X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College World Series

Really like Virginia at 3:1
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Good luck buddy! Virginia has a great squad this year.

Comment

It's crazy. Only 1 of the top 8 ranked teams in the country made it to the CWS. I like them too. I also like Louisville or Vandy if the Cavs don't pull it out!

Comment

One of my ballplayers goes to Va Tech and he was telling me how good Virginia was. My other player goes to Texas A&M and he was just telling me how good Vandy is. After tonight's game I'm going to sit down with both of them and finalize my play. The Friday starters for both teams were selected in the 1st round this year. Vandys Saturday and Sunday starters are both sophomores that throw 90's and project as high picks next year. Vandys reliever throws high 80's submarine and 90"s when he goes over the top.

Stay tuned...

Comment

Final plays...

$100 each on Virginia and Vandy, both at 3:1. They are on opposite sides of the bracket and if 1 of them wins, I get $200.

Comment

Sounds pretty solid to me. Good luck buddy!

Comment

Those are my top 2 as well phil. I still think Louisville could be a sleeper and at a pretty good price. May be worth a $25 throw in bet at +800 or better. Here is a little nugget on the Cardinals ....

"We've seen it plenty of times before: A team goes to Omaha one year and loses quickly, then comes back the next year and goes on a run (Oregon State 2005 and 2006). After going two-and-out last season, expect a much more business-like Cardinals team this time around.

Louisville is the 2nd highest ranked team left in the field (9th) behind Virginia (4th)

The Cards are the only team still unbeaten in the NCAA tournament so far, going 5-0 through the first two weekends. Here's a hint: Each of the past three national champions have gone 10-0 through the postseason. Good omen for Louisville."

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                Those are my top 2 as well phil. I still think Louisville could be a sleeper and at a pretty good price. May be worth a $25 throw in bet at +800 or better. Here is a little nugget on the Cardinals ....

"We've seen it plenty of times before: A team goes to Omaha one year and loses quickly, then comes back the next year and goes on a run (Oregon State 2005 and 2006). After going two-and-out last season, expect a much more business-like Cardinals team this time around.

Louisville is the 2nd highest ranked team left in the field (9th) behind Virginia (4th)

The Cards are the only team still unbeaten in the NCAA tournament so far, going 5-0 through the first two weekends. Here's a hint: Each of the past three national champions have gone 10-0 through the postseason. Good omen for Louisville."
                So much for the Cards...Actual odds I got were Virg +345 and Vandy at +400...looking good so far

$50 Texas/Irvine Over 5.5 tonight

Comment

Yeah Virginia and Vandy are still cream of the crop. The Cards were only a $25 suggestion Phil as a longshot. I don't think it would have killed you either way!

Looking good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    Yeah Virginia and Vandy are still cream of the crop. The Cards were only a $25 suggestion Phil as a longshot. I don't think it would have killed you either way!

Looking good so far!
                    $25 is 2 bottles of booze

$100 on TCU -110

Tyler Alexander for TCU was a very good Sunday pitcher this year for a freshman. High school All-American that went 10-3 with a 2.16 ERA this year. Only issues 1 walk per 9 innings, pitches to contact. My A&M kid is very high on him and those stats are very good for a Sunday pitcher. Sam Smith for Ole Miss not so impressive for a Sunday pitcher. Got beat around pretty good last 2 SEC games and does not pitch deep into games. My kid says he will get battered around early and doesn't have good stuff. Going with the kid...

Comment

Love the TCU call. Already on em! Good luck buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr View Post
                        Actual odds I got were Virg +345 and Vandy at +400
                        We have a winner!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X