1/04/15 Stuart Scotts family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/04/15 Stuart Scotts family

Just sitting here watching the story on the battle Stuart Scott fought tooth and nail fighting cancer and was just so moved on his speech he gave when he wanted his daughter to come give him a hug because he needed it. My father alway told me I am not scared of dying I am just scared of leaving my children. The pain that he felt leaving his children was like no other he felt while battling cancer. My heart goes out to his family and I am truely sorry for your lose and I will truely miss him as well.

Well said Money. A truly sad and courageous fight that he fought. The disease knows no boundaries on who it inflicts. Scott had his own style and just went with it. This hit me hard today as well. My father died of cancer a few years back and I'll never forget how quickly it took him down. I thought he was invincible. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him......
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
      Well said Money. A truly sad and courageous fight that he fought. The disease knows no boundaries on who it inflicts. Scott had his own style and just went with it. This hit me hard today as well. My father died of cancer a few years back and I'll never forget how quickly it took him down. I thought he was invincible. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him......
      Thanks for response. I am sorry about your lose, I lost my mother to cancer as well and I think about it all the time as well. Your right Scott had is on style and he will be missed.

Comment

Well said Money.

Cancer is a bitch. Lost my uncle, one of my best friends just a few months ago.

Comment

Makes me honestly want to cry reading that.
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

RIP Stuart. You were indeed, "cool as the other side of the pillow".

My wife's now a 22-year cancer survivor.

Stuart had pancreatic cancer, though. People don't usually survive that variety for more than a year. Stuart battled though.

Comment

Originally posted by IMALLABOUTMONEY View Post
              My father alway told me I am not scared of dying I am just scared of leaving my children. The pain that he felt leaving his children was like no other he felt while battling cancer.
              One of my wife's main concerns when she was first diagnosed with cancer was whether she would live long enough to see our children grown. She did and then some. Good thing, too. I did enough to screw up my sons even with her. God only knows what I would have done if left to my own devices.

Comment

I was wondering what cancer he had, I looked and all they talked about was his having his appendix out and they found cancer, didn't see anything about pancreatic cancer. But that makes sense. That one is pretty much a death sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                  I was wondering what cancer he had, I looked and all they talked about was his having his appendix out and they found cancer, didn't see anything about pancreatic cancer. But that makes sense. That one is pretty much a death sentence.
                  I was just going by what my wife was talking about this morning. Not sure pancreatic cancer is what it was now that I look into it. I can't find it either, Club. He was first diagnosed 4 years ago and then the cancer recurred so it probably wasn't pancreatic, unless the cancer metastasized to the pancreas. Doubt his primary tumor was pancreatic if he lived 4 years past his initial diagnosis.

Comment

shit sucks for his fam....my woman is havin 7th surgery in 2 yrs this wed its just cosmetic type surgery from her breast cancer she was diagnosed 2 yrs ago exactly...she is cancer free now but its no joke chemo, surgery, radiation and only in mid 30s....plus few months after she started the process i had small tumor on kidney that was cancerous but just surgery took care of mine....until u or someone close has cancer u cant imagine what all is involved not only all those procedures but my woman was in hospital for entire wk 2 times from bein so sick from chemo and for a woman to lose her hair lot more tramatic than a guy but hey got thru it all... it can be done just have hope for best be tough hopefully have family support and like jimmy v. said "never give up"
                    Last edited by live jive; 01-05-2015, 12:46 PM.
                    edification will take place pull up the reins and get outta the race.

Comment

Originally posted by live jive View Post
                      shit sucks for his fam....my woman is havin 7th surgery in 2 yrs this wed its just cosmetic type surgery from her breast cancer she was diagnosed 2 yrs ago exactly...she is cancer free now but its no joke chemo, surgery, radiation and only in mid 30s....plus few months after she started the process i had small tumor on kidney that was cancerous but just surgery took care of mine....until u or someone close has cancer u cant imagine what all is involved not only all those procedures but my woman was in hospital for entire wk 2 times from bein so sick from chemo and for a woman to lose her hair lot more tramatic than a guy but hey got thru it all... it can be done just have hope for best be tough hopefully have family support and like jimmy v. said "never give up"
                      No doubt Live Jive. Sounds like things are on the right track with you both thankfully. We'll be keeping good thoughts for you two. Thanks for sharing buddy!
                      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

When Scott gave that speech and he called his daughter up to the stage, I did cry. Yesterday was my daughters 29th birthday and I saw the speech and I honestly cried.
                        All you guys who lost loved ones to cancer, I can relate. My Mom died of brain cancer and watching her die was heart breaking. I was always the one who could "fix" everything and there was nothing I could do except watch her go, and she died in my apartment because she didn't want to die in the hospital.
                        Garth, Livejive, you and your families will be in my prayers.

RIP Stuart Scott
                        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

He fought 7 long years and lived his life to the fullest. How many people would have checked out but he fought and went to work almost everyday.

Like many of you, I lost a close family member in my father in 2004....He taught me a lot not only about sports but life in general. Hard to believe it has been 10 years as I can still see him lying in the hospital bed.

Treatments and success stories are greater now than they were 10 years ago but we need to get to 100% survivor rates. We need a cure for this!

God bless everyone because I'm sure all of us at some point were effected by cancer.
                          Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Working...
                          X