Comment

I bet these games:

underdog
              private players 5 star
              frank magliosa's plays
              aletax 20 stars
              aaa sports 3 stars
              rock n roll

Comment

I'm starting to keep a spreadsheet of how the services are doing. It's hard to go backwards and get an accurate number, so I have compiled the records for as much as possible, and will keep it updated from here on out. I will wait another week or so before posting the entire list (because nobody really cares if someone is on a 3-0 or 5-2 run) so more records are recorded. But, here are a couple who have been hot in the NBA over the past week (or past few weeks, depending on the data I was able to collect

Aztec - 23-9 (72%) - 3* 5-0 the past week
                Cokin - 20-7 run
                Falcon - 6-0 the past week
                Mike Warren - 8-2 the past week
                Professor - 10-5 the past week
                Raider - 15-4 run
                Winning Points - 11-5 the past week

Again, this data is by no means 100% accurate, but rather based on my calculations and data gathered from other sources. I will continue to update all of the services in both NBA and NCAA Hoops and post more results in the coming weeks.
                Good Luck!!
                ~MrCC

Comment

Mr CC:

In all due respect for their records this past week, I doubt the Professor or Mike Warren even attempt to handicap these games. They are purely marketing men, aka scamdicappers. If you keep track of their records for any length of time and they actually show a profit I will be amazed. Sports Illustrated did an article about both of these guys several years ago, which pretty much showed them to be frauds.

There are very few services that can win over time. Some days I even have doubts about the one I own and operate. It is very hard work to churn out winners consistently and there can be many 1-1 days on the way to the occassional 3-0 or 4-1.

I would urge anyone that follows handicapping services to check with an honest monitor prior to wagering a penny on service plays.

Comment

Point taken Pioneer, however these are services that are listed in the reports sent by BC. Am I saying that they are good 'cappers? No, I don't have an opinion either way. I know all about the allegations towards MANY services out there today, which is why personally I don't follow most if not all. I still think the best way to pick games, is to develop your own "system" and 'cap the games yourself. Sure, you can see who others like too if that helps in your decision.

I will however attempt to keep some sort of records over the next few weeks to see how they are doing. I have received some requests for this information, so I will be happy to share what I find out.

All of the "marketing men" or "tout services" want one thing: to make you believe that they will hit 70% of the games ALL THE TIME. Well, if you believe that.......

Again, I am not recommending ANY services, just posting the numbers.

Thanks!
                    Good Luck!!
                    ~MrCC

Comment

Mr. CC

Thanks for the info, am looking foward to the report cards.
                      1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

GOOD STUFF

Comment

Mr. CC:

Right, it certainly does not hurt to post the records of every service you can get your hands on. I would not mind legislation that required all of us to be monitored by a "licensed" monitor to sell these picks.

Regarding the marketers making people think that 70% is a reality, you could not be closer to the truth. One of our late phone subscribers recently quit service after the football season because we did not do well enough according to him. We went 21-21 (50%) in college football and 30-20 (60%) in the NFL. I guess a telemarketing service will provide better picks.

I cannot tell you how much hard work went into those records and believe me, it was frustrating to lose our last five college football regular season games to make our college service a losing proposition for the year. Anybody that thinks even a 60% record over time in every sport is a dreamer.

Comment

That's why it's called "gambling" and not "winning". If all you can project for winning is 60%, why would anyone pay for it Ted? Better off having a chicken or a cat to predict 60%. PhilSr is still the best capper I know.
                            You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Phil Jr:

Wrong. Gambling is for losers. If you are truly gambling then you might as well throw darts because over the course of years you will hit about 50% and just make the juice donation to your "man."

A good service will strive for around 53-55% over time. That is winning and it can be done through research, statistical analysis, and data mining. The reason why someone would pay for it is because there are only a few services in this country that can produce such results. Your daddy Phil can certainly do it in college football, but I wouldn't give you a penny for his NFL selections. Go ahead and ask either Ruth Glasgow or Jack Stewart for his records. They have been monitoring him for years and would be more than happy to grant your request.

Do you honestly believe that anyone can hit better than 60% over time in all sports? If so, show me the documented results from this service or person. Who monitored these selections? Better yet, who got rich from playing them?

Our service ranked eighth for the year in NFL football as documented by the Sports Monitor of Oklahoma City and I seriously doubt any of our clients are driving new cadillacs. However, they made money and that probably can't be said for the vast majority of the people that "gambled."

Comment

Working...
                              X