Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday's Trends and Indexes - 5/2 (MLB, NBA, NHL, Misc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's Trends and Indexes - 5/2 (MLB, NBA, NHL, Misc.)

Trends and Indexes

Friday, May 2

Good Luck on day #122 of 2014!

At this time, the sports menu in this thread consists of MLB, NBA, and NHL until their seasons are played out. Also, general sports news and notes will be posted.

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

MLB Matchups

MLB Previews

MLB Hot or Not

MLB Umpires

MLB Trends

MLB Weather

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

-- Saturday will be the first time ever the NBA will have three Game 7's on the same day.

-- As if this story couldn't get stranger, New York Post is reporting that Donald Sterling has prostate cancer.

-- Southern Miss hired former Nebraska coach Doc Sadler as its new basketball coach; good hire for the Golden Eagles.

-- Former Colts' GM Bill Polian thinks the Browns want Johnny Manziel.

-- Duke-Wisconsin will be the best ACC-Big 14 challenge game in December.

-- Rough day in Boston, with Bruins losing in OT and Red Sox getting swept in a doubleheader by Tampa Bay.

Armadillo: Friday's List of 13: Random stuff with the weekend here......

13) Most surprising to me about baseball’s instant replay isa lack of clarity of when the first baseman actually has the ball on close plays on ground balls. Never dawned on me that this would become an issue, but I think everyone is getting the hang of it and there have been less screw-ups the last week or so, at least in the games I’ve watched, and I watch a lot of them.

12) That said, I’m not a fan of the manager walking out to the ump to stall for time as his henchmen decide whether to challenge the call. Seems like an NFL-like flag system would be better, but that’s just me. I am not missing manager/umpire arguments- never thought they added anything to the game, other than a chance for losing managers to vent their frustrations at a stationary target.

11) Jon Gruden was very, very enthusiastic about Fresno State’s Derek Carr as a QB prospect, much moreso than Johnny Manziel. Have to read between the lines a little; listen to what he said to Carr, then what he didn’t say to Manziel.

10) Tremendous college hoop tournament in Brooklyn Thanksgiving week this fall; VCU, Michigan, Villanova, Oregon. Two excellent twinbills there.

9) I’m little concerned for Jameis Winston; he dodged a bullet last fall with the sexual assault incident not becoming a major problem, now he gets busted shoplifting crab legs. By itself, no big deal, but at this time last year, no one knew who he was; now he has two brushes with the law. That’s a red flag; maybe its nothing, but he needs to keep his nose clean, or this could wind up being a sad story. We’ve had enough of those lately.

8) Last bigtime basketball recruit of this year’s class was Myles Turner; he signs with Texas, pushing Rick Barnes’ team back into the preseason top 25.

7) No easy way to get from Calgary to Glens Falls, NY, but that’s where the Flames are supposedly moving their AHL farm club to. Glens Falls has a 6,500-seat arena that is excellent for minor league hockey; it is Jimmer Fredette’s hometown and 45 miles north of Armadillo World HQ. Devils have a farm team in Albany, so that’s a natural rivalry right there.

6) Had no idea there is a statue of Mary Tyler Moore in downtown Minneapolis, throwing her hat in the air like she did at the start of every Mary Tyler Moore Show back in the 70’s. Pretty cool.

5) CJ Wilson is invaluable to an Angel team that lacks pitching depth; in his first six starts, Wilson threw 114-120-116-111-111-117 pitches. He gets deep in games, taking the strain off a shaky bullpen.

4) Over the last 145 years that people have kept track of this stuff, Wednesday was the 10th-rainiest day in history of NYC’s Central Park. That’s a lot of rain.

3) Brad Underwood is staying at Stephen F Austin; he turned down a couple of C-USA jobs, at Southern Miss/Marshall. Will be interested to see how long he stays at SFA, whether they’re moving up to a better league or if he is just waiting for a higher-profile team than one in C-USA to hire him.

2) Atlanta Braves have been shut out the last three times Alex Wood pitched. I’ll say this about the NL East; no easy outs there right now, except maybe when Miami is on the road. Marlins are playing really well at home.

1) MGM Grand is building a 20,000-seat sports arena in Las Vegas; do they think they can get an NBA or NHL team? I don’t know if they can or can’t, but it would be very interesting if they did. Utah Jazz played some home games in Vegas in the 80’s, before the Malone/Stockton days.

Comment

Kentucky Derby betting: Horse-by-horse preview and picks

A lot of has been made about how poorly the favorites have done in the Kentucky Derby but the numbers are a bit misleading. From 1980 to 1999 not one chalk won the “Run for the Roses”.

Since then, however, the favorite has won the first leg of the Triple Crown five times (36 percent) including last year when Orb went off as the lukewarm choice. Perhaps that's a good sign for California Chrome, a sensation from the Golden State, who drew Post 5 and was installed as the +250 top choice for Saturday's race.

Here is a look at the entire field:

1. Vicar's in Trouble (Jockey: Rosie Napravnik, 20/1)

Napravnik said that starting from Post 1 won't cause any troubles but no horse has won from there since Ferdinand in 1986. Vicar’s in Trouble won the $1 million Louisiana Derby but no female jockey has ever won the Kentucky Derby.

2. Harry's Holiday (Corey Lanerie, 50/1)

A decided long shot who has won over the strip but hasn't fared well against this type of field and has the worst Beyer speed ratings of all the entries. Lanerie's first Kentucky Derby mount.

3. Uncle Sigh (Irad Ortiz Jr., 30/1)

Named for the character in the cable TV hit "Duck Dynasty" but you have to wonder if this one will make the money that show has and more importantly, whether he can get this distance. Ortiz figures to take this one out quickly.

4. Danza (Joe Bravo, 8/1)

The first and perhaps the best of trainer Todd Pletcher's four entrants. Danza won the Arkansas Derby at 41/1 at Oaklawn and has been fantastic schooling this week. Likes to run along the rail.

5. California Chrome (Victor Espinoza, 5/2)

Many variables are working against CC, most of which is the lack of success that Cal-bred horses have had in the Kentucky Derby. But he's won four straight including the top prep, the Santa Anita Derby. Has six wins in 10 starts and deserves to be the favorite.

6. Samraat (Jose Ortiz, 15/1)

Ultra-consistent colt had his five-race winning streak snapped in the Wood last time out. Stalking style suits the race well but the distance could be his downfall.

7. We Miss Artie (Javier Castellano, 50/1)

Beat Harry's Holiday in a tight photo finish in the Spiral Stakes but has raced just twice on dirt with no success. Another Pletcher runner and the consensus feel that synthetic is his best surface.

8. General a Rod (Joel Rosario, 15/1)

Certainly a contender who could vie for the lead. Has hit the board in all five career starts, including solid prep races (Gulfstream Park Derby, Fountain of Youth and Florida Derby.) Rosario won the Derby last year.

9. Vinceremos (Joe Rocco Jr., 30/1)

If you believe in this one you have to throw out his last start when he finished last in a field of 14 in the Blue Grass Stakes. Can't see him coming back from that performance against these types.

10. Wildcat Red (Luis Saez, 15/1)

Another consistent colt who could try to go gate-to-wire. Has won four of seven starts in his career and it would be five if he wasn't disqualified once. Has not worked well this week.

11. Dance With Fate (Corey Nakatani, 20/1)

Will be flying at the finish but Nakatani has had no success in the race, winless in 16 starts. Performance on dirt is also a question.

12. Chitu (Martin Prado, 20/1)

Trained by Bob Baffert, who has won three Derbies, but the size of the field could be a problem for this one who tends to grind out a middle move. Has won three of four starts and the only horse to beat him is Candy Boy in the Robert B. Lewis Stakes.

