Thursday Night NFL Total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night NFL Total

New Poster here. Time for some NFL. Looking to start off on the right foot.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots

The Steelers are the reigning AFC North Champs and they just may be in line to repeat this year, but they have some holes, especially on defense and at DC, where Dick Lebeau has moved on. That may be the biggest lost for this defense. Maybe not but it is pretty big, especially with a defense that is aging and will no long have Troy P. roaming the field after he retired. During the preseason the Pittsburgh defense looked pretty solid, but playing against many backups will do that. The offense for Pittsburgh is again led by Big Ben and he has plenty of weapons to throw to, including Antonio Brown, who just may be the best WR in the game, especially now that Nelson has been lost for year for Green Bay. They will have to rely on their passing game till Le'Veon Bell comes back from suspension as the Steelers totaled just 57 ypg on the ground in the preseason. The have little depth at that position and need bell back.

The Patriots are now breathing a sigh of relief after learning this week that Brady will not have to serve any of the suspension that was handed down to him by Roger Goodell. He didn't look great in the preseason, but I would expect that he will come out with fire in his eyes and this is now one pissed off Brady, after the summer of turmoil. Brady doesn't have all the weapons that he had in the past, but he still has Edelman and a healthy Gronkowski, plus Amendola is improving. The running game may take a step back after Vereen and Ridley both departed, but still Legarrette Blount should step in and have a nice season, especially running behind a very good OL. The defense for this team lost some depth in the offseason and it showed in the preseason as they allowed 369.3 ypg overall, including 278.8 ypg through the air. Browner and Revis will be missed in this secondary, while big run-stuffing DT Vince Wilfork will also be missed.

Where am I going with this game? That's right I will be look at the Over here. Both of these offenses will put plenty of points on the board this year, while the defenses will be suspect, especially in the secondary as both teams have proven in the Preseason. Teams will be able to throw on these two squads and that is what I expect here as both teams have very dangerous aerial attacks. This one should be fun and even though money has come in on the Under here I look for a flatout shootout in this one.

Play Pittsburgh/ New England Over 51.5 in the season opener.

GLA this season.
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Welcome to the Forum! Nice Write Up and Good Luck David!

Comment

Thanks bettors Chat. Appreciate it. You have a nice forum here.

Comment

GL! I like the play too. Welcome!

Comment

gl pal

Comment

Thanks Flashy and Sir. GL to you both.

Comment

That one was a loser

Comment