Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday's Trends and Indexes - 3/24 (NBA, NCAAB, NHL, Misc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's Trends and Indexes - 3/24 (NBA, NCAAB, NHL, Misc.)

Trends and Indexes

Monday, March 24

Good Luck on day #83 of 2014!

At this time, the sports menu in this thread consists of NBA, NCAAB, CFL and NHL until their seasons are played out. Also, general sports news and notes will be posted.

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NCAAB Matchups

NCAAB Hot and Not

NCAAB Injuries

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Monday's six-pack

Won-lost records, payrolls of Tampa Bay/Bronx over the last six years.......

Tampa Bay year Bronx

97-65; $43,745,597 '08 89-73; $209,081,577
    84-78; $63,313,034 '09 103-59; $201,449,189
    96-66; $72,847,133 '10 95-67; $213,359,389
    91-71; $42,171,308 '11 97-65, $207,047,964
    90-72; $63,627,200 '12 95-67, $209,792,900
    92-71; $61,928,975 '13 85-77, $228,106,125

Armadillo: Monday's List of 13: Wrapping up a basketball weekend

Stanford 60, Kansas 57-- On November 11, Cardinal scored 103 points in a home game.....and lost by nine. I've seen them play 5-6 times this year; at no point did I think this was a Sweet 16 team. Maybe the Cardinal playing two games in St Louis this weekend was a good omen.

Andrew Wiggins scored four points for Kansas; someone has to explain to me why he is such a surefire lock to be an NBA star.

Kentucky 78, Wichita State 76-- This game had a different feel to it than all the other games this weekend; it was class warfare, the bluebloods against the tough, working class team. Kentucky's young team played their best game of the year, by far. Sometimes you handicap these games by picking the best player on the court; in this game, that was Kentucky's Julius Randle.

Iowa State 85, North Carolina 83-- Cyclones won without Georges Niang, its best player; their reward is a road game at Madison Square Garden against UConn in the next round. North Carolina gave up 58 points to the two point guards they played against this weekend, Cotton/Kane.

Tennessee 83, Mercer 63-- Only three SEC teams made the tournament, but those teams are a combined 7-0. Vols won three games this week, proving once again that playing in the First Four can be overcome. Great run for the Mercer Bears, who made the tournament for the first time since 1985.

UCLA 77, Stephen F Austin 60-- Bruins-VCU would've been good theater, but Rams gagged away their game Friday, giving UCLA a virtual bye into the second round. Lumberjacks had their 29-game winning streak snapped; what a great year they had. Too bad every team but one has to lose.

Baylor 85, Creighton 55-- ESPNU had a panel show Sunday night, after the field of 68 was announced; coaches on there were down on Creighton's shot at making the Sweet 16. Tough end to a great career for Doug McDermott.

On Feb 15, Baylor needed a last-second trey to tie Kansas State, where they beat the Wildcats- they would've been 15-10 had that shot not gone it, losers of eight of last ten games. Instead, they're now 12-2 in their last 14 games.

Virginia 78, Memphis 60-- This was an awful game; Cavaliers were on top of things, and go to Sweet 16 for first time since 1995, when they lost in the regional final to Arkansas. Memphis finishes the season 5-5 in their last ten games; Josh Pastner is 130-43 in five years there, but he replaced Calipari, who was 137-14 in his last four years with the Tigers.

Arizona 84, Gonzaga 61-- Over last six years, #1 seeds are now 15-8-1 vs spread in second round. WCC was down this year, but Gonzaga won a game in the tournament, which is probably overachieving.

5) John Smoltz was saying on MLB Network how spring training is really important for pitchers, it isn't too long. Position players would disagree, I'm sure. I just know I'll be glad when the season starts in full next Monday.

4) Kansas State got a technical foul Friday night for dunking in warmups, and it was a sub who dunked; that happened once when I was coaching in high school. Can't repeat what the head coach said to the kid at halftime that night; we'll just say the kid was convinced his playing career was over, which it was not, but he didn't know that. Tremendous comedy.

3) Recommendation to people who have food delivery businesses; please, please, please have people on the phone who understand and speak English. That way, I'll get what I ordered and will order from you again. Once you get the food order wrong, I'm not real eager to give you any more business.

2) A's are in their last spring training at Phoenix Municipal Stadium; they move to Mesa next spring. Light poles at Phoenix Muni came from the Polo Grounds in New York City, where the Giants used to play.