13. Medal Count (Robby Albarado, 20/1)

Took second in the Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland just eight days after winning the Transylvania Stakes. All horses celebrate their birthdays on Jan. 1 but Medal Count actually turned three years old on Thursday and is the youngest horse in the race.

14. Tapiture (Ricardo Santana, 12/1)

No horse out of the sizzling sire Tapit has won the Kentucky Derby but this stalker has plenty of experience over this surface. Half brother to Untapable - the heavy favorite of the Kentucky Oaks - has an impressive score in the Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park.

15. Intense Holiday (John Velazquez, 12/1)

Pletcher-Velazquez combo is always a threat. Won the Risen Star Stakes and was second to Vicar's in Trouble in the Louisiana Derby. Velazquez won the Derby in 2011 with Animal Kingdom and Orb won wearing No. 16 last year.

16. Commanding Curve (Shaun Bridgmohan, 50/1)

Owns just a maiden win in six starts and could carry the longest odds of any horse in the field. Bright spot is the post won't hurt because he starts slowly but No. 17 has never won a Kentucky Derby.

17. Candy Boy (Gary Stevens, 15/1)

Gets the legendary jock and was third to California Chrome and Hoppertunity – a scratch from Saturday’s field - in the Santa Anita Derby. Stevens has three Kentucky Derby victories and Candy Boy's speed figures suggest he can't cut it but I give him more than a puncher’s chance.

18. Ride On Curlin (Calvin Borel, 15/1)

Borel will have a lot of work to do to get this one to the rail from post No. 19. Is the son of Curlin, who was third in the Kentucky Derby in 2007, and is too good not to make some noise in this event.

19. Wicked Strong (Rajiv Maragh, 6/1)

The lightly-raced colt flashed his great late speed winning the Wood Memorial, which was one of the most impressive performances on the road to the Kentucky Derby. Big Brown won the Derby from post No. 20.

20. Pablo Del Monte (Jeffrey Sanchez, 50/1)

Drew in after Hoppertunity, who was the morning line second choice was scratched on Friday. A decided long shot who has some early speed and ran a solid race in the Bluegrass.

Picks:
      California Chrome, Candy Boy, Danza.

Comment

NBA
        Dunkel

San Antonio at Dallas
        The Spurs look to close out the series and come into tonight's contest with a 7-3 ATS record in their last 10 games in Dallas. San Antonio is the pick (-3) according to Dunkel, which has the Spurs favored by 5. Dunkel Pick: San Antonio (-3). Here are all of today's playoff picks.

FRIDAY, MAY 2

Game 531-532: Toronto at Brooklyn (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 120.982; Brooklyn 122.920
        Dunkel Line & Total: Brooklyn by 2; 195
        Vegas Line & Total: Brooklyn by 5; 191
        Dunkel Pick: Toronto (+5); Over

Game 533-534: San Antonio at Dallas (8:00 p.m. EST)
        Dunkel Ratings: San Antonio 128.417; Dallas 123.237
        Dunkel Line & Total: San Antonio by 5; 193
        Vegas Line & Total: San Antonio 3; 198 1/2
        Dunkel Pick: San Antonio (-3); Under

Game 535-536: Houston at Portland (10:30 p.m. EST)
        Dunkel Ratings: Houston 121.141; Portland 125.975
        Dunkel Line & Total: Portland by 5; 218
        Vegas Line & Total: Portland by 3 1/2; 213
        Dunkel Pick: Portland (-3 1/2); Over

NBA
        Long Sheet

Friday, May 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO (51 - 36) at BROOKLYN (46 - 41) - 5/2/2014, 7:05 PM
        There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
        TORONTO is 8-7 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
        BROOKLYN is 9-8 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
        9 of 17 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

SAN ANTONIO (65 - 22) at DALLAS (51 - 36) - 5/2/2014, 8:05 PM

SAN ANTONIO is 9-8 against the spread versus DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
        SAN ANTONIO is 13-4 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
        10 of 17 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

HOUSTON (56 - 31) at PORTLAND (57 - 30) - 5/2/2014, 10:35 PM

HOUSTON is 10-5 against the spread versus PORTLAND over the last 3 seasons
        HOUSTON is 10-6 straight up against PORTLAND over the last 3 seasons
        13 of 16 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NBA
        Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, May 2

All five Toronto-Brooklyn games were decided by 8 or less points, with three of last four going over total. DeRozan scored 30-30-24-23 points in last four games, but is just 32-88 from floor in series. Toronto was +9 in turnovers last two games; they're -16 (75-59) in series. Brooklyn lost seven of last ten games; they rallied back from 26 down in Game 5, fell point short. Underdogs are 4-0-1 vs spread so far in this series.

Dallas lost 12 of last 14 games vs Spurs, but they've covered all five in this series and last six games overall, covering last two games by half a point each. Underdogs covered last eight Dallas games. Three of last four series games went over total; over is 25-18 in Maverick home games this season, 24-19 in SA road games. Spurs covered once in their last seven games as a favorite. Four of five series games were decided by 6 or less.

Three of five Rocket-Blazer games went OT; Aldridge scored 29+ in all three Portland wins, was held to 23-9 in losses. Portland won 11 of last 15 games. Underdogs covered four of five series tilts; 11 of last 12 series games also went over, helped by OTs. Harden is 41-118 from floor this series, not good for Rockets. Portland is 19-24 vs spread at home, 2-5 in last seven games as the favorite. Over is 24-18 in Rocket road games.

NBA

Friday, May 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 PM
        TORONTO vs. BROOKLYN
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto's last 6 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto's last 7 games when playing Brooklyn
        Brooklyn is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
        Brooklyn is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home

8:00 PM
        SAN ANTONIO vs. DALLAS
        San Antonio is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Dallas
        San Antonio is 12-2 SU in its last 14 games when playing Dallas
        Dallas is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas's last 6 games

10:30 PM
        HOUSTON vs. PORTLAND
        Houston is 6-1-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Portland
        Houston is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
        The total has gone OVER in 7 of Portland's last 8 games
        Portland is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games

NBA

Friday, May 2

Game of the Day: Rockets at Trail Blazers

Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers (-3.5, 213.5)

Portland leads series 3-2.

The Houston Rockets staved off elimination and attempt to even the Western Conference first-round series at 3-3 when they visit the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday. The Rockets thrived with their season on the line in Game 5 and avoided the late-game breakdowns that hurt them earlier in the series while posting a 108-98 victory on Wednesday. Now the Trail Blazers feel the urgency to wrap up the series at home to keep from having to travel back to Houston for a Game 7.

The Rockets held Portland star LaMarcus Aldridge to eight points while being highly intent on keeping their season going. “I don’t want to go on vacation,” Houston center Dwight Howard told reporters after Game 5. “I want to win. I want to give everything I’ve got. Every night, put my heart into it and sacrifice my body and do whatever I can to help this team win.” The Trail Blazers are trying to halt a streak of six straight first-round exits that dates back to 2000. “We’ve been good at home all year and now we’ll go back home and take care of business,” Aldridge told reporters.

TV:
        10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, CSN Houston, KGW (Portland)

LINE HISTORY:
        The line opened at Portland -3.5 with a total of 213, but the total quickly moved half a point to 213.5.

INJURY REPORT:
        N/A

WHY BET THE ROCKETS:
        Starting point guard Patrick Beverley was limited in Game 5 due to an illness and Jeremy Lin stepped up to have his best performance of the series. Lin had 21 points on 9-of-15 shooting as he rebounded from a poor Game 4 performance that included a costly turnover late in regulation. “I just tried to be aggressive,” Lin told reporters. “I felt like I needed to be more of a spark for the team. I hadn’t done a great job of that in this series so I just tried to come out as aggressive as I can be.” Howard has been Houston’s best player of the series, posting five straight double-doubles while averaging 26 points, 14.2 rebounds and three blocks.

