Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday's Trends and Indexes - 5/10 (MLB, NBA, NHL, Misc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Trends and Indexes - 5/10 (MLB, NBA, NHL, Misc.)

Trends and Indexes

Saturday, May 10

Good Luck on day #130 of 2014!

At this time, the sports menu in this thread consists of MLB, NBA, and NHL until their seasons are played out. Also, general sports news and notes will be posted.

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

MLB Matchups

MLB Previews

MLB Hot or Not

MLB Umpires

MLB Trends

MLB Weather

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

-- Browns' best WR Josh Gordon is headed for a year's suspension for failing drug tests, putting a damper on Cleveland's draft weekend.

-- San Francisco beat the Dodgers again; they've won seven of last eight games in LA, are now 4.5 games ahead of their highly-paid rivals.

-- Giants 1B Brandon Belt broke his left thumb, is out for a while.

-- Jedd Gyorko homered twice as the Padres beat Miami/Jose Fernandez 10-2.

-- Indiana 85, Washington 63-- Pacers take a 2-1 series lead.

-- David Ortiz broke up a Yu Darvish no-hitter with two out in ninth inning, but the Rangers pounded Boston, 8-0.

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: Random thoughts on a rainy spring day......

13) TV ratings for the first night of the NFL Draft on NFL Network were up 50% from LY, ESPN’s up 48%. People love pro football.

12) As of 1:30 Friday, Cleveland Browns sold 2,000 new season tickets for this season, in the roughly 15 hours; if a season ticket (10 home games, counting couple preseason games) costs $1,000, then 2,000 season tickets is $2M, and that’s before any #2 jerseys are sold. Say they sell 20,000 jerseys, which is conservative at $100 profit per pop, that’s another $2M. Johnny Manziel is already earning whatever they’ll pay him.

11) Saw a hat chart they have at the draft for kids getting picked; Jadeveon Clowney has an 8 3/8 hat size, which is totally huge—none of those old snap-back hats would’ve fit him. Only head I’ve ever heard of that is bigger than is Giants’ manager Bruce Bochy, who apparently has an enormous size 9 head. By way of reference, my hat size is 7 ¾ and that is really big.

10) Nine DBs were taken in the first round this year, two more than ever before. NFL is a passing league, for sure.

9) With Oregon State’s job open, there are currently 11 basketball coaches in the Pac-12; none of the 11 has ever coached in the Final Four; if the Beavers hire Ben Howland, who coached UCLA in three Final Fours, they’d be the only team in the league with a Final Four coach, which would be a recruiting advantage. Howland won at Northern Arizona, so he’ll win with the Beavers, if he gets the job.

8) Russell Baxter points out that over the last 48 years, the Redskins have made only 23 picks in the first round. Not all of that is George Allen’s fault, either.

7) This is the first time since ’96-’97 that the #1 pick in the draft wasn’t a QB two years in a row; those two picks were Keyshawn Johnson/Orlando Pace.

6) NFL invited 30 players to come to the draft, only 21 were chosen Thursday which has to be humbling for the other nine; wonder how many of them brought a second suit?

5) Ryan Anderson (14.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg) transfers from Boston College to Arizona, where he can play in 2015-16. I’m surprised BC had someone Arizona would want.

4) Odd coincidence: Manziel, Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden were all drafted by Cleveland with the 22nd pick in the first round. By three different GMs.

3) Former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel is the new school president at Youngstown State; not the AD, the school president. Think the football team will get all the support it needs?

2) I’m sitting at work Friday and it suddenly dawned on me: two best hitters on my fantasy baseball team (Stanton/Abreu) are both going to be in the Home Run Derby, and Longoria might be in it too, which means three hours of terror for me, as I’ll be worried they’ll pull an oblique muscle trying to hit the ball from Minneapolis to St Paul. There is very little in baseball as fun as watching Stanton crush the ball, but in games, not batting practice.

1) The promoter in Jerry Jones had to be dying to take Manziel with his pick Thursday; he was probably envisioning all the ways they’d make a fortune together. At the end of the day though, Jones knows that winning is the best way to make a bigger fortune, so he wisely went with the offensive lineman. Would’ve been quite a show had he taken Johnny Football, though.

Comment

Harvick claims pole at Kansas

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Kevin Harvick didn't save his best for last during Friday night's knockout qualifying session for Saturday night's 5-Hour Energy 400 Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway.

He didn't have to.

The Stewart-Haas Racing driver posted a lap in the final minute of the final of three rounds of qualifying at 194.252 mph. That was slower than the track-record lap of 194.658 mph in the second round but was plenty good enough to win the Coors Light Pole.

The pole was the second of the season for Harvick. His two poles in 2014 represent 25 percent of the eight poles he has won during a Sprint Cup career that began in 2001.

"It's a miracle that we've won two poles in one season," Harvick joked during his press conference.

Harvick's first pole of the season came three races ago in Darlington. He followed that pole with a victory in the Darlington race.

"Usually, when Friday goes well, it bodes well for the rest of the weekend," said Harvick, who arrived in Kansas in 19th place in points.

Qualifying second fastest, with a lap at 193.910 mph, was Joey Logano of Team Penske.

Logano said his fast laps started well, but "I couldn't hold the speed through turns 3 and 4 to get the pole."

Logano's teammate, Brad Keselowski, was third with a lap at 193.507 mph.

Carl Edwards will start Saturday at the track he considers to be his home turf from the fourth spot. The Missouri native's fast lap was at 193.188 mph.

Fifth was Kyle Larson, the Chip Ganassi Racing rookie, with a lap of 193.050 mph. Rounding out the finishing order in the final in the 12-driver third round were Kurt Busch, Ryan Newman, Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Greg Biffle, Jamie McMurray and Aric Almirola.

In all, the first 10 drivers in the third round beat the track qualifying record. Kansas became the sixth track in 2014 to set qualifying records.

Heading into the final minute of the final session, the Penske cars of Logano and Keselowski were first and second. But as the clock wound down, out came Harvick and the pole was his.

In the first round, Kurt Busch had the fast lap at 193.611 mph. That was a track record, beating the previous mark of 191.864 mph, which belonged to Matt Kenseth and was set in the spring race in 2013.

In the second round, which featured the fastest 24 drivers from the first round, Harvick wasted no time blowing Busch’s fast time from the first round away with the big lap.

With just over 30 seconds to go in the second round, Danica Patrick jumped from outside of the top 20 into 12th and a berth in the final round. She bumped Jeff Gordon in doing so. It gave her a second-straight top-10 starting position as she was seventh last weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.

With 44 cars entered, only one was sent home after qualifying. That car belonged to Dave Blaney. That spoiled his opportunity to race against his son, Ryan, in the younger Blaney’s Sprint Cup debut.

Comment

Notebook: So far, so good with new tires in Kansas

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Two NASCAR Sprint Cup practices are in the books at Kansas Speedway and the tires which Goodyear brought in for Saturday's 5-Hour Energy 400 are getting thumbs up from the competitors.

That's good news for NASCAR, the speedway, Goodyear and competitors after some uneven results last fall at Kansas.

"Whatever they (Goodyear) are doing, is working," Roush Fenway Racing driver Carl Edwards said Friday.

Said Richard Childress Racing driver Ryan Newman: "I think they (Goodyear) have, at least at this point, made a good decision on the tire they brought."

Edwards said he was not sure about the wear of the tires. He just didn't check into it with his team.

But Newman said: "I think our longest run was 10 laps. Based on our tire wear, everything looks really good."

Last fall, many of the problems which surfaced occurred to the right side rubber on the 3,400-pound Cup cars.

