World Cup Day #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Day #7

Apologies to anyone that followed yesterday, not a good and I thought there was a chance to save some face on the Korea ml but they couldn't hold on. Anyway, plugging along and moving on to day #7.

12:00 p.m.
    Holland v. Australia
    ***Holland -1.5 (-125)

After watching the first round of games, this is simply a huge mismatch. Holland put on a clinical performance against Spain and Australia, despite a game effort, ran out of gas and ultimately lost by 2 goals to Chile. Holland is a step up in class from Chile and unless they are overlooking this game, this should be an easy run in the park for the far superior Dutch.

Good luck blaze!

Comment

3:00 p.m.
      Chile v. Spain
      ***Chile +1 (-120); *Chile ml (+516)

Before the Cup started I thought this would be a close game and probably gave Spain the nod, but after seeing theses teams opening performances, I'm changing course and I think it is Chile that gets the slight nod here instead. Spain looked very vulnerable against Holland and I think Chile are good enough attacking to do the same. This will certainly be a must win for the Spanish and we could the see the end of an era as they have won the last three major tournaments. This should be an exciting up and down match and I think Chile as enough to knock the champs out. Small ml play for me also.

6:00 p.m.
      Croatia v. Cameroon
      ****Croatia ml (-139)

I really thought that Croatia outplayed Brazil in the opening match and got a tough break in that penalty kick and a few other calls. They are now in must win mode and have to come out here and get three points. I don't think this should be an issue and if they can maintain their shape and not get burned by the speed of Cameroon, they should be able to handle the Africans here. Mexico had two good goals disallowed against Cameroon or that game would have had a much more lopsided score line. Croatia simply has too much and doesn't want to go home yet. Also, Mexico and Brazil both have 4 points already so Croatia must get a result here or their Cup is over.

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I think this is the first day we agree across the board.

Comment

The Dutch go up 1 and Australia scores a minute later to tie it. Fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            The Dutch go up 1 and Australia scores a minute later to tie it. Fuck!
            ahhhhh, what a frustrating game!!! While that didn't go as planned, the Dutch had every chance in the world to cover including that Lens miss in added time. Another questionable penalty by the official and the bounce didn't go the right way....time to get back on track.

Comment

Nice call

Your Plus plays are Golden so far!

THX, common Croatia
              No Regretzky's!

Comment

Good job my man!Ive never watched soccer until last Thursday,but its pretty damn exciting.Keep them winners coming!

Comment

Nice job bro!

Comment

Working...
                  X