WHY BET THE TRAIL BLAZERS:
        Aldridge averaged 35.3 points over the first four games – including outings of 46 and 43 points to begin the series – before being a complete nonfactor in Game 5. Houston’s lineup switch to Omer Asik from Terrence Jones has allowed Howard to guard Aldridge more often and the results were even better than what Houston expected. Aldridge, who was 3-of-12 shooting, bristled over the notion that Howard silenced him. “The ball didn’t come to me as much,” Aldridge told reporters. “Our guys were making shots and we were playing off them and that’s how the game went. It wasn’t about how Dwight guarded me or anything like that.”

TRENDS:

* Over is 6-0 in the last six meetings in Portland.
        * Rockets are 7-1-1 ATS in the last nine meetings in Portland.
        * Over is 13-3 in the last 16 meetings.
        * Rockets are 11-5-1 ATS in the last 17 meetings.

CONSENSUS:
        54 percent of bets are on Portland -3.5 while 67 percent are on Over 213.5

Comment

NHL
          Dunkel

NY Rangers at Pittsburgh
          The Rangers advanced with a 2-1 win over the Flyers and come into tonight's opener with a 4-0 record in their last 4 games after scoring 2 goals or less in the previous game. New York is the pick (+130) according to Dunkel, which has the Rangers favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: NY Rangers (+130). Here are all of today's playoff picks.

FRIDAY, MAY 2

Game 3-4: NY Rangers at Pittsburgh (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: NY Rangers 12.254; Pittsburgh 11.303
          Dunkel Line & Total: NY Rangers by 1; 4
          Vegas Line & Total: Pittsburgh (-150); 5
          Dunkel Pick: NY Rangers (+130); Under

Game 5-6: Minnesota at Chicago (9:30 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota 11.778; Chicago 13.322
          Dunkel Line & Total: Chicago by 1 1/2; 6
          Vegas Line & Total: Chicago (-200); 5
          Dunkel Pick: Chicago (-200); Over

NHL
          Long Sheet

Friday, May 2

NY RANGERS (49-34-0-6, 104 pts.) at PITTSBURGH (55-24-0-9, 119 pts.) - 5/2/2014, 7:05 PM
          Top Trends for this game.
          NY RANGERS are 16-24 ATS (-11.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
          PITTSBURGH is 63-83 ATS (-33.7 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less since 1996.
          PITTSBURGH is 61-86 ATS (-41.7 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest since 1996.
          PITTSBURGH is 15-20 ATS (-15.6 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game this season.

PITTSBURGH is 10-5 (+3.6 Units) against the spread versus NY RANGERS over the last 3 seasons
          PITTSBURGH is 10-5-0 straight up against NY RANGERS over the last 3 seasons
          9 of 14 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+3.0 Units)

MINNESOTA (47-28-0-14, 108 pts.) at CHICAGO (50-21-0-17, 117 pts.) - 5/2/2014, 9:35 PM
          MINNESOTA is 6-20 ATS (+31.4 Units) in road games after a division game over the last 3 seasons.
          CHICAGO is 28-7 ATS (+16.2 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
          CHICAGO is 21-4 ATS (+14.6 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
          MINNESOTA is 27-20 ATS (+6.6 Units) second half of the season this season.
          MINNESOTA is 25-14 ATS (+10.6 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
          CHICAGO is 22-24 ATS (-22.8 Units) second half of the season this season.
          CHICAGO is 52-62 ATS (-33.6 Units) in home games on Friday nights since 1996.

CHICAGO is 10-7-0 straight up against MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
          9 of 15 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.1 Units)

NHL
          Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, May 2

Rangers won Game 7 at home Wednesday, Penguins haven't played since Monday. Rangers split four games with Pitt this year, after Penguins won eight of previous nine games in series. All four meetings this year went over total. Rangers lost five of last six visits here- they won every other game in Philly series; NY is 27-17 on road, losing last two games at Philly in last round. Pittsburgh is 31-13 at home this year; five of their six games with Columbus ended in a 4-3 final score- six of their last eight games went over total.

Minnesota won Game 7 in OT Denver Wednesday, Chicago last played Sunday, winning last four games with St Louis after losing Games 1-2 in OT. Wild was 3-2 vs Chicago this season, splitting pair here- they've lost seven of last nine visits here, losing in five games to Hawks in LY's playoffs. Over is 4-1-1 in last six series games. Minnesota is 21-24 on road, has to be little tired after playing OT game in altitude Wednesday. Chicago is 32-12 at home this year, winning all three home games in St Louis series.

NHL

Friday, May 2

Trend Report

7:00 PM
          NY RANGERS vs. PITTSBURGH
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Rangers last 6 games on the road
          NY Rangers are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
          Pittsburgh is 10-3 SU in their last 13 games when playing NY Rangers
          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh's last 6 games

9:30 PM
          MINNESOTA vs. CHICAGO
          Minnesota is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Chicago
          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing Chicago
          The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chicago's last 8 games when playing at home against Minnesota
          Chicago is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing Minnesota

NHL

Friday, May 2

Three big betting trends for the second round of the NHL playoffs

With the pool of 16 postseason teams now whittled down to eight, bettors will be looking for any trend they can take advantage of heading into the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Taking a look at some of the recent second-round results, here are some patterns that have emerged as we prepare to kick off the round of eight:

Under Takes Over

Most fans will acknowledge that goal scoring generally begins to dry up as the Stanley Cup tournament reaches the second round, and totals are often adjusted to reflect the increased reliance on defense and aversion to risk-taking. Yet, aside from a bizarre stretch during the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs, Under bettors have reaped the benefits in the round of eight. The 2011 second round finished 11-9-1 O/U, thanks in large part to a 9-0-1 outlier from May 3-8. But 2012 saw that number drop to 7-11-3 O/U. The Under trend was even more pronounced last season, as teams went 7-13-4 O/U in Round 2.

Home Ownership

Betting on home favorites in the Stanley Cup playoffs is often a risky proposition. They usually don't pay out well and with the league trending toward greater parity, it's a major gamble. Despite the perceived increase in balance between teams, second-round home faves have steadily become more dominant over the years. Home favorites have improved from a modest 9-8 record in 2011 to an 11-7 mark in 2012 and an eye-popping 17-2 last season. It will be interesting to see if this particular trend continues into 2014, or if last year was an exception.

Penalty Killing the Key

While the number of power plays per game doesn't drop significantly from Rounds 1 to 2, what teams do with their opportunities plays a major role in whether they advance to the conference finals. Over the past three postseasons, no team has reached the third round of the Stanley Cup playoffs with less than an 84.2-percent penalty-killing success rate in Round 2. Furthermore, the combined penalty-kill percentage of all 12 second-round teams to reach the conference finals in the past three years - 88.3 percent - would have ranked first in the NHL during the 2013-14 regular season.

Comment

MLB
            Dunkel

Arizona at San Diego
            The Padres open their series tonight against a Diamondbacks team that is 2-8 in its last 10 games as an underdog of +110 to +150. San Diego is the pick (-160) according to Dunkel, which has the Padres favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: San Diego (-160). Here are all of today's picks.