Goodyear returned to Kansas with new tires for that side of the cars this weekend. The left-side tires are the same as last fall's.

Also being discussed in the wake of the two practices, which were led by rookie Kyle Larson of Chip Ganassi Racing and three-time series champion Tony Stewart, were the speeds the cars were logging.

Nineteen drivers topped the 190 mph mark in the second practice.

"I will say this, that is the fastest I have ever gone through the corner here," Edwards said. "It is extremely fast."

Newman agreed, saying: "I think it's the fastest we've ever been here; at least it feels like it to me here at this race track."

JOHNSON REVISITS TALLADEGA INCIDENT

Jimmie Johnson must have a very big bucket sitting around somewhere at the Hendrick Motorsports campus in Concord, N.C. Either that or the bucket doesn't have a bottom in it.

Johnson, a six-time Sprint Cup champion who has yet to win a race this season and does not have a Chase berth locked up, was asked several times Friday about the wreck he was involved in with Brad Keselowski a week ago at Talladega.

Was he angry about being wrecked? And by a driver six laps down? And on a day he had a very good car? Would he consider retaliation?

Johnson just shrugged.

"It's plate racing and you just throw it in the plate (racing) bucket and move on," Johnson said.

Does Keselowski, the Team Penske Ford driver whose aggression on a race track is well documented, need a talking to?

Again, Johnson said: "I personally think that what happened in Talladega just falls into that restrictor-plate bucket that we just kind of overlook a lot of things that take place at plate tracks."

With Johnson, who has 66 career Sprint Cup victories, moving to race No. 11 on the 2014 schedule this weekend at Kansas still looking for that first victory, an increasingly familiar question was put to him on Friday: Is he starting to get concerned?

"Until we are not locked in, I mean there is nothing to worry about," Johnson said. "Where we sit in points right now, we are locked in. Of course we want to win; we want to win every race we go to. We have been in the ballpark and have been very close to victory a couple of times and it got away.

"Yes, there have been some poor performances. We are trying to raise that. I don’t think that we are where we want to be as a team right now, but we have had a few looks at wins and I know we will get a few more. We just need to capitalize on that. If not, points still matter. There is a bigger window to make the Chase today than there was last year. Last year was 12, this year it's 16. I don't think there is anything to stress out about yet."

Johnson is a two-time winner at Kansas. His average finishing position at the 1.5-mile oval is 7.5, by far the best among all those who will take the green flag on Saturday night.

BOWYER FEELING HIS AGE, WITH BABY ON THE WAY

Kansas native Clint Bowyer admitted to feeling a bit older this week. No, not because he has developed a need for bifocals, nor because he’s begun getting mail from AARP.

Making the Michael Waltrip Racing driver feel his age were a couple of recent real-world incidents.

First, there was a visit to his old high school in Emporia.

"Last time I left there was in 1998, a free man," Bowyer said. "I went back and it was so fun to talk to the students. It's really probably the hardest thing I've ever done, because I remember when I was a senior in high school and you’re not a kid anymore and you don't want to be talked down to.

"You hear all these people come in and tell you stats and everything and I was that guy, I couldn’t help it. I was like, 'Trust me kids, I know this, I’ve lived it. Don't screw up and listen to us.'"

The message Bowyer had for the high schoolers was a worthy one: Don't text while driving.

Second, was the announcement this week that Bowyer and his wife Lorra are having a baby boy.

And the name? Good question. One for which Bowyer has no answer yet. He knows that it will not be Clint Jr., however.

"No, no Juniors," he said. "Can't have Juniors. I'm really looking forward to it. That's the question, I know everybody you talk to, 'What are you going to name him.'

"I'm scrambling right now. Really, really excited about our boy. Casey (Bowyer, Clint’s brother) brought in nieces and nephews to our family a few years ago. And ever since then Lorra and I are like, 'We got to have one soon.'"

ALLMENDINGER LOBBYING FOR SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE FAN VOTE

AJ Allmendinger, driver of the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Chevrolet, was asked Friday why he thinks fans might vote him into next weekend's Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

With the precise comedic timing of Jerry Seinfeld, Allmendinger shot back: "Because they've got to be tired of voting for Danica (Patrick)."

Voting for Danica Patrick, now in her second full season in Sprint Cup, has seemingly become pro forma among the NASCAR electorate. With Dale Earnhardt Jr. already locked into this year's all-star event, Patrick would seem to be a slam dunk for inclusion.

Allmendinger might not need the fan vote to get into next weekend's race at Charlotte. His team has been looking strong in the late spring this year. He finished fifth last week at Talladega and sixth the race before in Richmond.

What's up with a JTG Daugherty team that has struggled in the past? Credit, he said, being a member of the "Childress Alliance."

"With the RCR alliance, it's been great because Richard (Childress) for our team at least has just opened his doors," Allmendinger said. "I mean giving us all the information we can have. Our cars right now aren't brand new cars, they are cars from late last year. A lot of the No. 29 cars a couple of them that Kevin (Harvick) won with. So they are not brand new cars, but at the same point they are still fast race cars.

"They have given us just basically open information, engineering, set-ups, everything that we need to know what makes the cars fast. It's been great sharing, and hopefully we are bringing something back to them. That has been my goal, to not just keep taking but hopefully bring something back to where they are learning and we can make everybody as a whole better. Richard has been just fantastic. I've been part of an alliance before and this is the best I've ever seen. All credit goes to him and their race shop for allowing us to have that. Hopefully it just keeps continuing."

Comment

Originally posted by RS170 View Post
          I'm one of those Clev Browns fans who is just ecstatic about the Browns draft--we got JOHNNY MANZIEL!!!!!Unbelievable.....I couldn't even sleep last night.
          Congrats, RS! I sure hope it works out well for the Browns.

I don't think there's going to be any middle ground here. He'll either be a world-beater or another Ryan Leaf.

He'll have to change a few things. For example, he's going to have to start looking at film and studying the opposition now. If he's willing to do that, everything should be just fine.

Comment

NBA
            Dunkel

San Antonio at Portland
            The Blazers look for their first win in the series and come into tonight's contest with a 10-3 ATS record in their last 13 games against the Spurs at home. Portland is the pick (+1 1/2) according to Dunkel, which has the Blazers favored by 7. Dunkel Pick: Portland (+1 1/2). Here are all of today's playoff picks.

SATURDAY, MAY 10

Game 721-722: Miami at Brooklyn (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Miami 125.814; Brooklyn 122.497
            Dunkel Line & Total: Miami by 3 1/2; 192
            Vegas Line & Total: Miami by 1 1/2; 188
            Dunkel Pick: Miami (-1 1/2); Over

Game 723-724: San Antonio at Portland (10:30 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: San Antonio 121.738; Portland 128.793
            Dunkel Line & Total: Portland by 7; 213
            Vegas Line & Total: San Antonio by 1 1/2; 209
            Dunkel Pick: Portland (+1 1/2); Over

NBA
            Long Sheet

Saturday, May 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIAMI (60 - 28) at BROOKLYN (48 - 43) - 5/10/2014, 8:05 PM
            There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
            MIAMI is 7-5 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
            MIAMI is 8-4 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
            7 of 12 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

SAN ANTONIO (68 - 23) at PORTLAND (58 - 32) - 5/10/2014, 10:35 PM
            Top Trends for this game.
            PORTLAND is 51-31 ATS (+16.9 Units) as a home underdog of 3 points or less since 1996.
            SAN ANTONIO is 151-118 ATS (+21.2 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
            SAN ANTONIO is 124-96 ATS (+18.4 Units) as a favorite over the last 3 seasons.
            SAN ANTONIO is 28-12 ATS (+14.8 Units) after 3 or more consecutive overs over the last 3 seasons.
            SAN ANTONIO is 66-48 ATS (+13.2 Units) after a win by 10 points or more over the last 3 seasons.
            SAN ANTONIO is 50-33 ATS (+13.7 Units) after scoring 105 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
            SAN ANTONIO is 22-13 ATS (+7.7 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins this season.
            PORTLAND is 14-29 ATS (-17.9 Units) against Southwest division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
            PORTLAND is 14-24 ATS (-12.4 Units) after allowing 105 points or more this season.
            PORTLAND is 5-15 ATS (-11.5 Units) in home games after a loss by 10 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
            PORTLAND is 9-20 ATS (-13.0 Units) in home games versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game this season.

