CFB For Saturday 9/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB For Saturday 9/26

Had a loss last night on the Boise/ Virginia under and went 1-2 overall. Still 13-5-1 my last 7 days here. I know I did a preview & Pick for two games in other threads, but in this thread I will have my 4 plays for Saturday.

New Mexico Vs Wyoming

128 teams in the FBS and the Cowboys are the least experienced of all those teams and it has shown up n the field as they slot to FCV North Dakota State, lost to an Eastern Michigan squad at home, which is a team that hadn’t won a road game in 3 years and they last week they lost at Washington State by 24 points, despite outgaining them in the game. The Cowboys have put up just 18.7 ppg vs some weak defenses, while their defense has allowed 34.3 ppg and 437.7 ypg so far. The Lobos have played a slightly tougher schedule and have allowed just 374.3 ypg and 24.7 ppg on the year so far. Las week the Lobos were down just 3-0 late in the second quarter to Arizona State, before the Sun Devils’ talent started to take over. Wyoming doesn’t have the talent to take over and their bad defense will go up against this triple option of New Mexico that is very tough to stop. Hard to take the Lobos as a road favorite, but this is one spot that it is clearly warranted. Lobos get a big road win here.

Play New Mexico -3.5 over Wyoming

Oklahoma State vs Texas

Money has come in on the Over and I will follow it. The Oklahoma State Cowboys are clicking on offense right now as they have put up 101 points in their last 2 games. Yes it was vs weak competition, but this Texas defense is having their struggles right now. It’s a mystery, because this team has loads of defensive talent. Still they have allowed 517 ypg and 37 ppg so far, so something isn’t right with this unit right now. On offense the Longhorns showed the last two weeks that they can put up big numbers as they have scored 86 points the last two weeks and that 4th quarter vs Cal should give that offense confidence moving forward. Oklahoma state has good defensive numbers but have played a good offense just yet. This one has the makings an old fashioned Texas shootout.

Play Oklahoma State/ Texas Over 60

Navy vs Connecticut

Bob Diaco does know how to slow down the option, with hs days at Notre Dame and I feel he will find a way to do it here. A couple of weeks ago he the Huskies allowed Army just 180 yards on the ground and last week vs an SEC offense that allowed just 9 points and 27o yards in the game. This is a tough defensive squad tyat will find away to slow down the Navy ground attack, while their own offense wakes up vs a Navy defense that has allowed 365 ypg so far, including 405 last week to East Carolina. Navy has a big game vs Rival Air Force on deck and this may very well be a flat spot for them. The Huskies will find a way to keep this one close and maybe even win the game outright.

Play Connecticut -7 over Navy

USC vs Arizona State

I will look at the Trojans to get a measure of revenge here and getting them off a tough home loss will help matters here even more. Two years ago the Trojans lost to ASU on this field by a score of 62-41 and last year ASU beat them at USC by a score of 38-34. ASU won that game on a last second hail mary. USC is a legitimate contender in the PAC-12 and While ASU was also considered one, they just haven't played all that well so far. They struggled on defense vs Texas A&M in their opener and will have some of the same issues vs the USC squad that has put up 557 ypg of total offense so far. The Trojans struggled on defense last week and that can only get them more fired up for this one. This a sweet revenge spot for a Trojan team that is far better than they showed last week and will prove it with a nice DD win here.

Play USC -5.5 over Arizona State

GLA
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

good luck dave

Comment

Good luck, David!

Comment

Thanks Moondog and Udog. GL to you both today.

That UConn game should say Connecticut +7 over Navy
        Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Comment

Working...
        X