FRIDAY, MAY 2

Game 901-902: St. Louis at Chicago Cubs (2:20 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis (Wainwright) 15.912; Cubs (Wood) 14.534
            Dunkel Line: St. Louis by 1 1/2; 10
            Vegas Line: St. Louis (-175); No Run Total
            Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (-175); N/A

Game 903-904: Washington at Philadelphia (7:05 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Washington (Strasburg) 16.034; Philadelphia (Lee) 15.186
            Dunkel Line: Washington by 1; 5 1/2
            Vegas Line: Philadelphia (-115); 6 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: Washington (-105); Under

Game 905-906: Milwaukee at Cincinnati (7:10 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee (Peralta) 16.184; Cincinnati (Leake) 15.262
            Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 1; 9
            Vegas Line: Cincinnati (-125); 7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (+105); Over

Game 907-908: LA Dodgers at Miami (7:10 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: LA Dodgers (Beckett) 15.966; Miami (Koehler) 14.469
            Dunkel Line: LA Dodgers by 1 1/2; 7
            Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-135); 7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: LA Dodgers (-135); Under

Game 909-910: San Francisco at Atlanta (7:35 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Lincecum) 15.468; Atlanta (Minor) 16.150
            Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 1/2; 7
            Vegas Line: Atlanta (-150); 7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (-150); Under

Game 911-912: NY Mets at Colorado (8:40 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: NY Mets (Wheeler) 16.321; Colorado (De La Rosa) 15.386
            Dunkel Line: NY Mets by 1; 11
            Vegas Line: Colorado (-140); 9 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: NY Mets (+120); Over

Game 913-914: Arizona at San Diego (10:10 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Arizona (Arroyo) 13.921; San Diego (Cashner) 15.455
            Dunkel Line: San Diego by 1 1/2; 6
            Vegas Line: San Diego (-160); 7
            Dunkel Pick: San Diego (-160); Under

Game 915-916: Tampa Bay at NY Yankees (7:05 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Price) 14.424; NY Yankees (Nuno) 15.352
            Dunkel Line: NY Yankees by 1; 7
            Vegas Line: No Line
            Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 917-918: Chicago White Sox at Cleveland (7:05 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: White Sox (Danks) 14.945; Cleveland (Salazar) 16.326
            Dunkel Line: Cleveland by 1 1/2; 7
            Vegas Line: Cleveland (-140); 8
            Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (-140); Under

Game 919-920: Oakland at Boston (7:10 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Oakland (Straily) 15.476; Boston (Buchholz) 14.363
            Dunkel Line: Oakland by 1; 10
            Vegas Line: Boston (-125); 9
            Dunkel Pick: Oakland (+105); Over

Game 921-922: Detroit at Kansas City (7:05 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Detroit (Porcello) 14.662; Kansas City (Shields) 16.311
            Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 1 1/2; 6
            Vegas Line: Kansas City (-150); 7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: Kansas City (-150); Under

Game 923-924: Baltimore at Minnesota (8:10 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Baltimore (Jimenez) 16.092; Minnesota (Nolasco) 14.895
            Dunkel Line: Baltimore by 1; 10
            Vegas Line: Minnesota (-110); 8 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: Baltimore (-110); Over

Game 925-926: Seattle at Houston (8:10 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Seattle (Hernandez) 14.532; Houston (Peacock) 15.493
            Dunkel Line: Houston by 1; 8
            Vegas Line: Seattle (-200); 7
            Dunkel Pick: Houston (+170); Over

Game 927-928: Texas at LA Angels (10:05 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Texas (Lewis) 14.316; LA Angels (Santiago) 15.691
            Dunkel Line: LA Angels by 1 1/2; 8
            Vegas Line: LA Angels (-140); 9
            Dunkel Pick: LA Angels (-140); Under

Game 929-930: Toronto at Pittsburgh (7:05 p.m. EST)
            Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Morrow) 14.794; Pittsburgh (Cole) 16.291
            Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1 1/2; 6
            Vegas Line: Pittsburgh (-140); 7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (-140); Under

Comment

MLB
              Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, May 2

Hot pitchers
              -- Wainwright is 4-0, 1.24 in his last four starts; he's thrown 25 consecutive scoreless innings.
              -- Lee is 2-2, 2.25 in his last five starts. Strasburg is 1-0, 1.38 in his last couple starts.
              -- Peralta is 3-1, 3.04 in his last four starts.
              -- Beckett is 0-0, 1.00 in his last three starts. Koehler is 2-2, 2.97 in five starts this season.
              -- Wheeler is 1-0, 2.95 in his last three starts. de la Rosa is 2-0, 1.50 in his last two starts.
              -- Cashner is 2-0, 1.21 in three home starts.

-- Danks is 2-1, 3.38 in his last four starts.
              -- Shields is 3-0, 2.14 in his last three starts.

-- Cole has a 1.20 RA in his last couple starts.

Cold pitchers
              -- Wood is 1-2, 4.08 in his last three starts.
              -- Leake is 1-1, 4.79 in his last three starts.
              -- Lincecum is 1-1, 6.31 in five starts. Minor is making first '14 start; he was 1-1, 2.19 in his last two starts LY.
              -- Arroyo is 0-2, 9.39 in his last three starts.

-- Price is 1-2, 7.65 in his last three starts. Nuno is 0-0, 2.89 in two starts, throwing total of only 9.1 IP in two games.
              -- Salazar is 0-3, 7.32 in his last four starts.
              -- Buchholz is 1-2, 7.71 in five starts. Straily is 0-0, 7.20 in his last three.
              -- Porcello has a 4.91 RA in his last three starts.
              -- Jimenez is 0-4, 6.59 in five starts for Baltimore. Nolasco is 2-2, 6.67 in five starts this season.
              -- Hernnadez is 0-1, 4.50 in his last three starts. Peacock is 0-1, 6.30 in two starts this season.
              -- Santiago is 0-4, 5.13 in five starts this season. Lewis is 1-1, 4.60 in his three starts this season.

-- Morrow is 0-1, 6.75 in his last three starts.

Pitchers allowing runs in first inning:
              -- Wainwright 1-6; Wood 1-5
              -- Strasburg 2-6; Lee 1-6
              -- Peralta 0-5; Leake 1-5
              -- Beckett 1-4; Koehler 0-5
              -- Lincecum 3-5; Minor 0-0
              -- Wheeler 2-5; de la Rosa 2-6
              -- Arroyo 2-5; Cashner 1-6

-- Price 2-6; Nuno 1-2
              -- Danks 2-5; Salazar 1-5
              -- Straily 4-5; Buchholz 3-5
              -- Porcello 3-4; Shields 1-6
              -- Jimenez 2-5; Nolasco 0-5
              -- Hernandez 1-6; Peacock 1-2
              -- Lewis 1-3; Santiago 1-5

-- Morrow 1-5; Cole 1-5

Totals
              -- Eight of last eleven games at Wrigley Field went over.
              -- Eight of eleven Washington road games went over.
              -- Five of last seven Cincinnati home games went over.
              -- Six of last eight Dodger games went over the total.
              -- Five of last six Atlanta home games stayed under.
              -- Six of last eight Colorado games went over total.
              -- Under is 5-0-1 in San Diego's last six home games. Over is 9-4 in Arizona's last thirteen road games.

-- Four of last five Pittsburgh home games stayed under.

-- Eight of last eleven Bronx home games stayed under; 11 of last 14 Tampa Bay games went over.
              -- Four of last five White Sox road games went over.
              -- Six of last eight games at Fenway Park went over.
              -- Four of last five Detroit road games stayed under. Four of Lansas City's last five home games went over.
              -- Eight of last nine Baltimore road games went over.
              -- Last three Houston games stayed under the total; four of last five Seattle tilts went over.
              -- Nine of eleven Angel home games went over total.

Hot teams
              -- Reds won four of their last five home games.
              -- Nationals won four of their last five games.
              -- Dodgers won 11 of their 14 road games. Miami won five of its last six home games.
              -- Giants won six of their last seven games.
              -- Colorado won six of its last eight home games. Mets won seven of their last ten games overall.

-- A's won 12 of their 16 road games.
              -- Detroit won four of its last five games. Royals won three of last four.
              -- Orioles won six of their last nine games.
              -- Mariners won five of their last six games.
              -- Angels won their last four home games.