SAN ANTONIO is 7-5 against the spread versus PORTLAND over the last 3 seasons
            SAN ANTONIO is 7-5 straight up against PORTLAND over the last 3 seasons
            8 of 12 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NBA
            Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, May 10

Heat plays at different level in playoffs- they shot 57/49% in first two series games, winning by 21-12 points, with Big 3 making 42-81 from floor, and Allen scoring 32 in 54:00 off bench- they outscored Brooklyn 110-79 in second half. Nets are 25-19 vs spread at home this year, but if Garnett doesn't get more productive (2-10 from floor), this will be short series. Six of last nine series games stayed under the total.

Spurs led first two games of series 65-39/70-51 at half; Portland has to be competitive before they can even win a game. Aldridge was just 6-23 last game. Spurs made 12-20 from arc in Game 2, putting seven players in double figures after Parker went off with 33 in opener, but they have lost seven of last nine visits to Rip City, winning last one by a hoop- they've won last four games with Portland overall.

Over is 37-23 in playoffs this season, 6-4 in this round.
            Favorites are 21-39 in playoffs this season, 5-5 in this round.

NBA

Saturday, May 10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Trend Report
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:00 PM
            MIAMI vs. BROOKLYN
            Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
            The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami's last 6 games
            Brooklyn is 18-3 SU in its last 21 games at home
            Brooklyn is 4-12 ATS in its last 16 games when playing at home against Miami

10:30 PM
            SAN ANTONIO vs. PORTLAND
            San Antonio is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games on the road
            The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Antonio's last 6 games when playing on the road against Portland
            Portland is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games
            The total has gone OVER in 9 of Portland's last 11 games

Comment

NHL
              Dunkel

Montreal at Boston
              The Canadiens look to bounce back from their 1-0 loss in Game 4 and come into tonight's contest with an 8-1 record in their last 9 games after scoring 2 goals or less in the previous game. Montreal is the pick (+165) according to Dunkel, which has the Canadiens favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: Montreal (+165). Here are all of today's playoff picks.

SATURDAY, MAY 10

Game 59-60: Montreal at Boston (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Montreal 12.795; Boston 11.708
              Dunkel Line & Total: Montreal by 1; 4
              Vegas Line & Total: Boston (-190); 5
              Dunkel Pick: Montreal (+165); Under

Game 61-62: Anaheim at Los Angeles (9:30 p.m. EST)
              Dunkel Ratings: Anaheim 12.269; Los Angeles 13.732
              Dunkel Line & Total: Los Angeles by 1 1/2; 6
              Vegas Line & Total: Los Angeles (-155); 5
              Dunkel Pick: Los Angeles (-155); Over

NHL
              Long Sheet

Saturday, May 10

MONTREAL (52-29-0-9, 113 pts.) at BOSTON (60-21-0-10, 130 pts.) - 5/10/2014, 7:05 PM
              BOSTON is 60-31 ATS (+96.3 Units) in all games this season.
              BOSTON is 21-5 ATS (+12.7 Units) on Saturday games this season.
              BOSTON is 28-10 ATS (+9.8 Units) after a division game this season.
              BOSTON is 352-335 ATS (-19.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.
              MONTREAL is 52-38 ATS (+6.3 Units) in all games this season.
              MONTREAL is 29-20 ATS (+6.8 Units) second half of the season this season.
              MONTREAL is 13-6 ATS (+6.9 Units) in road games vs. division opponents this season.
              MONTREAL is 20-10 ATS (+8.7 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
              MONTREAL is 9-3 ATS (+5.9 Units) in road games after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game this season.
              MONTREAL is 25-17 ATS (+43.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
              MONTREAL is 15-11 ATS (+27.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.

MONTREAL is 10-8 (+6.2 Units) against the spread versus BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
              MONTREAL is 10-8-0 straight up against BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
              9 of 16 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+1.5 Units)

ANAHEIM (59-23-0-9, 127 pts.) at LOS ANGELES (52-31-0-9, 113 pts.) - 5/10/2014, 9:35 PM
              ANAHEIM is 59-32 ATS (+13.6 Units) in all games this season.
              ANAHEIM is 9-3 ATS (+6.0 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5 or less this season.
              ANAHEIM is 189-193 ATS (+417.8 Units) in road games second half of the season since 1996.
              ANAHEIM is 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) on Saturday games this season.
              ANAHEIM is 23-9 ATS (+10.4 Units) vs. division opponents this season.
              ANAHEIM is 204-193 ATS (+417.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1996.
              LOS ANGELES is 21-30 ATS (-17.3 Units) on Saturday games over the last 3 seasons.

LOS ANGELES is 10-8 (+0.7 Units) against the spread versus ANAHEIM over the last 3 seasons
              LOS ANGELES is 10-8-0 straight up against ANAHEIM over the last 3 seasons
              8 of 15 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+0.7 Units)

NHL
              Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, May 10

Boston got OT goal from rookie AHL callup to even series; team that scored first won all four games. Montreal won eight of last eleven games with Boston, taking won six of the last eight games played here. There were only five power plays in last two games. Montreal is 6-2 in playoffs this spring, 2-2 on road. Boston is 34-12 at home this season; they're 0-8 on power play in series. Over is 5-1-2 in Montreal's playoff games. Nine of eleven Boston goals in this series have come in third period or OT.

Los Angeles won six of its last seven games since being down 3-0 in San Jose series; visitor won all three series games, and last six games overall in this rivalry. Anaheim is 4-0 in Staples building this year, after losing previous five visits here. Ducks were 2-2 on power play in Game 3, after being 1-8 first two games. Over is 5-2-3 in their last ten games, under is 5-1-3 in last nine series games, but 1-3-2 in Ducks' last six games overall. League-wide, totals find the over to be 36-16-12 in the playoffs, 7-4-5 in this round.

NHL

Saturday, May 10

Trend Report

7:00 PM
              MONTREAL vs. BOSTON
              Montreal is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing Boston
              Montreal is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
              Boston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Montreal
              Boston is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing Montreal

9:30 PM
              ANAHEIM vs. LOS ANGELES
              The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Anaheim's last 13 games when playing on the road against Los Angeles
              Anaheim is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Los Angeles
              Los Angeles is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
              The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Los Angeles's last 13 games when playing at home against Anaheim

NHL

Saturday, May 10

Game of the Day: Ducks at Kings

Anaheim Ducks at Los Angeles Kings (N/A)

Los Angeles leads series 2-1.

After sidestepping an 0-3 hole, the Anaheim Ducks attempt to even their Western Conference second-round series when they visit the Los Angeles Kings for Game 4 on Saturday. Anaheim dropped the first two games of the matchup at home, scoring a total of three goals in the process, before taking advantage of its power-play chances en route to a 3-2 triumph in Game 3 on Thursday. Corey Perry and Teemu Selanne each tallied with the man advantage and defenseman Ben Lovejoy added a much-needed goal late in the third period as the Pacific Division-champion Ducks continued the trend of road victories in the series.

