World Cup Day #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Day #5

Hope everyone is feeling good and excited for the USA to finally kick off tonight. After a sluggish start to my World Cup, really bounced back nicely over the weekend and if not for that late winner by the Swiss it would have been a perfect weekend. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck I hit a parlay with costa rica ml in it (sorry I didn't post this, thought it was a shot in the dark), but anyway I'm very much looking forward to today's games, well the first and the last game that is, Iran and Nigeria isn't too appealing to me.

12:00 p.m.
    Portugal v. Germany
    **Portugal +0.5 (-120); *Draw +262

What a match up this is....all of the World will be tuned in to this one as you see the perennial power Germany go up against Christiano Ronaldo and his high flying buddies from Portugal. There is so much intrigue to this game and the field will be dotted with World Class players all over and great individual battles. This is a match up of two top 5 teams in the world and I think this will be a great game. Germany also plays well and is super prepared for major tournaments and rarely disappoint on the international stage. On the other hand, Ronaldo is a once in generation player like Messi and can produce something special at any moment and create something out of nothing, but Portugal is more than a one man team and this shapes up for a great opening round game. We haven't had a tie yet in this World Cup and I think we see that change here today. I"m going to take Portugal and small play on the draw, which would cash both.

3:00 p.m.
    Iran v. Nigeria
    *Iran +0.5 (+100)

I'll be very honest, I do not know much about Iran at all, but have seen them play a few times and they are not nearly as bad a side as perception would have you believe. Nigeria are the reigning African champions and certainly are going to possess more speed, talent and skill than the Iranians. But the Iranians will have more discipline, a higher work rate and I think if they can withstand some opening punches from Nigeria and maintain their defensive shape and not get exposed to quick breaks were Nigeria will have a huge advantage in speed, they have a chance to keep this game close. Again, I'm posting every game of the World Cup and this one simply does not rate high for me, but I'm going to give a slight nod to Iran to keep this close.

6:00 p.m.
    USA v. Ghana
    **USA ML (+211); *USA +0.25 (-120)

I doubt very much that this game needs a write up at this point and I honestly think that any write up I can provide would tend to lead you toward Ghana. However, as much of a homer pick as they may be, I do believe that we will win, as the American Outlaws chant. Why? Simple, Ghana has ended our last two world cups and as we have seen so far in this tournament revenge is counting for something. I think we have prepared well leading up to this moment and to have any chance of escaping this group points are vital in this game and while a draw wouldbe useful, I think the Americans are going to come out with fire in their eyes and push Ghana from the start. I hope that there is a enough pride and fight to overcome Ghana's physical superiority, but I do believe we can pull this game out and will do so.

Good luck on Day 5 of the Copa Mundial.

Good luck man! Nice job this weekend

Comment

riding the draw.

Going with Nigeria, although I'v always been told to ride countries with problems.

Good luck.
      No Regretzky's!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLuch View Post
        Going with Nigeria, although I'v always been told to ride countries with problems.
        Well if that theory is correct then I'm loading up on the USA!!!

Comment

hahah, I just this, classic!

Portugal is done....what bone head move by Pepe, way to not give your team a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
            Well if that theory is correct then I'm loading up on the USA!!!

Comment

Goooooaaaaallllllll!!!! Usa!!!

Comment

Another winning day but more importantly an American winning day!!!

Comment

Working...
                X