Cold teams
              -- Cubs lost five of their last seven games. St Louis lost five of its last seven on the road.
              -- Phillies lost three of their last four home games.
              -- Milwaukee lost three of its last five games.
              -- Braves lost last three games, but won eight of last nine at home.
              -- Arizona lost four of its last five games. Padres are 4-7 in their last 11.

-- Pirates lost ten of their last twelve games. Toronto lost six of its last eight.

-- Bronx is 5-6 in its last eleven games.
              -- Indians lost their last six games, but won four of last five at home. White Sox are 5-8 on the road.
              -- Red Sox lost five of their last seven home games.
              -- Minnesota lost four of its last five games.
              -- Astros lost eleven of their last fourteen home games.
              -- Rangers lost five of their last six games.

Comment

MLB

Friday, May 2

Trend Report

2:20 PM
                ST. LOUIS vs. CHI CUBS
                The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis's last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
                St. Louis is 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing Chi Cubs
                Chi Cubs are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games
                The total has gone OVER in 8 of Chi Cubs's last 11 games at home

7:05 PM
                TORONTO vs. PITTSBURGH
                Toronto is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
                Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
                Pittsburgh is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
                The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games at home

WASHINGTON vs. PHILADELPHIA
                The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington's last 7 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
                Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia's last 7 games when playing at home against Washington
                The total has gone OVER in 12 of Philadelphia's last 17 games at home

CHI WHITE SOX vs. CLEVELAND
                Chi White Sox are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
                The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
                Cleveland is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland's last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox

TAMPA BAY vs. NY YANKEES
                Tampa Bay is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games on the road
                Tampa Bay is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
                NY Yankees are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games at home
                The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees's last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay

7:10 PM
                LA DODGERS vs. MIAMI
                The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games on the road
                LA Dodgers are 9-2 SU in their last 11 games on the road
                Miami is 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
                Miami is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games

MILWAUKEE vs. CINCINNATI
                The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee's last 6 games
                Milwaukee is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
                The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cincinnati's last 8 games when playing Milwaukee
                The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Cincinnati's last 24 games at home

OAKLAND vs. BOSTON
                The total has gone OVER in 16 of Oakland's last 19 games when playing on the road against Boston
                Oakland is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games when playing on the road against Boston
                Boston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
                Boston is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games when playing at home against Oakland

7:35 PM
                SAN FRANCISCO vs. ATLANTA
                The total has gone UNDER in 11 of San Francisco's last 15 games
                San Francisco is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
                The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Atlanta's last 18 games when playing at home against San Francisco
                The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta's last 6 games at home

8:10 PM
                DETROIT vs. KANSAS CITY
                The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit's last 7 games when playing Kansas City
                Detroit is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City's last 5 games at home
                Kansas City is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home

SEATTLE vs. HOUSTON
                Seattle is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Seattle's last 9 games on the road
                Houston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Seattle
                Houston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Seattle

BALTIMORE vs. MINNESOTA
                The total has gone OVER in 7 of Baltimore's last 10 games
                Baltimore is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games when playing Minnesota
                The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing Baltimore
                Minnesota is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games when playing Baltimore

8:40 PM
                NY METS vs. COLORADO
                The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets's last 5 games when playing Colorado
                NY Mets are 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Colorado
                Colorado is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
                Colorado is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing NY Mets

10:05 PM
                TEXAS vs. LA ANGELS
                The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas's last 6 games
                Texas is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing LA Angels
                LA Angels are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games
                The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 5 games when playing at home against Texas

10:10 PM
                ARIZONA vs. SAN DIEGO
                Arizona is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against San Diego
                The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing San Diego
                San Diego is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
                The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games

Comment

Misfire. Hit the wrong button........ again!

Comment

MLB
                    Long Sheet

Friday, May 2

ST LOUIS (15 - 14) at CHICAGO CUBS (9 - 17) - 2:20 PM
                    ADAM WAINWRIGHT (R) vs. TRAVIS WOOD (L)
                    ST LOUIS is 24-31 (-15.4 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                    ST LOUIS is 4-10 (-8.5 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
                    WAINWRIGHT is 33-14 (+16.5 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 75-114 (-22.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 36-59 (-24.3 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 4-18 (-14.0 Units) against the money line when playing with a day off over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 31-63 (-22.2 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 34-61 (-23.8 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 75-114 (-22.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 49-89 (-33.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 23-51 (-26.3 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHICAGO CUBS are 34-67 (-19.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                    WOOD is 17-31 (-18.5 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997. (Team's Record)
                    WOOD is 4-14 (-10.9 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    WOOD is 17-31 (-18.5 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field since 1997. (Team's Record)

ST LOUIS is 2-1 (+0.6 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
                    3 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.0 Units)

ADAM WAINWRIGHT vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
                    WAINWRIGHT is 9-6 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 4.28 and a WHIP of 1.290.
                    His team's record is 14-9 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 11-10. (+0.4 units)

TRAVIS WOOD vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
                    WOOD is 3-5 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 5.16 and a WHIP of 1.492.
                    His team's record is 4-7 (-1.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-5. (-1.7 units)

WASHINGTON (16 - 12) at PHILADELPHIA (13 - 13) - 7:05 PM
                    STEPHEN STRASBURG (R) vs. CLIFF LEE (L)
                    PHILADELPHIA is 167-183 (-36.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                    PHILADELPHIA is 20-28 (-20.2 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 7 or less over the last 3 seasons.
                    PHILADELPHIA is 56-60 (-20.5 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                    PHILADELPHIA is 41-57 (-27.1 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
                    LEE is 31-34 (-18.9 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)
                    LEE is 6-14 (-15.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

STEPHEN STRASBURG vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
                    STRASBURG is 2-1 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 2.65 and a WHIP of 0.777.
                    His team's record is 4-2 (+1.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-2. (+2.0 units)

CLIFF LEE vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
                    LEE is 6-4 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 2.87 and a WHIP of 1.123.
                    His team's record is 6-5 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 7-4. (+2.5 units)

MILWAUKEE (20 - 9) at CINCINNATI (13 - 15) - 7:10 PM
                    WILY PERALTA (R) vs. MIKE LEAKE (R)
                    MILWAUKEE is 6-23 (-18.9 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
                    MILWAUKEE is 20-9 (+12.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                    MILWAUKEE is 16-7 (+11.1 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 2 seasons.
                    MILWAUKEE is 11-3 (+10.9 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
                    MILWAUKEE is 20-9 (+12.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                    MILWAUKEE is 69-59 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                    MILWAUKEE is 73-68 (+12.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                    CINCINNATI is 336-363 (-95.1 Units) against the money line in home games after a win since 1997.

CINCINNATI is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
                    1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

WILY PERALTA vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
                    PERALTA is 1-3 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 3.86 and a WHIP of 1.315.
                    His team's record is 1-5 (-3.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-2. (+1.5 units)

MIKE LEAKE vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
                    LEAKE is 1-0 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 4.55 and a WHIP of 1.295.
                    His team's record is 2-3 (-1.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-3. (-1.1 units)

LA DODGERS (17 - 12) at MIAMI (14 - 14) - 7:10 PM
                    JOSH BECKETT (R) vs. TOM KOEHLER (R)
                    BECKETT is 2-10 (-9.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    BECKETT is 4-14 (-11.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    BECKETT is 2-10 (-9.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    BECKETT is 1-8 (-8.3 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    MIAMI is 12-4 (+8.0 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
                    MIAMI is 12-4 (+8.0 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
                    LA DODGERS are 44-27 (+18.0 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                    MIAMI is 92-148 (-42.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.