Coach Bruce Boudreau switched from Jonas Hiller to Frederik Andersen in goal, citing the former's 0-5-2 career record at Staples Center as the reason. The move worked as the Danish rookie - who was 2-0-0 at Los Angeles during the regular season - limited the Kings to one goal on 23 shots. The 24-year-old Andersen suffered an apparent right leg injury midway through the third period, but Hiller came on and turned aside seven of the eight shots he faced - allowing only Mike Richards' first tally of the postseason with 31 seconds remaining.

TV:
              9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, TSN, RDS

LINE HISTORY:
              The Kings opened as -150 home faves with a total of 5.

INJURY REPORT:
              Ducks: G F. Andersen (Ques. Lower body), LW M. Beleskey (Ques. Undisclosed). Kings: D W. Mitchell (Ques. Lower body), D R. Regehr (Ques. Undisclosed).

ABOUT THE DUCKS:
              With Andersen's status in question, Anaheim recalled John Gibson from Norfolk of the American Hockey League on Friday. The 20-year-old native of Pittsburgh was superb during his brief stint during the regular season, going 3-0-0 with a shutout while allowing only four goals on 87 shots. Defenseman Sami Vatanen made his NHL playoff debut in Game 3 and drew rave reviews from Boudreau. "I thought he was the best player on the ice for both teams," the coach said.

ABOUT THE KINGS:
              While Anaheim went 2-for-2 on the power play Thursday, Los Angeles converted its only opportunity as Jeff Carter cashed in for his third goal of the postseason. The Kings are 8-for-28 with the man advantage over their last eight games after going 0-for-4 in their first two contests. Anze Kopitar extended his point streak to 10 games with his league-leading 11th assist, which also raised his postseason-best point total to 15.

TRENDS:

* Under is 5-1-3 in the last nine meetings.
              * Under is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings in Los Angeles.
              * Ducks are 5-2 in the last seven meetings and 4-0 in the last four in L.A.
              * Road team is 6-0 in the last six meetings.

CONSENSUS:
              61 percent of bettors are backing the L.A. Kings

Comment

MLB
                Dunkel

Arizona at Chicago White Sox
                The Diamondbacks look to bounce back from last night's 9-3 loss to the White Sox and come into today's contest with a 7-2 record in Wade Miley's last 9 starts following a team loss in the previous game. Arizona is the pick (+105) according to Dunkel, which has the Diamondbacks favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Arizona (+105). Here are all of today's picks.

SATURDAY, MAY 10

Game 901-902: San Francisco at LA Dodgers (4:10 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Cain) 14.946; LA Dodgers (Greinke) 16.534
                Dunkel Line: LA Dodgers by 1 1/2; 6
                Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-150); 7
                Dunkel Pick: LA Dodgers (-150); Under

Game 903-904: St. Louis at Pittsburgh (7:05 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis (Lynn) 14.823; Pittsburgh (Volquez) 15.742
                Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1; 7
                Vegas Line: St. Louis (-125); 7 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (+105); Under

Game 905-906: Philadelphia at NY Mets (7:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia (Kendrick) 15.885; NY Mets (Gee) 14.951
                Dunkel Line: Philadelphia by 1; 8 1/2
                Vegas Line: NY Mets (-145); 7
                Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (+125); Over

Game 907-908: Chicago Cubs at Atlanta (7:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Cubs (Samardzija) 13.813; Atlanta (Santana) 15.320
                Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 1 1/2; 8
                Vegas Line: Atlanta (-155); 7
                Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (-155); Over

Game 909-910: Colorado at Cincinnati (7:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (Lyles) 14.563; Cincinnati (Simon) 17.244
                Dunkel Line: Cincinnati by 2 1/2; 9
                Vegas Line: Cincinnati (-125); 7 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: Cincinnati (-125); Over

Game 911-912: Miami at San Diego (8:40 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Miami (Eovaldi) 14.412; San Diego (Stults) 15.930
                Dunkel Line: San Diego by 1 1/2; 6
                Vegas Line: Miami (-115); 6 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: San Diego (-105); Under

Game 913-914: LA Angels at Toronto (1:05 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: LA Angels (Skaggs) 16.450; Toronto (Happ) 14.562
                Dunkel Line: LA Angels by 2; 11
                Vegas Line: Toronto (-120); 9 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: LA Angels (+100); Over

Game 915-916: Minnesota at Detroit (1:05 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota (Gibson) 15.464; Detroit (Scherzer) 16.882
                Dunkel Line: Detroit by 1 1/2; 6
                Vegas Line: Detroit (-240); 7 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-240); Under

Game 917-918: Houston at Baltimore (7:05 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Houston (McHugh) 15.087; Baltimore (Gonzalez) 13.925
                Dunkel Line: Houston by 1; 8
                Vegas Line: Baltimore (-170); 8 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: Houston (+150); Under

Game 919-920 Cleveland at Tampa Bay (7:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland (McAllister) 14.307; Tampa Bay (Bedard) 15.879
                Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 1 1/2; 9 1/2
                Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-120); 8
                Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-120); Over

Game 921-922: Boston at Texas (8:05 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Boston (Lester) 16.474; Texas (Perez) 14.983
                Dunkel Line: Boston by 1 1/2; 8
                Vegas Line: Boston (-130); 9
                Dunkel Pick: Boston (-130); Under

Game 923-924: Kansas City at Seattle (9:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Kansas City (Ventura) 15.890; Seattle (Young) 14.816
                Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 1; 7
                Vegas Line: Kansas City (-125); 6 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: Kansas City (-125); Over

Game 925-926: NY Yankees at Milwaukee (7:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Sabathia) 13.871; Milwaukee (Lohse) 15.443
                Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 1 1/2; 9
                Vegas Line: Milwaukee (-140); 8
                Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (-140); Over

Game 927-928: Arizona at Chicago White Sox (7:10 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Arizona (Miley) 15.628; White Sox (Quintana) 14.092
                Dunkel Line: Arizona by 1 1/2; 10
                Vegas Line: Chicago White Sox (-125); 8 1/2
                Dunkel Pick: Arizona (+105); Over

Game 929-930: Washington at Oakland (9:05 p.m. EST)
                Dunkel Ratings: Washington (Roark) 15.913; Oakland (Gray) 14.821
                Dunkel Line: Washington by 1; 8
                Vegas Line: Oakland (-170); 7
                Dunkel Pick: Washington (+150); Over

Comment

MLB
                  Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, May 10

Hot pitchers
                  -- Greinke is 5-1, 2.58 in eight starts this season.
                  -- Lynn is 2-1, 2.70 in his last five starts.
                  -- Gee is 3-1, 0.67 in his last four starts.
                  -- Santana is 3-0, 2.41 in five starts for Atlanta. Samardzija has a 2.45 RA in his last four starts.
                  -- Simon is 3-0, 2.81 in his last four starts. Lyles is 2-0, 1.93 in his last four.
                  -- Eovaldi is 1-0, 2.25 in his last three starts.

-- Happ threw five shutout innings in his first '14 start.
                  -- Scherzer is 4-0, 1.33 in his last four starts.
                  -- McHugh is 2-1, 3.26 in three starts for Houston.
                  -- Bedard is 1-0, 1.64 in his last couple starts.
                  -- Ventura is 1-0, 1.42 in his last three starts. Young is 2-0, 3.58 in five starts.

-- Lohse is 4-0, 3.20 in his last six starts.
                  -- Quintana is 0-0, 2.77 in his last couple starts.
                  -- Gray is 4-1, 2.30 in seven starts this season.

