Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday's Trends and Indexes - 8/27 (MLB, WNBA, CFL, Misc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLB

Wednesday, August 27

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MLB Mid-week betting cheat sheet: Kershaw a trend buster
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a comprehensive look at betting notes for the mid-week major-league games:

Low Balling

The under proved to be a strong play in Tuesday’s action, going 4-10-1 on a night buoyed by shutouts from the Chicago Cubs (+158), San Francisco Giants (-235) and Seattle Mariners (-203). More than 55 percent of games have gone under in the past seven days.

Kershaw a Trend Buster

Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw looks to continue bucking his team’s recent trend as he leads visiting Los Angeles (-218, 7) into Arizona Wednesday. The Dodgers are 0-3 over/under in Kershaw’s last three starts, but are 9-3 O/U in all other games during that stretch.

Marquee Matchup

AL West powers meet Thursday night as the Los Angeles Angels open a four-game series with the Oakland Athletics. Oakland has an 8-4 straight up advantage in the head-to-head series so far in 2014, with the teams combining to go 7-4-1 O/U in that span.
    Pitching Notes

* New York Mets righty Zach Wheeler has been as dependable as they come heading into Wednesday’s encounter with the visiting Atlanta Braves (-122, 6.5). Wheeler has has allowed two runs or fewer in nine of his last 10 starts, while going at least six innings all but once in that span.

* New York Yankees right-hander Hiroki Kuroda is on an under roll as he prepares to face the host Detroit Tigers on Thursday night. Kuroda is 0-5 O/U in his last five starts, though the Yankees are just 2-3 over that span - including two losses as favorites.
    Hitting Notes

* Watch out for New York Yankees outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, who is batting .444 with three homers, seven RBIs and three stolen bases over his last seven days. Ellsbury will likely take his regular spot at the top of the lineup for Wednesday's game versus the Tigers (-173, 7.5)

* Baltimore outfielder Adam Jones will look to exploit a favorable matchup Thursday as the Orioles face the Tampa Bay Rays. Jones is batting .333 with four homers in 42 career at-bats against Rays starter Jeremy Hellickson.

Totals Streak

Houston Astros (1-6 O/U): The Astros have seen their share of solid pitching performances during a 3-4 stretch, allowing just five combined runs in the wins while scoring a paltry five runs in the losses. Houston is 63-67-3 O/U for the season entering Wednesday's game against visiting Oakland (-160, 8.5).

Prop of the Day

Feeling brave? Take a shot on the host Diamondbacks defeating Kershaw and the Dodgers by more than two runs, a prop that pays a whopping +800. Kershaw's worst start of the season came at Chase Field back on May 17, when he allowed seven runs in just 1 2/3 innings.

Injury Notes

* New York Mets third baseman David Wright told reporters Tuesday his shoulder isn't 100 percent, a development that has contributed to his recent slump at the plate. Wright has missed nine games this season, with the Mets going 3-6 SU, 4-5 O/U and -172 units in those contests.

* Rockies left-hander Jorge De La Rosa left Tuesday's start against the San Francisco Giants with a left thumb contusion, and is questionable to make his next start. Colorado went on to lose the game 3-0, dropping to 0-5 SU in De La Rosa's last five road starts.

Weather Watch

* Wind at PNC Park will blow out to center field at 7 mph for Wednesday's game between the host Pittsburgh Pirates (+112, 7.5) and the St. Louis Cardinals. Teams averaged 1.58 home runs under similar conditions in 2013 - well above stadium averages - but batted just .229.

Umpire Note of the Day

Seattle is just 1-11 in its last 12 games with umpire Tim Timmons behind home plate. Timmons will call the balls and strikes Wednesday when the Mariners (-170, 7.5) entertain the Texas Rangers.

Comment

I've got a lot going on job-wise today, guys. Sorry I didn't get to these earlier!

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
      thanks U Dog.....

looking forward to your picks in the KRUISE this year
      I'll be there Kaptain!

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
      Thanks Udog
      You're welcome jc! Hope you find something that helps a bit!

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
      Thanks for all you do Udog. Will we be seeing your plays this football season?
      I'll be playing in the Kruise for sure, kaz.

Baseball's really my sport although you sure couldn't tell during the first half of this season!

Originally posted by RS170 View Post
      Hey Udog--Josh Gordon suspended for a year-- just blows my mind--how can these people be so stupid!!!! Do they really think this is the best way to help him recuperate? Why would anyone want to play in a league that don't care what happens to their players? I'm really ticked...!@^%
      If it was his first offense, they would probably have been a little easier. After this suspension, he'll have to apply for reinstatement and, when granted, that will probably be his last chance. I guess they figure he's responsible for his own health and well-being. It's just hard to say without being there when the committee was talking it over. It's a crying shame for the Browns and their backers.

Comment

Originally posted by RS170 View Post
        Hey Udog--Josh Gordon suspended for a year-- just blows my mind--how can these people be so stupid!!!! Do they really think this is the best way to help him recuperate? Why would anyone want to play in a league that don't care what happens to their players? I'm really ticked...!@^%
        RS,

I was just looking around for the league's official statement to see if it listed their reasons for upholding the ban. I haven't found it yet but I did read this:

"Gordon's year-long ban comes after he previously served a two-game suspension at the beginning of the 2013 season. He blamed that positive drug test on Codeine, a ************ cough syrup.

Gordon and his representatives spent two days, a Friday and a Monday, arguing his case before NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson. Gordon's team claimed the receiver's positive marijuana test was a result of second-hand smoke.

Gordon, who had multiple positive drug tests while in college at Baylor and Utah, was also arrested on a drunken driving charge in North Carolina in July."

I would say this is definitely his last chance. This guy is trouble. He never learns. He and his lawyers seem to think the league is stupid enough to buy any excuse they can come up with. The league probably figured this is the only way to get his attention.

I'll keep looking for an official NFL statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Udog View Post
          I'll be playing in the Kruise for sure, kaz.

Baseball's really my sport although you sure couldn't tell during the first half of this season!
          Ok bro. Love seeing your plays, win, lose or draw!
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Working...
          X