World Cup Day #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Day #9

Well yesterday didn't go as planned as I got totally shut out....guess that was coming, anyway apologies to anyone that followed that disaster.

12:00 p.m.
    Costa Rica v. Italy
    ***Italy ml (-178)

No, this big number doesn't scare me and I'm taking it. I think Costa Rica put everything they had out there to beat Uruguay and I feel as though they played above themselves. Further, we are starting to see what it takes to be champion in this tournament. You need a clinical finisher up front as evidenced yesterday. Suarez was the difference over England and at the same time Japan created a thousand chances but couldn't break down the Greeks with a man advantage due to their lack of a finisher. Second, a midfield general, someone that can control the game and the possession while winning the ball back on defense. And normally I'd say a very solid back line but it seems that in this free flowing tournament chances are going to be abundant so here it is a solid goalie play. Italy is one of the teams that has these pieces. Balotelli is a world class finisher and Costa Rica has no answer for this. Next, Italy has not one but two midfield generals in Pirlo and De Rossi and Sirigu or Buffon in net is better than most teams. I think Italy can go deep in this tournament and they are all business in these major tournaments. Italy all day here.

3:00 p.m.
    Swiss v. France
    **Switzerland +.5 (+100); *Draw (+261)

Both of these teams were impressive winning their opening matches albeit by very different means. The Swiss pulled out a win right at the buzzer while France took advantage of Honduras' red card and won easily 3-0. I think this should be a good, tight game with both of these teams wanting to get at least a point and secure their place in the next round. I could definitely see these teams playing to a draw. Swiss and a small draw play for me here.

6:00 p.m.
    Honduras v. Ecaudor
    **Ecuador ml (-154)

For me it is Ecuador here. They looked solid against the Swiss and I thought they should have won that game. Right before the Swiss scored, Ecuador missed a brilliant chance right in front of the goal and from their they got countered and conceded the winning goal. Ecuador displayed the skill and exciting attacking style that we thought they would, but just lacked that final touch in front of goal. Honduras is a much weaker team defensively than the Swiss and I look for Ecuador to take their chances better here knowing that they need a win or they are going home. Up and down fast paced game and I think I'll take the over for a small play as well.

Good luck today fellas, again sorry for yesterday's disaster. No excuses and on to today. This crazy game can be a crap shoot sometimes, but it is damn exciting to watch.

Forza Italia!

Comment

I just realized that I never explained units or ratings of my plays when I started this thread. It is probably obvious but in case any of you were curious; *=1 unit; 1 unit for me=50. So a *** play is 3 units or 150. Good luck guys.

Comment

Ecuador over is 2.5 (-120)

*Ecuador/Hon O2.5 (-120)

Comment

Good luck blaze!

Comment

Hope you're right on Italy!
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

Fuck

Laid 220 and Italy looks retarded
              [email protected]

Comment

I guess Italy doesn't care if they advance today and will take their chances with Uruguay. What a damn disappointment they are. How you come out and decide to sit back and let a pathetic team possess the ball in your own half is beyond me. I also have no idea why they aren't attacking with more than Balotelli...it is games like this that make me wonder about soccer. Italy is better at just about every position but yet they are going to allow Costa Rica to dictate play? I hope there is some magic in the second half or this is going to be a punch to the gut to start the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                  Fuck

Laid 220 and Italy looks retarded
                  Yea they're done

Comment

Hell of a punch to the gut, and a punch to the nads too!
                    [email protected]

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like Italy is playing like they have the lead?
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                        Is it just me or does it look like Italy is playing like they have the lead?
                        I thought so all game JC...man this sucks, sorry man.

I really don't even know wtf I just watched. My guess is Italy will lose to Uruguay also and not advance.

Comment

Just a brutal game.

Oh well, not your fault.

Good luck on the rest, I'm done with this sport.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Jesus, France??

Comment

Working...
                            X