Cold pitchers
                  -- Cain was 0-2, 4.85 in his last four starts before going on DL (cut finger).
                  -- Volquez is 0-3, 7.00 in his last three starts.
                  -- Kendrick is 0-3, 4.99 in his last five starts.
                  -- Stults is 0-1, 7.11 in his last three starts.

-- Skaggs is 1-1, 6.35 in his last four starts.
                  -- Gibson is 0-2, 6.48 in his last three starts.
                  -- Gonzalez is 0-2, 5.51 in his last three starts.
                  -- McAllister is 0-2, 5.06 in his last three starts.
                  -- Perez is 0-2, 12.10 in his last two starts, after throwing 26 consecutive scoreless innings. Lester is 1-2, 5.49 in his last three starts.

-- Former Brewer Sabathia is 0-2, 9.35 in his last two starts.
                  -- Miley is 0-1, 7.50 in his last three starts.
                  -- Roark is 1-1, 7.29 in four road starts.

Pitchers allowing runs in first inning:
                  -- Cain 3-5; Greinke 1-7
                  -- Lynn 2-7; Volquez 3-6
                  -- Kendrick 2-6; Gee 1-7
                  -- Samardzija 3-7; Santana 2-5
                  -- Lyles 2-7; Simon 2-6
                  -- Eovaldi 2-7; Stults 2-7

-- Skaggs 3-5; Happ 0-1
                  -- Gibson 2-6; Scherzer 2-7
                  -- McHugh 1-3; Gonzalez 1-6
                  -- McAllister 2-7; Bedard 1-4
                  -- Lester 1-7; Perez 1-7
                  -- Ventura 2-6; Young 1-5

-- Sabathia 3-7; Lohse 4-7
                  -- Miley 2-8; Quintana 1-7
                  -- Roark 2-6; Gray 2-7

Totals
                  -- Seven of last ten Pittsburgh games went over total.
                  -- Eight of last nine games at Citi Field stayed under; six of Philly's last eight road games went over.
                  -- Five of last six Cincinnati games stayed under.
                  -- Eleven of last thirteen Atlanta home games stayed under.
                  -- Under is 11-2-1 in last fourteen San Francisco road games.
                  -- Eight of last nine Miami road games stayed under.

-- Under is 5-1-1 in last seven Baltimore games.
                  -- Nine of last eleven Toronto home games went over.
                  -- Seven of last eight Minnesota games stayed under.
                  -- Five of last seven Cleveland games stayed under.
                  -- Seven of last eight Boston games stayed under total.
                  -- Six of last eight Kansas City games went over.

-- Eight of last eleven Milwaukee games went over total.
                  -- Over is 13-6 in White Sox home games this season.
                  -- Ten of last thirteen Washington road games went over.

Hot teams
                  -- Pittsburgh won five of its last seven games.
                  -- Rockies lost nine of their last thirteen games. Cincinnati won seven of its last nine home games.
                  -- San Francisco won 12 of its last 15 games.
                  -- Marlins won eight of last ten games; they're 3-11 on road.

-- Orioles won seven of their last nine games.
                  -- Blue Jays won five of their last six games.
                  -- Detroit won eight of its last ten games, but lost last two.
                  -- Indians won six of their last eight games.
                  -- Boston won four of its last six games.
                  -- Kansas City won three of its last four games. Mariners won four of their last six home games.

-- Bronx won six of its last eight road games.
                  -- Arizona won six of its last nine road games. White Sox won five of their last six games overall.
                  -- Oakland won its last two games, allowing one run.

Cold teams
                  -- Cardinals are 4-8 in their last twelve road games.
                  -- Mets lost seven of their last eight games. Phillies lost four of their last five.
                  -- Braves lost eight of their last ten games. Cubs lost five of their last six.
                  -- Dodgers lost five of their last six games.
                  -- San Diego lost seven of its last ten games.

-- Astros lost eight of their last ten games.
                  -- Angels are 4-5 in their last nine road games.
                  -- Minnesota lost three of its last four games.
                  -- Rays lost their last six home games.
                  -- Rangers lost four of their last six home games.

-- Milwaukee lost seven of its last nine games.
                  -- Washington lost its last three away games.

Umpires
                  -- SF-LA-- Four of last five TBarrett games went over total.
                  -- StL-Pitt-- Favorites won four of five Rackley games.
                  -- Phil-NY-- Last four Timmons games stayed under total.
                  -- Chi-Atl-- Four of last five Fletcher games stayed under.
                  -- Col-Cin-- Four of five O'Nora games stayed under total.
                  -- Mia-SD-- Over is 4-0-1 in LBarrett games this season.

-- LA-Tor-- All five Johnson games went over the total.
                  -- Min-Det-- Over is 5-1-1 in West games this season.
                  -- Hst-Balt-- Favorites won four of six Kellogg games.
                  -- Cle-TB-- All five Nauert games went over the total.
                  -- Bos-Tex-- Four of last six Miller games stayed under.
                  -- KC-Sea-- Last five Barry games stayed under total.

-- NY-Mil-- Five of six Emmel games stayed under total.
                  -- Az-Chi-- Four of last five Cuzzi games went over total.
                  -- Wsh-A's-- Three of last four Danley games went over.

Comment

MLB

Saturday, May 10

Trend Report

1:07 PM
                    LA ANGELS vs. TORONTO
                    The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Angels's last 8 games when playing on the road against Toronto
                    The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Angels's last 9 games on the road
                    The total has gone OVER in 8 of Toronto's last 11 games at home
                    Toronto is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games

1:08 PM
                    MINNESOTA vs. DETROIT
                    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing Detroit
                    Minnesota is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Detroit
                    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing Minnesota
                    Detroit is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games

4:10 PM
                    SAN FRANCISCO vs. LA DODGERS
                    The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Francisco's last 8 games on the road
                    San Francisco is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games on the road
                    LA Dodgers are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home
                    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games when playing San Francisco

7:05 PM
                    HOUSTON vs. BALTIMORE
                    Houston is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games when playing Baltimore
                    Houston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
                    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore's last 6 games at home
                    Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games

7:05 PM
                    ST. LOUIS vs. PITTSBURGH
                    St. Louis is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
                    St. Louis is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
                    Pittsburgh is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
                    The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh's last 8 games

7:10 PM
                    CHI CUBS vs. ATLANTA
                    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 6 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
                    Chi Cubs are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
                    Atlanta is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
                    The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta's last 7 games

ARIZONA vs. CHI WHITE SOX
                    The total has gone OVER in 7 of Arizona's last 10 games
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona's last 6 games when playing Chi White Sox
                    Chi White Sox are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox's last 6 games when playing Arizona

NY YANKEES vs. MILWAUKEE
                    NY Yankees are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Milwaukee
                    The total has gone OVER in 8 of NY Yankees's last 12 games on the road
                    Milwaukee is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
                    The total has gone OVER in 8 of Milwaukee's last 11 games

COLORADO vs. CINCINNATI
                    Colorado is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
                    Colorado is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing Cincinnati
                    Cincinnati is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
                    The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati's last 6 games when playing Colorado

PHILADELPHIA vs. NY METS
                    Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
                    Philadelphia is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
                    NY Mets are 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
                    The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Mets's last 7 games when playing Philadelphia

CLEVELAND vs. TAMPA BAY
                    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 7 games
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games on the road
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 6 games when playing Cleveland
                    Tampa Bay is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Cleveland

8:05 PM
                    BOSTON vs. TEXAS
                    Boston is 6-13 SU in its last 19 games when playing Texas
                    The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston's last 16 games on the road
                    Texas is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
                    Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Boston