JOSH BECKETT vs. MIAMI since 1997
                    BECKETT is 0-1 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 5.14 and a WHIP of 1.000.
                    His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

TOM KOEHLER vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
                    KOEHLER is 0-1 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 3.60 and a WHIP of 1.600.
                    His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-0. (+0.0 units)

SAN FRANCISCO (17 - 11) at ATLANTA (17 - 10) - 7:35 PM
                    TIM LINCECUM (R) vs. MIKE MINOR (L)
                    SAN FRANCISCO is 54-66 (-20.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                    LINCECUM is 2-10 (-10.2 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    ATLANTA is 66-29 (+21.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                    ATLANTA is 66-29 (+21.2 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    ATLANTA is 87-40 (+26.9 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                    ATLANTA is 25-5 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                    ATLANTA is 38-23 (+15.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                    LINCECUM is 14-4 (+10.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

TIM LINCECUM vs. ATLANTA since 1997
                    LINCECUM is 8-6 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 2.70 and a WHIP of 1.136.
                    His team's record is 8-6 (+1.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 10-4. (+5.6 units)

MIKE MINOR vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
                    MINOR is 2-0 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 2.92 and a WHIP of 0.892.
                    His team's record is 3-1 (+2.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+1.9 units)

NY METS (15 - 12) at COLORADO (17 - 13) - 8:40 PM
                    ZACK WHEELER (R) vs. JORGE DE LA ROSA (L)
                    COLORADO is 20-10 (+13.2 Units) against the money line when playing on Friday over the last 2 seasons.
                    DE LA ROSA is 24-12 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    DE LA ROSA is 14-2 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    DE LA ROSA is 10-1 (+8.8 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    DE LA ROSA is 13-2 (+12.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Friday since 1997. (Team's Record)
                    DE LA ROSA is 24-11 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    DE LA ROSA is 8-0 (+8.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    NY METS are 27-17 (+15.1 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 3 seasons.
                    NY METS are 48-44 (+22.1 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                    NY METS are 48-44 (+22.1 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    NY METS are 25-20 (+12.5 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                    WHEELER is 8-3 (+8.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    WHEELER is 8-3 (+8.9 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    COLORADO is 36-53 (-20.9 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against NY METS this season
                    1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.1 Units)

ZACK WHEELER vs. COLORADO since 1997
                    No recent starts.

JORGE DE LA ROSA vs. NY METS since 1997
                    DE LA ROSA is 3-1 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 3.96 and a WHIP of 1.400.
                    His team's record is 3-1 (+1.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (+0.1 units)

ARIZONA (9 - 22) at SAN DIEGO (13 - 16) - 10:10 PM
                    BRONSON ARROYO (R) vs. ANDREW CASHNER (R)
                    ARIZONA is 9-22 (-14.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                    ARIZONA is 42-55 (-15.3 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
                    ARIZONA is 9-22 (-14.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                    ARROYO is 6-14 (-10.3 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

BRONSON ARROYO vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
                    ARROYO is 7-7 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 3.99 and a WHIP of 1.330.
                    His team's record is 8-8 (-0.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 8-5. (+2.7 units)

ANDREW CASHNER vs. ARIZONA since 1997
                    CASHNER is 2-0 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 3.70 and a WHIP of 1.069.
                    His team's record is 5-0 (+5.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-0. (+5.1 units)

TAMPA BAY (13 - 16) at NY YANKEES (15 - 12) - 7:05 PM
                    DAVID PRICE (L) vs. VIDAL NUNO (L)

NY YANKEES is 2-2 (+0.9 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
                    3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

DAVID PRICE vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
                    PRICE is 9-5 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 3.92 and a WHIP of 1.278.
                    His team's record is 13-8 (+5.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 14-6. (+7.8 units)

VIDAL NUNO vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
                    NUNO is 0-0 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 1.64 and a WHIP of 1.000.
                    His team's record is 2-0 (+2.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.1 units)

CHI WHITE SOX (14 - 15) at CLEVELAND (11 - 17) - 7:05 PM
                    JOHN DANKS (L) vs. DANNY SALAZAR (R)
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 77-114 (-29.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 31-56 (-21.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 31-63 (-22.7 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 7-22 (-17.5 Units) against the money line when playing on Friday over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 75-109 (-27.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 40-71 (-26.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 31-46 (-18.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
                    DANKS is 4-19 (-18.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Friday since 1997. (Team's Record)
                    DANKS is 0-10 (-10.3 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    DANKS is 1-10 (-10.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    CLEVELAND is 103-88 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                    CLEVELAND is 25-12 (+12.9 Units) against the money line in home games in May games over the last 3 seasons.
                    CLEVELAND is 61-29 (+27.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
                    CHI WHITE SOX are 500-521 (+37.3 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.

CHI WHITE SOX is 3-1 (+2.2 Units) against CLEVELAND this season
                    3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.8 Units)

JOHN DANKS vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
                    DANKS is 5-9 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 5.04 and a WHIP of 1.376.
                    His team's record is 8-11 (-3.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 8-10. (-3.0 units)

DANNY SALAZAR vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
                    SALAZAR is 1-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 4.97 and a WHIP of 1.657.
                    His team's record is 2-1 (+0.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

OAKLAND (18 - 10) at BOSTON (13 - 16) - 7:10 PM
                    DANIEL STRAILY (R) vs. CLAY BUCHHOLZ (R)
                    BOSTON is 57-27 (+25.4 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                    BUCHHOLZ is 19-6 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    BUCHHOLZ is 27-12 (+13.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    BUCHHOLZ is 9-1 (+8.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    OAKLAND is 116-79 (+23.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                    OAKLAND is 57-42 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                    OAKLAND is 113-75 (+24.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    OAKLAND is 38-22 (+18.8 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                    OAKLAND is 139-96 (+43.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                    OAKLAND is 70-45 (+17.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                    OAKLAND is 101-60 (+28.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
                    BOSTON is 42-45 (-18.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                    BOSTON is 166-163 (-31.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
                    BOSTON is 64-64 (-21.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
                    BOSTON is 6-13 (-10.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.

DANIEL STRAILY vs. BOSTON since 1997
                    No recent starts.

CLAY BUCHHOLZ vs. OAKLAND since 1997
                    BUCHHOLZ is 2-2 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 7.90 and a WHIP of 2.231.
                    His team's record is 3-3 (-1.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-1. (+4.0 units)

DETROIT (14 - 9) at KANSAS CITY (14 - 13) - 8:10 PM
                    RICK PORCELLO (R) vs. JAMES SHIELDS (R)
                    DETROIT is 91-93 (-23.0 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
                    DETROIT is 27-30 (-18.8 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 3 seasons.
                    DETROIT is 53-102 (-38.9 Units) against the money line in road games when playing with a day off since 1997.
                    DETROIT is 83-87 (-24.1 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
                    DETROIT is 60-52 (-22.3 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                    KANSAS CITY is 46-35 (+17.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                    KANSAS CITY is 8-21 (-15.8 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
                    1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

RICK PORCELLO vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
                    PORCELLO is 6-3 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 4.55 and a WHIP of 1.326.
                    His team's record is 10-5 (+3.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-10. (-8.8 units)

JAMES SHIELDS vs. DETROIT since 1997
                    SHIELDS is 6-3 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 4.13 and a WHIP of 1.327.
                    His team's record is 10-5 (+5.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-8. (-2.3 units)

BALTIMORE (14 - 12) at MINNESOTA (12 - 14) - 8:10 PM
                    UBALDO JIMENEZ (R) vs. RICKY NOLASCO (R)
                    NOLASCO is 12-4 (+11.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    BALTIMORE is 196-161 (+42.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                    BALTIMORE is 80-63 (+19.8 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                    BALTIMORE is 95-85 (+31.4 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
                    BALTIMORE is 179-137 (+45.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
                    BALTIMORE is 132-111 (+25.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
                    BALTIMORE is 140-111 (+37.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                    MINNESOTA is 69-107 (-32.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
                    MINNESOTA is 7-21 (-14.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Friday over the last 3 seasons.
                    MINNESOTA is 69-107 (-32.9 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
                    MINNESOTA is 48-77 (-25.9 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                    MINNESOTA is 20-38 (-15.4 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                    MINNESOTA is 33-71 (-19.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                    NOLASCO is 32-44 (-20.1 Units) against the money line in home games in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)

