Monday Night Football Double Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football Double Play

I went 2-1 in the NFL yesterday. Looking for more tonight. Every Monday night should have two games.

Philadelphia Eagles vs Atlanta Falcons

The Eagles last year had a 10-6 record, but that still wasn't enough to get them in to the playoffs. This year it should be a different story. The Eagles looked very sharp in the preseason, especially their first team offense, which will now be run by Sam Bradford. This is the perfect offense form Bradford to run as he ran a no huddle attack at Oklahoma and is more comfortable in the offense. He should really do fine and having the newly acquired Demarco Murray toting the ball for him and a plethora of weapons as the the WR position I expect him to put up some big numbers this year. The biggest improvement for the team may be an upgraded defense that looked pretty good in the preseason. This is a much more complete team than they were a year ago.

The Atlanta Falcons had a very rough season a year ago and it led to the firing of HC Mike Smith. The The Falcons then went out and grabbed former Seattle DC Dan Quinn as their head coach. It was a very good hire for this team which really was lacking on the defensive side of the ball. Quinn made the Seahawks defense into one of the best units in the league the last couple years and he looks to do the same here. They will be improved, but it won't happen overnight as he really needs a draft or two to get his players in here. The offense has no such issues and should be explosive again this year as Matt Ryan will through to a bevy of WRs that have big play potential. This should be a fun team to watch this year.

Gotta figure this one will be very high scoring as both have powerful offenses that run a hurry up style and will be taking on a couple of suspect defenses. The Falcons defense is improved this year, but still it was the worst in the league and I just don't see it improved enough in the first game of the season vs a team that scored 36 or more in their first 3 preseason games this year. In the dress rehearsal game vs a solid Packers defense the Eagles put up 36 points and that was on the road on a slow grass track. Now they are indoors on a very fast track. The Eagles should have a field day vs this defense.

The Eagle defense is improved, but still this will never be a team that allows 20 ppg or less as they style of play on offense won't allow it. The Eagles are all about outscoring their opponents and a very good Atlanta offense will oblige them. Matty Ice to a solid corps of WRs id a very good combination, especially vs a rather average defense. I love taking Overs and this one should be rather easy..

Play Philadelphia/ Atlanta Over 54.5

Minnesota Vikings vs San Francisco 49ers

The Vikings are a team to watch very closely this year as hey have a real chance at making it to the playoffs. First is he fact that Bridgewater looked good last year and now has tyhat year of experience, which should make him better this year and in the Preseason he did look good with the first team offense. The Vikings have also added speedy WR Mike Wallace to their arsenal and will have Adrian Petersen back in the lineup as well. This has the makings of a good offense. More impressive in the preseason was their defense, which played very well and looks like it could be one of the better units in the league. That's understandable considering Mike Zimmer is a former DC for the Bengals. He has this team point in the right direction and this year they will contend for a playoff spot, while next year they should contend for it all.

The San Francisco 49ers had a rough season last year and the offseason seemed to be a rough one as well. Head coach Jim Harbaugh bolted for Michigan, and they have had players and front office defections as well. This is a team in flux. New HC Jim Tomsula has been charged with righting the ship, but it will not be easy. For year this offense has been run on the legs of Frank Gore, but he is now in Indianapolis. That Means that Colin Kaepernick will be asked to do more and that is not is game. He is not a good pocket passer. The offense will struggle this year, but the defense should actually be pretty good, even though they lost some key personnel from last year, including MacDonald, Willis and and Cox. They did bring in Shareece Wright (CB and Darnell Dockett (DT), plus used their first 3 picks in the draft on defensive personnel. This could be a good defense this year.

Yes I will go with the Vikings here. I like this team this year. Mike Zimmer has don a good job turning the team around and this is the year you should really start to see the fruits of that labor. Teddy Bridgewater will be a very good NFL QB and adding deep threat Mike Wallace will really benefit his growth. The other thing that will help him will be the return of Petersen at RB. Having a RB the caliber of Petersen is huge for the growth of young QB. Th Vikings also have a very good defense this year, which means hat Bridgewater doesn't have to be afraid of throwing the ball away and punting. The Giants are a mess this year and while their defense looks to be good I just don't see there offense putting up enough points to get many wins this year. Minnesota is clearly the more stable team and their is a lot of excitement surrounding them this year. They have the better QB, RB and defense in this game and should win this one by at least a TD.

Play Minnesota -1.5 over San Francisco

GLA
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

I like the Over too,good luck Dave

Comment

Best of luck Dave!

Comment

Thanks, Dave! Good luck!

Comment

GL Dave!

Comment

Thanks much all. GL to you to all tonight