8:40 PM
                    MIAMI vs. SAN DIEGO
                    The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami's last 9 games on the road
                    Miami is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Diego
                    San Diego is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
                    San Diego is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Miami

9:05 PM
                    WASHINGTON vs. OAKLAND
                    The total has gone OVER in 10 of Washington's last 13 games on the road
                    Washington is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
                    Oakland is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games at home

9:10 PM
                    KANSAS CITY vs. SEATTLE
                    Kansas City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                    The total has gone OVER in 6 of Kansas City's last 9 games
                    Seattle is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
                    Seattle is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games

Comment

MLB
                      Long Sheet

Saturday, May 10

SAN FRANCISCO (23 - 13) at LA DODGERS (19 - 18) - 4:10 PM
                      MATT CAIN (R) vs. ZACK GREINKE (R)
                      CAIN is 12-23 (-17.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      CAIN is 7-15 (-12.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      CAIN is 3-10 (-10.3 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      CAIN is 12-23 (-17.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      CAIN is 6-13 (-11.0 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      LA DODGERS are 40-20 (+18.6 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 3 seasons.
                      GREINKE is 28-10 (+15.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      GREINKE is 26-8 (+15.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      GREINKE is 26-7 (+15.3 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      GREINKE is 28-10 (+15.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      GREINKE is 14-2 (+12.0 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      SAN FRANCISCO is 23-13 (+10.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                      SAN FRANCISCO is 100-91 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
                      SAN FRANCISCO is 60-43 (+14.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
                      SAN FRANCISCO is 23-13 (+10.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                      SAN FRANCISCO is 517-509 (+48.8 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
                      SAN FRANCISCO is 10-3 (+8.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      CAIN is 10-1 (+8.5 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      LA DODGERS are 21-28 (-22.8 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 6-2 (+4.7 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
                      5 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.5 Units)

MATT CAIN vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
                      CAIN is 5-11 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 3.58 and a WHIP of 1.340.
                      His team's record is 11-18 (-8.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 14-13. (-0.4 units)

ZACK GREINKE vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
                      GREINKE is 1-0 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 3.12 and a WHIP of 1.154.
                      His team's record is 3-0 (+3.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+1.1 units)

ST LOUIS (18 - 18) at PITTSBURGH (15 - 20) - 7:05 PM
                      LANCE LYNN (R) vs. EDINSON VOLQUEZ (R)
                      PITTSBURGH is 112-91 (+17.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      PITTSBURGH is 39-26 (+14.9 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 3 seasons.
                      PITTSBURGH is 130-90 (+42.4 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Saturday since 1997.
                      PITTSBURGH is 112-91 (+17.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      PITTSBURGH is 74-53 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                      ST LOUIS is 99-58 (+24.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                      ST LOUIS is 62-28 (+27.8 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

PITTSBURGH is 4-3 (+1.3 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
                      4 of 6 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.7 Units)

LANCE LYNN vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
                      LYNN is 4-3 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 5.60 and a WHIP of 1.445.
                      His team's record is 6-4 (+0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 8-2. (+6.0 units)

EDINSON VOLQUEZ vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
                      VOLQUEZ is 3-6 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 5.56 and a WHIP of 1.372.
                      His team's record is 5-8 (-1.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 7-6. (+0.4 units)

PHILADELPHIA (16 - 18) at NY METS (16 - 18) - 7:10 PM
                      KYLE KENDRICK (R) vs. DILLON GEE (R)
                      PHILADELPHIA is 170-188 (-38.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                      PHILADELPHIA is 41-50 (-17.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
                      GEE is 13-5 (+10.6 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997. (Team's Record)
                      GEE is 19-11 (+11.7 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      GEE is 26-14 (+13.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)
                      KENDRICK is 68-51 (+19.5 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
                      NY METS are 41-57 (-21.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                      NY METS are 286-306 (-91.8 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.
                      NY METS are 41-57 (-21.2 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      NY METS are 41-63 (-29.6 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons.

NY METS is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against PHILADELPHIA this season
                      1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

KYLE KENDRICK vs. NY METS since 1997
                      KENDRICK is 8-6 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 3.01 and a WHIP of 1.359.
                      His team's record is 8-8 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 10-6. (+3.3 units)

DILLON GEE vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
                      GEE is 2-3 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 6.98 and a WHIP of 1.653.
                      His team's record is 4-5 (-0.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-7. (-5.7 units)

CHICAGO CUBS (12 - 22) at ATLANTA (19 - 15) - 7:10 PM
                      JEFF SAMARDZIJA (R) vs. ERVIN SANTANA (R)
                      CHICAGO CUBS are 78-119 (-24.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      CHICAGO CUBS are 78-119 (-24.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      CHICAGO CUBS are 52-92 (-32.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                      SAMARDZIJA is 14-27 (-12.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      SAMARDZIJA is 14-27 (-12.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      ATLANTA is 68-34 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                      ATLANTA is 68-34 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

ATLANTA is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
                      1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JEFF SAMARDZIJA vs. ATLANTA since 1997
                      SAMARDZIJA is 2-1 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 2.75 and a WHIP of 1.017.
                      His team's record is 2-1 (+2.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-3. (-3.0 units)

ERVIN SANTANA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
                      No recent starts.

COLORADO (22 - 16) at CINCINNATI (16 - 18) - 7:10 PM
                      JORDAN LYLES (R) vs. ALFREDO SIMON (R)
                      COLORADO is 169-244 (-53.3 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 since 1997.
                      COLORADO is 88-169 (-62.9 Units) against the money line in road games in May games since 1997.
                      COLORADO is 12-3 (+10.0 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
                      CINCINNATI is 337-364 (-95.3 Units) against the money line in home games after a win since 1997.

CINCINNATI is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against COLORADO this season
                      0 of 0 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

JORDAN LYLES vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
                      LYLES is 2-1 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 6.17 and a WHIP of 1.372.
                      His team's record is 2-2 (+0.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+1.8 units)

ALFREDO SIMON vs. COLORADO since 1997
                      No recent starts.

MIAMI (20 - 16) at SAN DIEGO (16 - 21) - 8:40 PM
                      NATHAN EOVALDI (R) vs. ERIC STULTS (L)
                      STULTS is 31-24 (+13.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      STULTS is 17-8 (+13.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      STULTS is 18-7 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      STULTS is 31-23 (+14.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      STULTS is 23-13 (+15.3 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      MIAMI is 43-43 (+12.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons.
                      MIAMI is 383-374 (+37.7 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters since 1997.
                      EOVALDI is 10-3 (+11.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

MIAMI is 3-2 (+0.9 Units) against SAN DIEGO this season
                      3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.8 Units)

NATHAN EOVALDI vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
                      EOVALDI is 1-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 1.96 and a WHIP of 1.091.
                      His team's record is 2-1 (+0.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.1 units)

ERIC STULTS vs. MIAMI since 1997
                      STULTS is 1-3 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 6.12 and a WHIP of 1.680.
                      His team's record is 2-3 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.7 units)

LA ANGELS (17 - 17) at TORONTO (18 - 18) - 1:05 PM
                      TYLER SKAGGS (L) vs. J.A. HAPP (L)
                      LA ANGELS are 95-101 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      LA ANGELS are 25-33 (-15.1 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                      LA ANGELS are 713-699 (+63.5 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
                      LA ANGELS are 260-216 (+73.7 Units) against the money line in road games in day games since 1997.

LA ANGELS is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against TORONTO this season

TYLER SKAGGS vs. TORONTO since 1997
                      No recent starts.