UBALDO JIMENEZ vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
                    JIMENEZ is 3-3 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 2.90 and a WHIP of 1.240.
                    His team's record is 3-3 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-1. (+3.9 units)

RICKY NOLASCO vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
                    NOLASCO is 2-1 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.190.
                    His team's record is 2-1 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.3 units)

SEATTLE (12 - 14) at HOUSTON (9 - 19) - 8:10 PM
                    FELIX HERNANDEZ (R) vs. BRAD PEACOCK (R)
                    SEATTLE is 2-9 (-9.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                    HERNANDEZ is 17-28 (-17.8 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997. (Team's Record)
                    HERNANDEZ is 21-29 (-17.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    HOUSTON is 60-130 (-31.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                    HOUSTON is 70-120 (-43.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less since 1997.
                    HOUSTON is 29-68 (-29.4 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                    HOUSTON is 11-35 (-20.5 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
                    HOUSTON is 57-123 (-31.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    HOUSTON is 21-48 (-19.2 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                    HOUSTON is 37-91 (-29.3 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

HOUSTON is 2-1 (+2.8 Units) against SEATTLE this season
                    1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.2 Units, Under=-0.2 Units)

FELIX HERNANDEZ vs. HOUSTON since 1997
                    HERNANDEZ is 2-2 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 2.16 and a WHIP of 1.280.
                    His team's record is 2-2 (-1.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+2.0 units)

BRAD PEACOCK vs. SEATTLE since 1997
                    PEACOCK is 2-2 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 7.20 and a WHIP of 1.500.
                    His team's record is 2-2 (+0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.0 units)

TEXAS (15 - 13) at LA ANGELS (14 - 13) - 10:05 PM
                    COLBY LEWIS (R) vs. HECTOR SANTIAGO (L)
                    LA ANGELS are 260-191 (+49.4 Units) against the money line when playing on Friday since 1997.
                    TEXAS is 62-30 (+22.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
                    TEXAS is 39-26 (+14.1 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                    LA ANGELS are 92-97 (-22.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                    LA ANGELS are 45-48 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                    LA ANGELS are 37-51 (-26.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
                    LA ANGELS are 87-96 (-27.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                    LA ANGELS are 64-73 (-24.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                    SANTIAGO is 7-21 (-12.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                    SANTIAGO is 7-21 (-12.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

COLBY LEWIS vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
                    LEWIS is 4-4 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 4.11 and a WHIP of 1.229.
                    His team's record is 6-6 (-0.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 7-4. (+2.5 units)

HECTOR SANTIAGO vs. TEXAS since 1997
                    SANTIAGO is 1-0 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 2.32 and a WHIP of 1.029.
                    His team's record is 2-0 (+3.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.2 units)

TORONTO (13 - 15) at PITTSBURGH (10 - 18) - 7:05 PM
                    BRANDON MORROW (R) vs. GERRIT COLE (R)
                    PITTSBURGH is 25-15 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 3 seasons.
                    PITTSBURGH is 510-465 (+66.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games since 1997.
                    PITTSBURGH is 10-18 (-9.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                    PITTSBURGH is 10-18 (-9.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                    PITTSBURGH is 8-17 (-10.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.

BRANDON MORROW vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
                    MORROW is 1-0 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 1.29 and a WHIP of 1.000.
                    His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

GERRIT COLE vs. TORONTO since 1997
                    No recent starts.

Comment

MLB

Friday, May 2

Friday's MLB betting cheat sheet

Rocky Mountain High

A late New York Mets rally allowed the Colorado Rockies to remain one of the strongest Over plays in the National League. New York scored four times in the final two innings of a 7-4 loss in Colorado, improving the Rockies to 19-9-2 O/U.

Dueling Aces

The low total of the day (6.5) belongs to the matchup between Washington's Stephen Strasburg and Philadelphia's Cliff Lee. But Under bettors beware: Strasburg is 5-1 O/U in his first six starts on the season, while Lee is 3-2-1 O/U.

Road Rules

Road favorites have come through in a big way so far in 2014, going 71-53 against the moneyline. There are three road faves on Friday's schedule: St. Louis (-165) visiting the Chicago Cubs, the Los Angeles Dodgers (-128) in Miami, and Seattle (-184) playing in Houston.

Pitching Notes

* San Francisco hurler Tim Lincecum has provided plenty of value away from AT&T Park of late, leading the Giants to a 5-1 mark in his last six appearances as a road underdog. Lincecum and the Giants are +135 for Friday's game in Atlanta.

* Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander Gerrit Cole was the hottest Over play in the majors for a stretch, but that trend may be shifting. Cole, who has gone Under in back-to-back starts following seven straight Over, will face Brandon Morrow and the Toronto Blue Jays (+132, 7.5) in Friday's series opener.

Hitting Notes

* Braves outfielder B.J. Upton homered in Thursday's 5-4 loss to Miami, marking the first time the Braves have lost a game in which Upton goes deep. Yet, while Atlanta dropped to 9-1 overall in games featuring an Upton homer, its streak of Overs in such situations remained intact at 10-0 O/U.

* Mets third baseman David Wright is just 4-for-35 over his last nine games, during which New York has gone 2-5-2 O/U.

Total Streaks

Miami Marlins (4-1-1 O/U): The Marlins closed out an impressive sweep of the visiting Braves Thursday, racking up 23 runs in three games against one of the most impressive pitching rotations in baseball.

Prop of the Day

The Chicago White Sox are installed as a +100 underdog to be the last team to score a run in Friday's game against the host Cleveland Indians. The White Sox lead the majors with 67 runs scored from the seventh inning on.

Injury Watch

* Cincinnati Reds speedster Billy Hamilton is expected to miss a couple of days with sprained knuckles. Hamilton is among the league leaders with 11 stolen bases. The Reds are 7-2 and 3-6 O/U in games in which he swipes at least one bag.

Weather Watch

* It could be a high-scoring day at Wrigley Field between the Cubs and the Cardinals. The wind is expected to blow out to center field at 11 mph. Teams averaged better than 13 runs per game last season when the wind was blowing in that direction.

* The Boston Red Sox and visiting Oakland Athletics may also see a bump in scoring. With the wind expected to blow out to right field at 9 mph, teams combined to average 10.38 runs in 20 games in 2013 when the wind blew out in that direction.

Umpire Stat of the Day

The home team is 6-0 in umpire Jerry Layne's last six games behind home plate. Layne will work the balls and strikes for Cincinnati's series opener against visiting Milwaukee.

Last edited by Udog; 05-02-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

NBA

Friday, May 2

Raptors – Nets: The Game Inside the Game

It has been on-the-job training for Jason Kidd in his first campaign as an NBA head coach, perhaps even better compared to being a college freshman, and having a variety of courses being thrown at him. But that all accelerates in a major way now – he has to write a grad-level thesis as Game #6 approaches. And so do the betting markets, which face an equally daunting challenge, in the form of a multiple-choice exam.

OK Coach, what’s next?

The Brooklyn rally on Wednesday night was one for the ages, with an 85-59 deficit late in the third quarter being turned into a 101 deadlock in just 12:10 of court time. But in terms of carry-over to Game #6, the way that rally happened may supply more questions than answers.

Kevin Garnett was taken out of the game with 7:34 remaining in the third quarter, and the Nets down 71-50. He did not return. Paul Pierce went to the bench with 5:25 left in the third, and the score at 77-53. He did not return. Shaun Livingston was on the bench to begin the fourth quarter, and stayed there until there were 9.7 seconds remaining.

