How Will Deflategate Effect the Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will Deflategate Effect the Patriots

I keep going back and forth on this game. Either deflategate is going to pump the Patriots up to a degree that they are going to blow the Seahawks off the field or it has put so much pressure on the team that they will fall on their face. Right now I am leaning towards the Pats. What does everyone else think?

I was thinking the same thing. My gut tells me they will be pissed and want to show that deflated footballs had nothing to do with beating the crap out of the Colts. I see it as motivation. But I don't like that the public seems to be hitting the Pats pretty hard. 73% as of right now....Line is creeping up at most places.
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

I don't think anyone can blow the Seahawks off any field. The Hawks are too good on both sides of the football IMO for the Pats.

I do think the Pats will be highly motivated, but I don't think that is going to help them against this opponent.

I see a 27-17 Seahawks win.
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

it does not matter about what happen in colts game because its Pats vs Hawks in SB period

healthy Hawks D would smoother Pats offense but I think it will be close still

Comment

The Steelers crushed both the Colts and Balt. But when they lost Bell, it hurt them with no running game against Balt in the playoffs. Pgh also had one of the worst defenses this year in the league. Seattle isn't Colts or Bat, they are a lot better, with a GREAT defense.
          Wouldn't be surprised if NE gets blowed out like last years game.
          GB dominated NE earlier this yr. and ended up winning 26-21. The last 4 Super Bowls NE played were all really close. I like the SeaHawks by a 3-7 point win.

Comment

One of the reasons I would take the Seahawks is look for Russell Wilson to have a bounce back game.Usually when a good QB has a historically bad game like Wilson had against GB they usually bounce back in a big way.

Comment

Anyone know that Wilson just filed for divorce?
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                Anyone know that Wilson just filed for divorce?
                I'm guessing he can pull in better ass than this....

[email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Teams in playoffs scoring 40 or more points are 3-28 ATS in their next playoff game.........play against the Patriots
                  In the last 5 Super Bowls in Pats were in the under dog is 5-0

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckLazar View Post
                    Teams in playoffs scoring 40 or more points are 3-28 ATS in their next playoff game.........play against the Patriots
                    In the last 5 Super Bowls in Pats were in the under dog is 5-0
                    Game may go off as a pick.
                    If that's the case, none of those trends factor in.

Interesting stat on the teams scoring 40 + and their next game
                    Last edited by jcindaville; 01-27-2015, 10:39 PM.
                    [email protected]

Comment

The only factor that I am considering is the Jekyll and hyde scenario. Ill lay it out here.
                      1. When a team really underperforms badly and play a team that really over performed big time. Ill take the team that underperformed every time.
                      2. That hype mentioned in #1, The line opened up at Seattle -3 and instantly bet down cause of that. Ill take the value in Seahawks.
                      3. Playing in Arizona is close to a home game. They play there every year.
                      SEATTLE SEATTLE SEATTLE.
                      SEASON RECORDS AS OF 1/24/16

NFL
                      LW 2-0 +3
                      SEAS 64-40-3 +23.05

NBA
                      LW 1-2 -2.3
                      SEAS 17-16 +6.4

NHL
                      LW 8-3 +5.85
                      SEAS 20-14 +0.35

NCAAB