J.A. HAPP vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
                      HAPP is 0-1 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 6.24 and a WHIP of 1.848.
                      His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

MINNESOTA (16 - 18) at DETROIT (20 - 11) - 1:05 PM
                      KYLE GIBSON (R) vs. MAX SCHERZER (R)
                      SCHERZER is 29-7 (+16.0 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      SCHERZER is 17-2 (+13.9 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      SCHERZER is 29-7 (+16.0 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      MINNESOTA is 18-13 (+11.4 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
                      MINNESOTA is 41-43 (+13.1 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
                      MINNESOTA is 73-90 (+22.0 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.

MINNESOTA is 2-1 (+2.3 Units) against DETROIT this season
                      1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.1 Units, Under=-0.2 Units)

KYLE GIBSON vs. DETROIT since 1997
                      No recent starts.

MAX SCHERZER vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
                      SCHERZER is 6-2 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 4.42 and a WHIP of 1.181.
                      His team's record is 9-3 (+5.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-6. (-0.5 units)

HOUSTON (11 - 25) at BALTIMORE (19 - 14) - 7:05 PM
                      COLLIN MCHUGH (R) vs. MIGUEL GONZALEZ (R)
                      HOUSTON is 62-136 (-34.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      HOUSTON is 25-76 (-38.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
                      HOUSTON is 95-154 (-46.3 Units) against the money line in road games in May games since 1997.
                      HOUSTON is 86-142 (-50.8 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Saturday since 1997.
                      HOUSTON is 59-129 (-33.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      HOUSTON is 39-95 (-30.0 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                      HOUSTON is 21-79 (-37.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                      BALTIMORE is 20-14 (+8.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                      BALTIMORE is 82-65 (+19.6 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                      BALTIMORE is 181-139 (+45.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
                      BALTIMORE is 13-6 (+8.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                      BALTIMORE is 143-113 (+38.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                      BALTIMORE is 80-54 (+18.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
                      BALTIMORE is 82-73 (-34.9 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.
                      BALTIMORE is 5-13 (-10.6 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons.

BALTIMORE is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against HOUSTON this season

COLLIN MCHUGH vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
                      No recent starts.

MIGUEL GONZALEZ vs. HOUSTON since 1997
                      GONZALEZ is 1-1 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 4.65 and a WHIP of 1.758.
                      His team's record is 1-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

CLEVELAND (17 - 19) at TAMPA BAY (15 - 21) - 7:10 PM
                      ZACH MCALLISTER (R) vs. ERIK BEDARD (L)
                      CLEVELAND is 22-42 (-17.4 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 3 seasons.
                      CLEVELAND is 109-90 (+19.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      CLEVELAND is 66-31 (+29.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
                      MCALLISTER is 20-9 (+11.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      MCALLISTER is 13-3 (+10.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      TAMPA BAY is 15-21 (-12.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                      TAMPA BAY is 4-11 (-8.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                      BEDARD is 3-22 (-18.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      BEDARD is 51-61 (-26.3 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997. (Team's Record)
                      BEDARD is 14-25 (-18.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)

CLEVELAND is 1-0 (+1.1 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
                      1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

ZACH MCALLISTER vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
                      MCALLISTER is 1-2 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 2.86 and a WHIP of 1.409.
                      His team's record is 1-3 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.0 units)

ERIK BEDARD vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
                      BEDARD is 2-3 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 4.99 and a WHIP of 1.425.
                      His team's record is 6-7 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 7-4. (+3.2 units)

BOSTON (17 - 18) at TEXAS (19 - 17) - 8:05 PM
                      JON LESTER (L) vs. MARTIN PEREZ (L)
                      PEREZ is 10-0 (+10.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      BOSTON is 125-89 (+17.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      BOSTON is 59-27 (+27.4 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                      LESTER is 14-4 (+10.0 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                      TEXAS is 107-95 (-24.8 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons.

TEXAS is 2-2 (+0.1 Units) against BOSTON this season
                      2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.7 Units)

JON LESTER vs. TEXAS since 1997
                      LESTER is 3-3 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 4.56 and a WHIP of 1.387.
                      His team's record is 6-6 (-1.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-6. (-0.3 units)

MARTIN PEREZ vs. BOSTON since 1997
                      PEREZ is 1-0 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 3.65 and a WHIP of 1.460.
                      His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (+0.1 units)

KANSAS CITY (17 - 18) at SEATTLE (18 - 17) - 9:10 PM
                      YORDANO VENTURA (R) vs. CHRIS YOUNG (R)
                      KANSAS CITY is 11-26 (-18.3 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
                      KANSAS CITY is 47-39 (+13.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                      SEATTLE is 42-52 (-20.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                      SEATTLE is 105-120 (-46.1 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Saturday since 1997.
                      SEATTLE is 42-52 (-20.1 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      SEATTLE is 28-38 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                      SEATTLE is 26-35 (-14.8 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                      SEATTLE is 35-47 (-22.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

SEATTLE is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season

YORDANO VENTURA vs. SEATTLE since 1997
                      VENTURA is 0-0 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 1.59 and a WHIP of 0.882.
                      His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

CHRIS YOUNG vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
                      YOUNG is 0-0 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 1.69 and a WHIP of 1.689.
                      His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

NY YANKEES (19 - 15) at MILWAUKEE (22 - 14) - 7:10 PM
                      C.C. SABATHIA (L) vs. KYLE LOHSE (R)
                      MILWAUKEE is 71-62 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                      MILWAUKEE is 8-28 (-22.7 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
                      LOHSE is 2-10 (-9.3 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

NY YANKEES is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
                      1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

C.C. SABATHIA vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
                      SABATHIA is 1-1 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 3.05 and a WHIP of 1.064.
                      His team's record is 1-2 (-1.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

KYLE LOHSE vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
                      LOHSE is 1-4 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 5.45 and a WHIP of 1.414.
                      His team's record is 1-5 (-3.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-4. (-3.0 units)

ARIZONA (13 - 25) at CHI WHITE SOX (19 - 18) - 7:10 PM
                      WADE MILEY (L) vs. JOSE QUINTANA (L)
                      ARIZONA is 13-25 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                      ARIZONA is 51-66 (-25.0 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                      ARIZONA is 13-25 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                      ARIZONA is 7-17 (-11.1 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
                      CHI WHITE SOX are 180-135 (+39.7 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game since 1997.
                      CHI WHITE SOX are 82-117 (-26.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      CHI WHITE SOX are 33-58 (-20.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
                      CHI WHITE SOX are 34-47 (-18.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                      CHI WHITE SOX are 80-112 (-24.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      CHI WHITE SOX are 36-49 (-15.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

CHI WHITE SOX is 1-0 (+1.2 Units) against ARIZONA this season

WADE MILEY vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
                      No recent starts.

JOSE QUINTANA vs. ARIZONA since 1997
                      No recent starts.

WASHINGTON (19 - 16) at OAKLAND (21 - 15) - 9:05 PM
                      TANNER ROARK (R) vs. SONNY GRAY (R)
                      OAKLAND is 119-84 (+19.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      OAKLAND is 101-52 (+38.9 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game since 1997.
                      OAKLAND is 116-80 (+20.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                      OAKLAND is 136-92 (+42.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
                      OAKLAND is 141-99 (+41.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                      OAKLAND is 113-66 (+41.0 Units) against the money line after shutting out their opponent since 1997.
                      OAKLAND is 129-84 (+40.9 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons.
                      OAKLAND is 53-37 (+17.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

OAKLAND is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against WASHINGTON this season
                      1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.2 Units)

TANNER ROARK vs. OAKLAND since 1997
                      No recent starts.

SONNY GRAY vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
                      No recent starts.