1) Wichita State-Kentucky game was a referendum on the "1-and-done" issue in college basketball. Kentucky has new players every year; they're like a junior college program on fast forward, or a D-League franchise. Wichita is a powerful mid-major that took seven years to get to this point.

College basketball would be better off if kids could go straight from high school to the NBA; if kids go to college, they should stay at least two years. You think these "1-and-done" kids are going to class spring semester? Please.

Comment

Kyle Busch wins Auto Club 400 in overtime

FONTANA, Calif. -- In a race that saw tire problems turn the contest upside-down, Kyle Busch won Sunday’s Auto Club 400 in a green-white-checkered-flag finish that took the fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event of the year six laps past its scheduled distance.

The first driver on four fresh tires for a restart on Lap 205 at Auto Club Speedway, Busch passed Stewart-Haas Racing teammates Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart on the next-to-last lap, bringing rookie Kyle Larson with him.

Able to keep Larson behind him on the final lap, Busch crossed the finish line .214 of a second ahead of the 21-year-old, who had won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at the 2-mile track one day earlier.

The victory was Busch's second straight and third overall at Fontana, his first of the season and the 29th of his career. Kurt Busch, who like Stewart took right-side tires only on the final pit stop on Lap 200, ran third, followed by pole-sitter Matt Kenseth and Stewart.

Jamie McMurray, Brian Vickers, AJ Allmendinger, Paul Menard and Carl Edwards completed the top 10.

"I knew four tires was going to win the race, so I'm glad (crew chief) Dave (Rogers) called that," Busch said in Victory Lane. "There was some great racing up front between Tony and Kurt there. It was really interesting to watch that.

"I went into Turn 1 thinking I'm going to run the middle and then Tony started sliding off the bottom and I'm like, 'Nope, not having it.' I had to get some brake and cut my car to the left and drove underneath him and got him cleared off Turn 2, and I was able to keep Kyle Larson behind me."

Though he ran second, Larson nevertheless earned Busch’s admiration in the process.

"Man, what a shoe that boy is,” Busch said. “If he would have gotten alongside of me, it would have been a whale of a race. I drove off into Turn 3, but I heard 'car inside' on my left.

"If he drove it in further than I did, Jesus must have told him to stop. ... What an awesome race this track produced!"

Larson was surprised he was able to reach second place after restarting ninth in the bottom lane for the green-white-checker.

"I was thinking I was going to line up eighth," Larson said, "but then the 40 (Landon Cassill) stayed out, and I had to line up on the bottom, and I was disappointed because the bottom had been getting jammed up once we got to Turn 1. I was surprised -- I just watched it on TV and it was pretty wild -- we were four-wide there into (Turn) 1.

"Came out in fourth there, I think, and then got to second off Turn 2 the next lap and thought I might have a shot at Kyle, depending on where he'd go into Turn 3. But he was good enough to keep it on the bottom and stay ahead of me. But we'll take second. Long race and definitely didn't expect to run second, so I'll take it and head back to North Carolina with a smile on my face."

Until the final five laps, the race had all the makings of a routine victory by Jimmie Johnson, who had a commanding lead over Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon as the event approached the regulation distance of 400 miles.

But Johnson, who led 104 laps, blew a left front tire and drove his car to pit road, handing Gordon the lead. No caution.

Brad Keselowski suffered his third left rear tire failure a lap later but stayed out of harm's way. No caution. The same fate befell Marcos Ambrose on the same lap. No caution.

Finally, when Clint Bowyer's Toyota spun on lap 198, thanks to a flat left rear tire, NASCAR called the caution that set up the two-lap dash to the finish.

The tire issues that surfaced during Saturday's practice sessions -- particularly in the left rear position -- plagued drivers throughout the race, not just at the finish. Kevin Harvick caused the first caution on Lap 18 when his left rear tire blew.

Harvick charged through the field and was running third on Lap 138 when another blown left rear forced him to pit road. With tire debris strewn across the backstretch, NASCAR called a caution on Lap 141, with Johnson in the lead.

Keselowski, who suffered two flat left rears during Saturday's practice, had two more during the race, but both yellow flags rescued him in each case. Twice Keselowski brought the No. 2 Ford to pit road under caution with the tire soft, escaping a failure at speed that could have damaged the car.

But the third failure, in the closing laps, dropped the 2012 series champion to 26th at the finish.

The race winner, though, had no tire problems and suggested that other teams might have been overly aggressive in lowering tire pressures.

