College Football Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Saturday

Took an 0-2 last night in Bases. Hopefully today will be better in CFB. 5 Plays in all today

Temple Owls vs Massachusetts Minutemen

This is a clear flat spot for a Temple team that comes in off a monumental win vs Penn state in the opening week and then last week they went in to Cincinnati to upset the Bearcats as 6 point road dogs. How can they possibly get up for this game vs lowly Massachusetts in a stadium that will be nearly empty? I can’t see them getting too excited about this game. On troubling thing for the Owls is that yes they are 2-0 on the year, but they still come into this game 120th in the nation in total offense and 68 th in total defense. The Owls have been outgained by 124 yards over all in the two games, including being outgained by 261 yards in the win over Cincinnati last week. Now Umass is not a great team, but they do have 19 starters back from last year and will be a much more competitive team this year. Their offense should be very strong and will put up enough points on the board to get the cover here vs what should be a flat Temple team.

Play UMass +13.5 over Temple

SMU Mustangs vs TCU Horned Frogs

This one should be lopsided, but it will also be a very high scoring game. The SMU Mustangs have an offense that will be very good this year. Last year they put up just 11 ppg, but with 9 starters back, including QB Matt Davis, they should be much more proficient on offense. The Mustangs have already scored 52 points through 2 games, while last year they didn’t hit the 52 point mark until game 8. They scored 21 points against Baylor in game one, but they also gave up 56 points and that may happen to them again in this one. The TCU offense struggled in their opener to score vs Minnesota, but make no mistake that this is a very powerful offensive team that is led Trevone Boykin, who is the Heisman front runner. Knowing that Baylor put up 56 on this offense you can bet that TCU will look to top it. SMU will get at least 17 points here, while I see at least 58 from TCU. This one will keep the scoreboard operator busy.

Play TCU/ SMU Over 66.5

Northwestern Wildcats vs Duke Blue Devils

The Northwestern Wildcats are a very underrated team this year and I feel this is a good spot for them to take one on the road vs a Duke team that may have an eye to next week’s ACC opener vs Georgia Tech. The Blue Devils have gone just 1-10 SU in their last 11 at home vs power 5 conference teams, while Northwestern has won 8 of their last 11 SU vs non-conference opponents, plus we note that Northwestern has won their last 5 games played here vs Duke. The Blue Devils have looked good in their first two games, but now they really step up in competition. Northwestern’s defense has looked very good in the early going and I ate them as having a big edge on that side of the ball. That is where the Cats will win this one. Look for this to be a tight game throughout, with the Wildcats making just enough plays to win the game outright for the 6 th straight time in Durham.

Play Northwestern +4 over Duke

Two More Games To Play:

Miami -3 over Nebraska

California/ Texas Under 58

GLA
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

Good luck, David! Thanks!

Comment

GL David...

Comment