World Cup Day #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Day #4

I am going to be treading lightly today as yesterday was a huge day and I really don't love these games today and think they were tough to get feel for.

12:00 p.m.
    Ecuador v. Switzerland
    *Ecuador +0.25 (-125)

Again, I am not in love with this game, but I am interested in seeing how this one plays out. Ecuador is a much better team than they get credit for and possess players to turn a few heads in Brazil. The Swiss are super disciplined and defend well and while they usually don't do anything to excite you, they get results and have quietly climbed the World Rankings. I think the climate factor hurts them here and the pace of Antonio Valencia and his massive performances for his country make the difference. This is a tight one, but slight nod to Ecuador...

3:00 p.m.
    France v. Honduras
    **France +1.5 (+105)

France have been major disappointments in the last few World Cups after hoisting the trophy in 1998. However, I think they are finally starting to get it together again and they are loaded with talent up and down their roster. If Kareem Benzema is dialed in today he should be able to do what he wants when France is on the attack.

France con't...

Honduras does possess some pace and skill and as such will play and open style as they simply do not have the talent defensively to drop back and defend and counter attack. I think this game will have some nice up and down action and I like France to hit the back of the net 3+ times....Honduras may score but don't count on them winning here. Too big of a task vs an in form France.

6:00 p.m.
    Bosnia v. Argentina
    *Bosnia +1.25 (+100)

I'll save the writeup on Argentina and listing their world class players, at this point I'm sure they are well known. Further they have had some recent success against Bosnia in exhibition games even without Messi and that has to worry the Bosnians. But I'm not biting here. I really like the progression that Bosnia has made recently and hard to not like Dzeko up front after what he did in the English premier league. Bosnia is going to be the strongest defensive side but neither is Argentina and while I think Argentina will likely get a win, I don't see it by more than goal and think they'll have trouble shutting out the Bosnians. Argentina will have the ball and will create plenty of chances but a timely strike from the Bosnians and I think this one can stay close....that is if the relative home field advantage, the climate and Mr. Messi don't wreak total havoc on them. Good luck again today guys if you follow.

Comment

France must be -1.5 not +1.5?

Comment

Yes Wayne France is -1.5 typo

Comment

Nice Day yesterday!!!

Thanks for posting & Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X