NOTES:
      Gordon was shuffled back on the final restart and finished 13th. ... Johnson came home 24th, the last driver on the lead lap. ... Menard, who skipped Friday's qualifying to be with his wife after the birth of their daughter, posted his ninth-place finish after starting from the rear of the field because of the driver change. Matt Crafton had qualified the car. ... Sam Hornish Jr. ran 17th in Denny Hamlin's No. 11 Toyota after Hamlin left the track for a local hospital before the race to treat a sinus infection that impaired his vision. Hornish had been at the track on standby for Matt Kenseth, whose wife Katie is expecting the couple's third daughter.

Comment

National League West preview: Can Dodgers live up to the hype?

The National League West division is led by the Dodgers who have the highest Over/Under win total in the Majors and is the favorite to win the World Series. Their biggest competition within the division will likely come from the Giants and perhaps the Diamondbacks, while the Padres and Rockies will battle for the basement.

Arizona Diamondbacks (2013: 81-81, -495 units, 71-84-7 over/under)

Division odds: 12/1
        Season win total: 81.5

Why bet the Diamondbacks: Mark Trumbo should feast on pitching at Chase Field and is a great hitter to put in the middle of the lineup. The pitching rotation has talent with Trevor Cahill and Wade Miley, while the bullpen is solid with Addison Reed at closer and J.J. Putz setting him up. This is a team that only needs six innings from their starters since the bullpen is so strong.

Why not bet the Diamondbacks: Arizona lost Patrick Corbin and they are hoping that Brandon McCarthy recovers from an awful season last year. The batting order features several inconsistent hitters with health issues. The bench is thin and the Diamondbacks lack depth, so injuries might become a factor.

Season win total pick: Under 81.5

Colorado Rockies (2013: 74-88, -1233 units, 76-77-9 over/under)

Division odds: 25/1
        Season win total: 76.5

Why bet the Rockies: As usual, Colorado has a lineup that is built for Coor's Field with Michael Cuddyer and Troy Tulowitzki leading the way. Justin Morneau may be able to find his stroke in the rarified air as well. The pitching rotation is solid with Jorge De La Rosa and Jhoulys Chacin coming off strong seasons, while the bullpen was led by Rex Brothers who had 32 scoreless outings in a row last year.

Why not bet the Rockies: There are still some questions in this bullpen and they need a few more relief pitchers. Injuries are always a concern, plus this lineup often struggles to score runs on the road and away from the thin air and altitude.

Season win total pick: Over 76.5

Los Angeles Dodgers (2013: 92-70, +541 units, 73-82-7 over/under)

Division odds: 5/14
        Season win total: 92.5

Why bet the Dodgers: Clayton Kershaw leads the best rotation in the division with Hyun Jin Ryu, Zack Greinke, Dan Haren and Josh Beckett. Haren and Beckett are aging, but they will not have as much pressure on them now at the back of the rotation. The lineup features a lot of depth from Yasiel Puig to Matt Kemp. The bullpen has some power arms in Brian Wilson and Paco Rodriguez.

Why not bet the Dodgers: Greinke presents an uncertainty, both emotionally and physically, especially since he is coming off a broken collarbone. How will the Dodgers handle the outfield issues with Puig, Carl Crawford, Kemp and Andre Ethier all vying for spots? Will Puig have a sophomore slump? Haren and Beckett need to bounce back from past struggles.

Season win total pick: Over 92.5

San Diego Padres (2013: 76-86, +241 units, 75-82-5 over/under)

Division odds: 14/1
        Season win total: 79

Why bet the Padres: The fences are changing in Petco Park and it should help this offense that features talented youngsters such as Jedd Gyorko and Yonder Alonso. Relief pitcher Huston Street is in the final year of his contract which should lead to a motivated effort. Joaquin Benoit backs him up in a solid bullpen.

Why not bet the Padres: The starting rotation is up in the air with Andrew Cashner and Josh Johnson leading the way. Johnson needs to show his awful year in Toronto was a fluke. Ian Kennedy is the number three starter, but he had a poor 4.24 ERA with San Diego last season. This batting order lacks consistent punch.

Season win total pick: Under 79

San Francisco Giants (2013: 76-86, -2095 units, 73-80-9 over/under)

Division odds: 9/2
        Season win total: 86.5

Why bet the Giants: The rotation gets better with the addition of veteran pitcher Tim Hudson. He will be a solid influence on Madison Bumgarner and Matt Cain. Sergio Romo is a good closer who never threw more then 28 pitches in an outing last year. Buster Posey is one of the best catchers in the game and a solid cleanup hitter in the lineup.

