Seattle vs Carolina Preview & Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle vs Carolina Preview & Pick

Had a nice winner on New England -5 yesterday. Let's get another one today.

Seattle vs Carolina

The Seattle Seahawks did not have a great year overall, but they have played very well down the stretch and that is usually what matters. The Seahawks enter this game having won seven of their last 8 games, including last week’s 10-9 win over Minnesota, which was played in sub zero conditions. When people think of the Seahawks it is usually about their defense first and that is understandable with the way they have played defense down the stretch. During their last 6 games, the Seahawks have allowed just 10.67 ppg, which is pretty darn good. For the year this Seahawk defense ranks 2nd in the league in yards allowed , 2nd vs the pass, 1st vs the run and 1st in points allowed, giving up just 17.3 ppg. The Offense has been very solid as well for the Seahawks as they rank 4th in total yards, 3rd in rushing and 5th in scoring putting up 26.4 ppg. The Seahawks really exploded on offense down the stretch as they put up 32 ppg during their last 8 regular season games. They do get a boost in this game as it looks like Marshawn Lynch is a go for them , which really aids their ground attack.

For the Carolina Panthers, they had an amazing season as they made it to 14-0 before suffering their first loss of the year, which was a 7 point loss at Atlanta, The Panthers have usually been know for a strong defense and this year was no different, but what was added to the mix was an offense that led the league in scoring, putting up 31.2 ppg. They have been led by a strong running game that ranks 2nd in the league at 142.6 ppg. Jonathan Stewart has been very solid, rushing for 989 yards with 6 TDs, while the second leading rusher is QB Cam Newton, who rumbled for 686 yards and 10 TDs at 4.8 yards per pop. A true dual threat QB and has really been the engine that makes this offense go. THe Panthers do rank 24th in passing, but still when they pass they have hit some big plays and that is because of an effective running game. Now back to the defense, which has been very good this year as they come in ranked 6th in the league in in yards allowed, 4th vs the run and 6th in points allowed, giving up just 19.2 ppg.

The Carolina Panthers had a great year, but I feel it end here vs a Seattle team that is looking to make up for last year’s super bowl blunder. Getting Marshawn Lynch back for the Seahawks is big and it will really help them have some more balance offense. They will still run it a lot but still, having Lynch run the ball will open up more throwing lanes for Wilson, who has been very effective down the stretch. The Carolina offense has been very effective as well this year, but they are going up against a defense that has been playing out of their minds of late and I expect them to struggle in this one. The way Seattle has played offense down the stretch I feel that the offenses are a tie, while Seattle has the edge on defense and it will be their defense that wins the game for them.

Play Seattle +2.5 over Carolina

GLA
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

GL. I am on it too!

Comment

Working...
      X