Kansas City vs New England Preview & Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City vs New England Preview & Pick

Sorry that I haven't been around as much as I would like to be. I have many projects and Im try to get organized, which is an area I have issues at. LOLIm getting closer though.

Kansas City vs New England

The Kansas City Chiefs entered the playoffs as the hottest team in the league and after their wildcard win over Houston they have now won 11 straight games. The Chief completely blew out the Texans last week but duplicating that feat will be much tougher this week vs a rested Patriots team. Looking closer at the 11 game winning streak we see that the Chiefs played really no on. Just three of their wins were vs playoff teams. The first was vs Pittsburgh and that game was with Landry Jones at QB. The 2nd was vs Denver in a game that Manning got hurt and the 3rd was last week vs Houston. In between those two games it was all vs losing teams. During their 1-5 start they faced five playoff teams and were just 1-4 in those games. The Chiefs have built their record on a very tough defense that comes in ranked 7th in the league in total yards and 3rd in points allowed, giving up just 17.9 ppg. The offense suffered some big blows as they lost their top two RBs, including Jamaal Charles, but still they ran the ball well, finishing 6th in the league in rushing. Overall the offense is 30th in total yards, but thanks to good special teams and their defense setting them up in good field position they rank 9th in scoring at 25.3 ppg.

The New England Patriots know all about injuries this year, but still they fought through it all and held off the Jets to win yet another AFC East Title, earning yet another first round bye. The Pats didn’t really play well down the stretch as they won just two of their final 6 game, but four of those games were on the road and this one is at home, where they have gone 7-1 on the year. The WR corps was hit hardest by the Injury bug, but Gronk is now healthy and Edelman is expected back after missing the last 8 games with a broken foot. Having him back is huge as it gives Brady a real deep threat, plus Edelman is also a great possession receiver as well. Despite all the offensive injuries, the Patriots have still managed to rank 5th in the league in passing and that is because they still have Brady. The Patriots are also 3rd in the league in scoring, putting up 29.1 ppg on the year. The defense has been surprisingly solid for the Pats as they come in at 9th in yards allowed, and 10th in points allowed, giving up just 19.7 ppg. This is a hungry team that wants to wipe the taste of a bad finish to the season out of their mouths and they are probably the healthiest they have been all year. Look out.

Well from what I wrote above you pretty much know which way I am going here. The Patriots are clearly the better team here. They are also at home in January, plus they are the healthiest they have been in a while. Oh and they also have one of the greatest coaches of all time that has had a two weeks to prepare. The Chiefs can put up points, but they are still not a good offensive team and that will hurt team here as I just don't see them scoring enough to keep this one close, especially vs a New England team that puts up 31.6 ppg at home. Also as I stated above the Chiefs have really benefited from a soft schedule and from catching team at the just the right time with injuries. New England did not finish the year strong, but they will start of the playoffs strong with a win by at last a TD here.

Play New England -5 over Kansas City

GLA
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good luck like the play here

Comment

Thanks Redheron. Hope you had a good day

Comment

Mr. Hess cha-ching

Comment

A nice sound huh?