Why not bet the Giants: San Francisco's left fielders hit just five home runs last year. Ryan Vogelsong needs to improve after an awful start last season which led to a poor 5.73 ERA overall. The bench is thin, so injuries could become a factor.

Season win total pick: Over 86.5

Comment

NCAAB
          Dunkel

Princeton at Fresno State
          The Tigers (9-5 road record) head to Fresno State tonight for the quarterfinals of the CBI Tournament and face a Bulldogs team that is 0-4 ATS in its last 4 home games against teams with a winning road record. Princeton is the pick (+3 1/2) according to Dunkel, which has the Tigers favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: Princeton (+3 1/2). Here are all of today's games.

MONDAY, MARCH 24

Game 621-622: Georgetown at Florida State (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Georgetown 62.643; Florida State 68.527
          Dunkel Line: Florida State by 6
          Vegas Line: Florida State by 4
          Dunkel Pick: Florida State (-4)

Game 623-624: LSU at SMU (9:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: LSU 64.240; SMU 65.799
          Dunkel Line: SMU by 1 1/2
          Vegas Line: SMU by 6
          Dunkel Pick: LSU (+6)

Game 625-626: Arkansas at California (11:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: Arkansas 65.205; California 62.231
          Dunkel Line: Arkansas by 3
          Vegas Line: California by 3
          Dunkel Pick: Arkansas (+3)

Game 627-628: Radford at Old Dominion (7:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: Radford 49.232; Old Dominion 53.466
          Dunkel Line: Old Dominion by 4
          Vegas Line: Old Dominion by 6 1/2
          Dunkel Pick: Radford (+6 1/2)

Game 631-632: Penn State at Siena (7:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: Penn State 62.099; Siena 54.768
          Dunkel Line: Penn State by 7 1/2
          Vegas Line: Penn State by 4
          Dunkel Pick: Penn State (-4)

Game 633-634: Texas A&M at Illinois State (9:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: Texas A&M 58.493; Illinois State 62.344
          Dunkel Line: Illinois State by 4
          Vegas Line: Illinois State by 2
          Dunkel Pick: Illinois State (-2)

Game 635-636: Princeton at Fresno State (10:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: Princeton 59.363; Fresno State 58.501
          Dunkel Line: Princeton by 1
          Vegas Line: Fresno State by 3 1/2
          Dunkel Pick: Princeton (+3 1/2)

Game 637-638: NE-Omaha at Murray State (8:00 p.m. EST)
          Dunkel Ratings: NE-Omaha 52.192; Murray State 54.549
          Dunkel Line: Murray State by 2 1/2
          Vegas Line: Murray State by 6
          Dunkel Pick: NE-Omaha (+6)

Comment

NCAAB
            Long Sheet

Monday, March 24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEORGETOWN (18 - 14) at FLORIDA ST (20 - 13) - 3/24/2014, 3:00 PM
            Top Trends for this game.
            GEORGETOWN is 89-54 ATS (+29.6 Units) in non-conference games since 1997.
            GEORGETOWN is 12-3 ATS (+8.7 Units) in a NIT tournament game since 1997.
            FLORIDA ST is 11-26 ATS (-17.6 Units) as a home favorite of 3.5 to 6 points since 1997.
            FLORIDA ST is 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
            FLORIDA ST is 7-20 ATS (-15.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
            There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

LSU (20 - 13) at SMU (24 - 9) - 3/24/2014, 9:00 PM
            SMU is 14-7 ATS (+6.3 Units) as a favorite this season.
            SMU is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) in all home games this season.
            SMU is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) in home lined games this season.
            SMU is 21-40 ATS (-23.0 Units) in home games after allowing 60 points or less since 1997.
            SMU is 14-28 ATS (-16.8 Units) in all tournament games since 1997.
            SMU is 31-49 ATS (-22.9 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.

ARKANSAS (22 - 11) at CALIFORNIA (20 - 13) - 3/24/2014, 11:00 PM
            ARKANSAS is 78-108 ATS (-40.8 Units) as an underdog since 1997.
            ARKANSAS is 7-20 ATS (-15.0 Units) as a road underdog of 3 points or less or pick since 1997.
            ARKANSAS is 9-19 ATS (-11.9 Units) in road games over the last 3 seasons.
            ARKANSAS is 9-19 ATS (-11.9 Units) in road lined games over the last 3 seasons.
            ARKANSAS is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in road games in March games over the last 3 seasons.
            ARKANSAS is 2-10 ATS (-9.0 Units) in road games after scoring 80 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
            ARKANSAS is 72-115 ATS (-54.5 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
            ARKANSAS is 48-79 ATS (-38.9 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.

