Handcapping Questions of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage:

Why do you think that Brian Mac refuses to get an independent monitor? I mean, you always rip on Big Al, Marc Lawrence, etc. But at least they are monitored. Could you please explain to me how it would hurt Brian Mac to be monitored if he is so good.
    dogpick
    Who let the dogs out?

Comment

dogpick

Nada- -no, not even close. Two different services; completely. They don't know of each other, and don't work together. Go to Game Times web site. He probably has other comp phones across the country for his advertising. He has no 800 number, and if you call about his service, he will never ask you for your name, address, or phone number.

Stripe
      yah mon!!!

Comment

bc

sorry wrong thread
        Last edited by poboy; 01-30-2004, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Stripe:

You may be correct that they do not know each other. However, a review of their websites shows that neither is monitored. What do they have to hide? That is the question I would ask. Monitors are cheap or even free--see ****************.com.
          dogpick
          Who let the dogs out?

Comment

Dogpick-I can't speak for Brian Mac, but maybe he does believe that most of monitoring service are either not honest and/or present ratings in a way not tied to the way he (Brian) tells his people to play his picks.
            I still thing it kind of presumptuous on your part to infer he is a scammer like the other ones cited especially as he is one of the first ones to expose the bad services.
            I think by now you would have heard a lot of folks claiming Brian Mac lies if that were true.
            Everyone knocks Jack Price, Demarco, Feiner because they have been either scammed in the past or because others have told their stories.
            I have seen people bitch a few times because Brian Mac didn't win for them during the time frame they joined, but have heard no one say with documentation he is not honest and/or that he is in same category as aforementioned jerks.

Comment

Savage:

Just because he does not call people asking for money does not mean he is not a fraud. If he was any good, he would be monitored. Why wouldn't he be monitored? Because he could hardly rant and rave about other services crappy record when theirs was better than his.

I really think it is hypocritical of you to bash guys like Big Al, Marc Lawrence, etc, when those guys are monitored. In other words, you are not really exposing them at all because they already are exposed by the records at their monitors. Nonetheless, you now state that Brian Mac is the best service (along with a monitored capper-Phil Steel) when Brian Mac is not even documented and refuses to be documented under the premise that all monitors are frauds. Brian, you, I, and everyone else know that all monitors are not frauds.

Brian Mac also does the same things you bitch about regarding other services. He has other guys--Manager, etc.., that release plays so that somebody out of the bunch can be a winner. Oh, but it is OK when Brian does it because he exposes other scammers. I mean, he has felt your pain so he must be on the up and up, right? My gosh, were you born yesterday?

I have seen plenty of people bitching about Brian Mac on the web. Like I said before, if he hits 60% on his free picks then you should be posting them. If Brian Mac is so great then one more post per day won't kill you if you are already calling his comp line anyway. I can hardly wait to see the 60% winners. We will all be rich very soon if what you are saying is true. However, I won't be holding my breath.

Just tell me where you will be posting all these winners so I can be rich beyond my wildest dreams by following the "syndicates."

dogpick
              Who let the dogs out?

Comment

Dogpick-I merely stated that in my humble opinion if someone was releasing a GOY or a no limit/openender, I would put a Northcoast 5*, which is monitored and a Brian Mac no limit play )which I know for a fact has hit at a great rate) as my two top choices to use if I was going to use a paid service.
                Which paid service would you use if you had to for a big play and why?
                Also, you are criticizing one of comp. lines I use;name a beter oen-maybe Ty Gaston. lol. Talk about real scammers-I still can't get out of my mind the 106-8 record he claimed a couple of years ago on his website for code zebra plays.
                This conversation is in a sense meaningless,as my first question is only real relevant one- who arethe best FREE cappers on bettorschat?
                That is the best way to stay in the game for nothing!

Comment

Savage:

It is not an irrelevant conversation because you stated that Brian Mac gives out 60% winners on his comp line, and you then proceeded to give the number. I am assuming that you posted the number because you thought people would call, but there really is no reason for anyone to call if you just post the comp plays every day.

Do you want people to call that number for some reason? It is also pretty strange that you rip on every service, including Phil Steele, but for some reason you love Brian Mac even though he is not monitored. If you go up the thread, you state that he gives great customer service, but then you state you are not a member. How do you know what his customer service is like? Additionally, you make the argument that he must be good because nobody says he is bad. While, maybe he is bad because nobody seems to be saying he is good (Now watch--someone with 12 posts will write and say that Brian Mac gives out 75% winners). That sort of reasoning is ridiculous.

I think it is pretty reasonable to ask why you wouldn't just post the 60% winners if you call every day and post here so much anyway. Just post the winners, and I will shut up.
                  dogpick
                  Who let the dogs out?

Comment

Re: Best & Worst

Originally posted by Stripe
                    I've found the two best cappers which are never seen on the board.

Mel Stewart Sports out of Pennsylvania (215-938-0485) (MelStewartSports.Com)

Game Time Sports out of Illinois (215-602-8382) (Gametimesports.com

There are just too many bad paid cappers to list.

If any one had an experience with the above two that I mention, please follow up on this response.

Nevermind those are Phone #'s
                    Last edited by BettorsChat; 01-30-2004, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                      Dogpick- I will post the picks from now on when there is one.
                      My opinion is based mostly on my many years of following the services, the real scamsters like Price, Feiner, Demarco, Fixer, Feist and his multiple cappers all giving out differentr sides of different games.
                      I cannot obviously say that I am 100% correct in my assessment of Brian Mac, but I can't believe(check out his website www.brianmac.com and look at various choices) and see how he accurately shows the dishonesty in the handicapping industry and then turn around and do the same thing himself.
                      Obviously if anyone has paid for Brian Mac's picks, I think all of us would like to know what his experience was.
                      My opinion on Mr. Mac is based on what I have stated, how he presents himself on his tapes and my overall gut feeling.
                      If I am wrong, let someone step forward and say otherwise.
                      Brian mac wins in spurts and when he losses he loses big.

Comment

Dogpick-Lets drop the conversation;this is going nowhere.
                        You have no actual proof he is a scammer/fraud, and I can't back up my overall feelings other than from my overall sense of Mac.
                        As stated I will try to post the comp. pick when it is up, and lets just at this point regard it as another possible tool to win, which is what counts anyways.
                        Last edited by savage1; 01-30-2004, 06:27 PM.

Comment

ps I will try to post the manager's free play when he posts one at his website www.managerusa.com, as he also claims an outstanding record;you keep track in return.
                          I will post plays in service section (where all other service plays are posted).

Comment

BettersChat

I woluld like to see you monitor Mel Stewart & Game Time each day for a few weeks. Call their hot line number that I supplied, and listen to what they have to state. It would not take long for one to realize if b. s. was being served. M. S. S. at times, can speel off the b.s., but I never can state the same about Game Time.

Stripe :tongue:
                            yah mon!!!

Comment

Manager claims 36-16 on comp. plays. Lets see if that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                                Manager claims 36-16 on comp. plays. Lets see if that is true.
                                He needs a new website as the one he has is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X