The Nets were a shocking -31 in the 24:01 that Pierce played. It was -15 over just 11:40 for Garnett. A team that appeared old and tired when the Raptors controlled them down the stretch in Game #4 looked ancient as game #5 was on the verge of breaking wide open. And when those two went to the bench in the third, one could not tell if Kidd was going to younger players to create a spark, or if he thought the game was out of reach, and was hoping to rest them a bit for Friday.

But then that reserve cast did ignite, with Mirza Teletovic and Alan Anderson combining for 30 points and nine rebounds, knocking down 10-17 shots, including 7-12 triples. And the new floor spacing opened things up for Joe Johnson, who scored 26 points ion the second half.

The turnaround was so dramatic that Kidd stayed with that group until the end, even though it meant long stretches for players that were not accustomed to that. Ultimately the rally came up short because the defense failed down the stretch, when Pierce and/or Garnett might have made a difference on that end.

So now what? Does Kidd go back to his base lineup, or the group that brought more energy on Wednesday? Not only is it a difficult tactical decision, but also one of coaching authority – Kidd celebrated his 41st birthday in March, while Garnett turns 38 in a couple of weeks, and Pierce is 36. That puts more pressure than usual on lineup changes, and will he feel the command to bench those veterans if he believes it is the right thing to do?

Kidd’s rotation conundrum also brings issues for the betting markets. In a perfect world, all game results would bring an integrity that could be trusted, generating meaningful numbers to use going forward. The reality, of course, is much different, and it is possible that there may not have been anything useful to takeaway from the Nets rally, because of the way that it happened. If Teletovic and Anderson are going to get more minutes, and also Marcus Thornton and Andray Blatche, it means a quicker pace and a more open offense, while at the same time creating a dubious defensive chemistry. Or is it back to the base lineup? And it is not just the marketplace that has to do a little guesswork, but also Dwane Casey as well – just what Brooklyn rotation will he be game-planning for?

Comment

MLB
                          Short Sheet

Friday, May 2

St Louis at Chicago, 2:20 ET
                          Wainwright: 33-14 TSR in road games against division opponents
                          Wood: 4-14 TSR in day games

Washington at Philadelphia, 7:05 ET
                          Strasburg: WASHINGTON 30-11 on the road with a money line of -100 to -150
                          Lee: PHILADELPHIA 4-20 after 2 straight games where the bullpen gave up no runs

Milwaukee at Cincinnati, 7:10 ET
                          Perlalta: MILWAUKEE 10-3 as an underdog
                          Leake: CINCINNATI 13-1 UNDER in home games after 3 consecutive game versus a division rival

LA Dodgers at Miami, 7:10 ET
                          Beckett: LA DODGERS 23-11 in road games against NL East opponents
                          Koehler: MIAMI 92-148 against right-handed starters

San Francisco at Atlanta, 7:35 ET
                          Lincecum: 14-4 TSR after a win
                          Minor: ATLANTA 21-9 OVER after scoring 4 runs or less 3 straight games

NY Mets at Colorado, 8:40 ET
                          Wheeler: NY METS 27-17 as a road underdog
                          De La Rosa: COLORADO 34-52 at home when the money line is +125 to -125

Arizona at San Diego, 10:10 ET
                          Arroyo: 6-14 TSR after a win
                          Cashner: SAN DIEGO 19-9 in home games after scoring and allowing 3 runs or less

Tampa Bay at NY Yankees, 7:05 ET
                          Price: n/a
                          Nuno: n/a

Chicago White Sox at Cleveland, 7:05 ET
                          Danks: CHI WHITE SOX 18-10 OVER in all games
                          Salazar: CLEVELAND 24-10 OVER after a loss by 4 runs or more

Oakland at Boston, 7:10 ET
                          Straily: OAKLAND 18-7 OVER in road games after scoring 8 runs or more
                          Buchholz: 26-7 TSR as a favorite

Detroit at Kansas City, 8:10 ET
                          Porcello: 35-16 TSRafter 2 or more consecutive wins
                          Shields: KANSAS CITY 8-21 in May games

Baltimore at Minnesota, 8:10 ET
                          Jimenez: BALTIMORE is 11-3 OVER in road games
                          Nolasco: MINNESOTA is 20-5 OVER in all games

Seattle at Houston, 8:10 ET
                          Hernandez: SEATTLE 26-15 OVER after a win by 2 runs or less
                          Peacock: HOUSTON 36-24 OVER after scoring 3 runs or less 2 straight games

Texas at LA Angels, 10:05 ET
                          Lewis: 27-23 TSR as an underdog
                          Santiago: 0-7 TSR when the money line is -100 to -150

Toronto at Pittsburgh, 7:05 ET
                          Morrow: TORONTO 1-7 after a win by 4 runs or more
                          Cole: PITTSBURGH 76-49 UNDER at home when the total is 7.5 or less

Comment

NBA
                            Short Sheet

Friday, May 2

Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets, 7:05 ET
                            Toronto: 18-8 ATS as a road underdog
                            Brooklyn: 0-8 ATS after a close loss by 3 points or less

San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks, 8:05 ET
                            San Antonio: 26-15 ATS after a combined score of 205 points or more
                            Dallas: 3-11 ATS in home games revenging a road loss vs opponent

Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers, 10:35 ET
                            Houston: 2-11 ATS in road games after a win by 10 points or more
                            Portland: 21-10 ATS revenging a loss where opponent scored 100 or more points

NHL
                            Short Sheet

Friday, May 2

New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7:05 ET
                            New York: 8-14 SU off a home win
                            Pittsburgh: 8-0 SU in home games off a road win by 1 goal

Minnesota Wild at Chicago Blackhawks, 9:35 ET
                            Minnesota: 25-14 SU revenging a loss versus opponent
                            Chicago: 9-13 SU after allowing 2 goals or less in 2 straight games

Comment

NHL

Friday, May 2

Bryzgalov likely to start Game 1 for Wild

Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Thursday night that Bryzgalov is likely to start, with John Curry serving as his backup. Bryzgalov replaced Darcy Kuemper with 8:13 remaining in the third period of the Wild's 5-4 overtime victory in Game 7 against the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday. Kuemper couldn't continue after sustaining an undisclosed injury.

Bryzgalov made one save in 13:15 of action before Nino Niederreiter's goal won the game at 5:02 of overtime.

Bryzgalov is 1-2 with a 4.25 goals-against average and .826 save percentage in three games. Kuemper is 3-1 with a 2.03 GAA and .913 save percentage. Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding, the goaltending tandem at the start of the season, are out with injuries. Curry made two appearances, including one start, during a late-season recall.

History on the Habs' side after Game 1 win

When the Montreal Canadiens scored the Game 1 winner in double overtime against the Boston Bruins Thursday night, they joined an exclusive list of teams.

According to ESPN Stats & Info, after the Habs' Game 1 on the road, their chances to win the series and advance in the Stanly Cup Playoffs got a lot better. If history is any indication that is.

Canadiens are 15th team in NHL history to win multi-OT series opener on the road. Twelve of the previous 14 teams to do so won the series.

The Canadiens are currently -105 to win the series.

Subban targeted by thousands of racist tweets

Racist comments proliferated on social media networks Thursday after Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban scored the winning goal in a double-overtime match against the Boston Bruins. On Twitter, unhappy Bruins fans tweeted comments like "That stupid n----r doesn’t belong in hockey #whitesonly" and "Someone needs to smack PK subban across his big n----r lips.

Bruins Issue Statement

Bruins President Cam Neely issued the following statement: "The racist, classless views expressed by an ignorant group of individuals following Thursday's game via digital media are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization."

Comment

Working...
                              X