No announcement yet.

2014 FIFA World Cup Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to do myself. The gambler in me says all or nothing but a little voice says hedge. Fuck it, the gambler wins, Germany certainly isn't as good as they looked against Brazil.

Comment

7/13

(36-43) -34.95

Germany looks like the team to beat IMO. They have looked pretty good throughout this Tournament. Argentina has been very good as well but a little less dominant. The Germans finished 2nd or 3rd in the 2002, 2006 and 2010 World Cups. I think this is their time to win another one. Another factor that really favors Germany here is rest. They had an extra day of rest for this game and they played a pretty stress free match vs Brazil. Argentina on the other hand had to play a tight game that included a whole 30 mins of extra time and penalty kicks. That has to be a big advantage for Germany here.

10* Germany to Win the Cup -180 (3:00 PM)

10* Germany (-1.5) +300 (3:00 PM)

5* Draw at the End of Regulation +240 (3:00 PM)

Comment

You may be right. I think everyone and there brother will be on Germany because they have been the more impressive team. I heard today that 6 times a World Cup final, involving a European team, has been played in North or South America and each time the European team lost. I guess Europe is due but I hope the streak continues. BOL

Comment

You are 99% correct (maybe 100 ) PUBLIC is absolutely crushing GERMANY...I'm gonna ride the BOOK side on this one. GL Wayne. I think you win either way with your early Arg wager to win it all.

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
          You may be right. I think everyone and there brother will be on Germany because they have been the more impressive team. I heard today that 6 times a World Cup final, involving a European team, has been played in North or South America and each time the European team lost. I guess Europe is due but I hope the streak continues. BOL
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

I saw that raven but the last 2 times that happened it was in 1994 (20 years ago) and 1978 (36 years ago). Considering no players are even around from those days I don't think it matters. I think the difference in rest is huge here. You get less rest in the knockout stage than you did through the group stage and Germany getting that extra day in that heat could be the difference. The fact that Argentina had to play almost another 1/2 game too just adds to the tired legs IMO.

Should be a great game either way and just based on post 1 in this thread, there is no doubt I think either can win.

Comment

I knocked 16 units off the deficit today and i'm glad it's all over!

Final tally ...............

(39-44) -18.95

Comment

Working...
              X