World Cup Day #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Day #6

What a day for American soccer!!! I'm definitely paying for partying a little too hard during the game last night, but what an awesome atmosphere watching in a soccer bar hosting a USA watch party. When Ghana tied the game, the three guys in the bar rooting for Ghana mad the mistake of screaming and yelling and were literally pelted with beers from every angle of the bar, hysterical!!! And great to see so much American pride!

12:00 p.m.
    Belgium v. Algeria
    ****Belgium -1.5 (+105)

Many people have talked about Belgium has a dark horse to win this World Cup and you can count me as one of those. This team is absolutely loaded at every position. If you tune into this game you will surely recognize Belgium players as top players from top clubs around Europe...Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Kompany, Courtois/Mingolet in net, Fellani, Mertens, Dembele and on and on, these guys simply have game and a lot of it. They are complete from top to bottom and attack with skill and precision while maintaining defensive organization and discipline at the back, led by Vincent Kompany, who in my opinion is one of the top 3 center backs in the World. The only knock on Belgium is their relative lack of experience on the International stage and this has led to some pundits calling 2018 Belgium's year to win it all. However, I believe if they are fit and can handle the climate, Belgium has a real shot here. They should advance out of their group with relative ease and from there who knows, why not them. I don't know much about Algeria but they are going to have their hands full here even if they sit back and pack it in as planned. Belgium is just too good for them and I think they take this game by 2+. I'm looking for a big Belgium win to get their World Cup campaign started.

3:00 p.m.
    Brazil v. Mexico
    ***Brazil -1.25 (-125); **Over total 2.75 (-110)

These are the first teams to play their second game of the World Cup and I think we are for an exciting game here. This will be one game to watch for sure. These two teams both play fun, open attacking soccer and both possess vulnerable defensives as we saw in each of their first two games. I kind of thought that Mexico had a chance here, but once they started talking trash in the media, that went out the window for me. I'm looking for Brazil to play inspisred here and really show what they are made of and capable of when truly dialed in. I also think Mexico will have their chances and hit the net themselves. I see a high scoring affair here with these teams going at each other from the jump. I see a 4-2, 5-2 type of game and as such I'll roll with the host nation and the over.

6:00 p.m.
    Korea Republic v. Russia
    **Korea +0.5 (+110); *Korea ML (+394)

Unlike the first two games today, you will hardly recognize any of these guys on the field as most of these players play in their home domestic leagues or nearby (Russia, Korea, China, etc.). Russia is a team that seems to be going backward lately and really don't have much of a chance of making noise in Brazil. Korea is probably not as strong as they normally are and any hope of a repeat performance of 2002 when they went to the Semi-finals is highly unlikely here this time around. I think Korea will be much more fit and adept at handling the climate and I think Russia will play a rather sluggish game. I really don't have too much of a feel for how these teams are going to line up today, but I think the wrong team is favored here and I'll try my luck in cashing that big price dog.

Good luck on day 6 of the greatest sporting event in the world.

JBlaze

Algeria's plan of packing it in is somehow working. Also, now that they scored it is going to be very difficult to break them down, espcially three times.

Comment

Working...
    X