Comment

MLB
                        Short Sheet

Saturday, May 10

San Francisco at LA Dodgers, 4:10 ET
                        Cain: 6-13 TSR after a win
                        Greinke: 14-2 TSR after a loss

St Louis at Pittsburgh, 7:05 ET
                        Lynn: 45-21 TSR when the total is 7 to 8.5
                        Volquez: PITTSBURGH 8-16 when the money line is +125 to -125

Philadelphia at NY Mets, 7:10 ET
                        Kendrick: PHILADELPHIA 20-34 after a win by 2 runs or less
                        NY Mets: 19-11 TSR after a loss

Chicago Cubs at Atlanta, 7:10 ET
                        Samardzija: 14-27 TSR in all games
                        Santana: ATLANTA 68-34 in home games

Colorado at Cincinnati, 7:10 ET
                        Lyles: COLORADO 12-3 after a loss
                        Simon: CINCINNATI 20-27 after a win by 2 runs or less

Miami at San Diego, 8:40 ET
                        Eovaldi: MIAMI 11-3 OVER after a loss
                        Stults: 9-1 TSR in home games in the first half of the season

LA Angels at Toronto, 1:05 ET
                        Skaggs: LA ANGELS 81-63 when the money line is +125 to -125
                        Happ: 46-66 TSR when the money line is +125 to -125

Minnesota at Detroit, 1:05 ET
                        Gibson: MINNESOTA 26-31 as a road underdog of +150 or more
                        Scherzer: 24-4 TSR as a favorite of -150 or more

Houston at Baltimore, 7:05 ET
                        McHugh: HOUSTON 30-78 after a loss by 2 runs or less
                        Gonzalez: BALTIMORE 10-2 UNDER at home when the total is 8.5 to 10

Cleveland at Tampa Bay, 7:10 ET
                        McAllister: 13-3 TSR after a win
                        Bedard: 3-22 TSR when the total is 8 to 8.5

Boston at Texas, 8:05 ET
                        Lester: 14-4 TSR after a loss
                        Perez: TEXAS is 49-60 after allowing 2 runs or less

Kansas City at Seattle, 9:10 ET
                        Ventura: KANSAS CITY is 36-17 after 3 straight games where the bullpen gave up no runs
                        Young: SEATTLE 42-52 in home games

NY Yankees at Milwaukee, 7:10 ET
                        Sabathia: NY YANKEES 18-5 UNDER in an inter-league game
                        Lohse: 21-8 UNDER as a home favorite of -110 or higher

Arizona at Chicago White Sox, 7:10 ET
                        Miley: ARIZONA 15-5 OVER when the money line is +125 to -125
                        Quintana: CHI WHITE SOX 22-14 OVER in all games

Washington at Oakland, 9:05 ET
                        Roark: WASHINGTON 17-38 as an underdog
                        Gray: 9-0 SU when working on 5 or 6 days rest

Comment

NBA
                          Long Sheet

Saturday, May 10

Update

MIAMI (60 - 28) at BROOKLYN (48 - 43) - 5/10/2014, 8:05 PM
                          BROOKLYN is 25-11 ATS (+12.9 Units) after scoring 85 points or less over the last 3 seasons.
                          MIAMI is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) after allowing 85 points or less this season.

MIAMI is 7-5 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
                          MIAMI is 8-4 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
                          7 of 12 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Comment

NBA
                            Short Sheet

Saturday, May 10

Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets, 8:05 ET
                            Miami: 165-121 UNDER off a home win by 10 points or more
                            Brooklyn: 9-0 ATS after 2 straight losses by 10 points or more

San Antonio Spurs at Portland Trail Blazers, 10:35 ET
                            San Antonio: 22-13 ATS after 3 or more consecutive wins
                            Portland: 14-26 ATS after 2 or more consecutive losses

NHL
                            Short Sheet

Saturday, May 10

Montreal at Boston, 7:05 ET
                            Montreal: 14-4 SU off a home loss
                            Boston: 8-14 SU off a road win by 1 goal

Anaheim Ducks at Los Angeles Kings, 10:05 ET
                            Anaheim: 19-6 SU off a road win
                            LA Kings: 34-48 SU at home revenging a close loss vs opponent of 1 goal or less

Comment

MLB

Saturday, May 10

Saturday's MLB betting cheat sheet: Sabathia a strong underdog play

San Diego Surges as Home 'Dog

The Padres entered Friday a +123 underdog against Jose Fernandez and visiting Miami, but erupted for a season high in runs en route to a 10-1 victory. San Diego is 4-1 in its last five games as a home dog and is listed at -102 for Saturday's rematch.

CC Setting New Trends

New York Yankees lefty CC Sabathia is 3-1 as an underdog so far in 2014 after going just 3-9 a season ago. Sabathia and the Yankees are installed as a +121 underdog for Saturday's showdown with the host Milwaukee Brewers.

Scherzer a Sure Under Bet

Detroit Tigers fireballer Max Scherzer has been one of the safest Under plays all season - going 1-6 O/U so far - and has gone Under in each of his previous two starts against Minnesota. Scherzer and the Tigers (-255, 8) host the Twins on Saturday afternoon; Minnesota is 21-12-1 O/U on the season.

Pitching Notes

* Chicago Cubs ace Jeff Samardjiza has been as hard-luck as they come, going 1-6 against the moneyline despite boasting a sensational 1.62 ERA and .285 opposing OBP. Samardjiza and the Cubs (+136, 7) face the host Atlanta Braves, who are 9-7 as a home favorite in 3014.

* Miami hurler Nathan Eovaldi has surrendered just 10 home runs in 25 starts spanning the previous two seasons, during which the Marlins are 13-12 against the moneyline and 9-13-3 O/U.

Hitting Notes

* Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer is hitting .373 over his previous 12 games, during which Kansas City is a sizzling 8-3-1 O/U. Hosmer and the Royals (-120, 6.5) visit the Seattle Mariners on Saturday.

* White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is heating up again after a brief lull, racking up seven hits over his last 13 at-bats following a 5-for-27 slide. Chicago is 3-0 O/U during his resurgence after going 1-6 O/U during his slump; the White Sox (-121, 8.5) host Arizona on Saturday.

Total Streak

Pittsburgh Pirates (6-1-1 O/U): Pittsburgh coughed up 35 runs over a five-game stretch before righting the ship in its last three contests, surrendering just eight runs en route to three straight victories.

Prop of the Day

A narrow Pittsburgh victory looks like a strong bet Saturday; the Pirates are +375 to beat St. Louis (-121, 7.5) by exactly one run and +750 to prevail by two runs. Each of the Pirates' previous five victories have come by one or two runs.

Key Injuries

* The San Francisco Giants have lost first baseman Brandon Belt for approximately six weeks with a broken thumb suffered Friday night. Belt leads the team with nine home runs but was mired in an 8-for-42 slump; the Giants went 11-3 against the moneyline and 3-10-1 O/U over that span.

* Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez (blister) threw a bullpen session Friday and appears ready to rejoin the rotation May 18 against Boston. Sanchez has been a bit of a letdown since late last season, with the Tigers going 3-7 against the moneyline in his previous 10 starts.

Weather Watch

* Fans at Camden Yards may welcome the wind Saturday, with gusts out to center field expected to exceed 15 mph for Baltimore's showdown with Houston (+152, 8.5). Baltimore went 13-4 while teams combined to average nearly 9.5 runs per game under similar conditions last season.

Umpire Note of the Day

Over is 12-1 in umpire Adrian Johnson's last 13 games behind home plate. Johnson will call balls and strikes at the Rogers Centre as the Blue Jays (-115, 9.5) entertain the Los Angeles Angels.

Comment

Working...
                              X