CALIFORNIA is 1-0 against the spread versus ARKANSAS over the last 3 seasons
            CALIFORNIA is 1-0 straight up against ARKANSAS over the last 3 seasons
            1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

RADFORD (22 - 12) at OLD DOMINION (17 - 17) - 3/24/2014, 7:00 PM
            OLD DOMINION is 111-153 ATS (-57.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.

PENN ST (16 - 17) at SIENA (16 - 17) - 3/24/2014, 7:00 PM
            SIENA is 34-17 ATS (+15.3 Units) in home games after a non-conference game since 1997.
            SIENA is 31-14 ATS (+15.6 Units) in home games in non-conference games since 1997.
            PENN ST is 52-33 ATS (+15.7 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

TEXAS A&M (18 - 15) at ILLINOIS ST (17 - 15) - 3/24/2014, 8:00 PM
            There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

PRINCETON (21 - 8) at FRESNO ST (18 - 16) - 3/24/2014, 10:00 PM
            FRESNO ST is 36-23 ATS (+10.7 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
            FRESNO ST is 36-23 ATS (+10.7 Units) in all lined games over the last 2 seasons.
            PRINCETON is 15-6 ATS (+8.4 Units) as an underdog over the last 3 seasons.
            PRINCETON is 27-14 ATS (+11.6 Units) in road games over the last 3 seasons.
            PRINCETON is 27-14 ATS (+11.6 Units) in road lined games over the last 3 seasons.
            PRINCETON is 71-47 ATS (+19.3 Units) in road games after a non-conference game since 1997.
            PRINCETON is 72-46 ATS (+21.4 Units) in road games in non-conference games since 1997.
            PRINCETON is 98-72 ATS (+18.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
            FRESNO ST is 27-48 ATS (-25.8 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.

NEBRASKA-OMAHA (17 - 14) at MURRAY ST (19 - 11) - 3/24/2014, 3:00 PM
            MURRAY ST is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) as a favorite this season.
            MURRAY ST is 9-2 ATS (+6.8 Units) in all home games this season.
            MURRAY ST is 9-2 ATS (+6.8 Units) in home lined games this season.
            NEBRASKA-OMAHA is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) in non-conference games this season.

Comment

NCAAB
              Armadillo's Write-Up

Monday, March 24

Florida State won five of last seven games, losing to Syracuse/Virginia; Seminoles turn ball over 21.2% of timne, #320 in country- they start four sophomores. Georgetown lost five of last eight games, losing last four road games, three by 12+ points.

LSU is 6-7 in its last 13 games, winning first round game at USF; they lost to Memphis by 7, in only game vs AAC opponent. SMU lost three of last four games- they lost by 11 at Arkansas, in only game against an SEC opponent.

Arkansas won seven of last nine games, winning two of last three away games, one of which was at Kentucky; Razorbacks lost 85-77 to Cal in first round of Maui Classic Nov 25, in game where both teams took 30+ FTs. Cal Bears are 6-9 in their last fifteen games.

Old Dominion won four of last five home games, is 7-9 outside C-USA; Monarchs scored 82+ points in eight of their last eleven games. Radford won four of last five games, with three of four wins away from home.

Penn State split its last six true road games, winning at Ohio St/Indiana; they have best player on court in senior G Frazier. Lions won by 32 vs Monmouth, its only game vs MAAC foe. Siena won five of its last six games, losing to Canisius by 6 in MAAC tourney.

Texas A&M lost its last eight true road games; its last road win was Jan 11, at Tennessee. Aggies lost three of last four games overall; they've had three OT games in last nine games. Illinois State is 6-9 in last 15 games but they've won last six games at home in Normal.

Princeton won its last six games, with three of last four on road; Tigers won last game by point at Tulane. Fresno State won 10 of last 13 games, upsetting Miners in El Paso last game. Guerrero snapped out of 4 for 33 skid behind arc by hitting three of six 3's at UTEP.

Murray State won its last 11 home games since losing in November to Middle Tennessee; Racers won 15 of last 19 games overall. Omaha lost five of last seven games overall, six of last eight on road. Omaha scored 88+ points in each of its last three games.

Comment

NCAAB

Monday, March 24

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Trend Report
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:00 PM
                GEORGETOWN vs. FLORIDA STATE
                Georgetown is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
                Georgetown is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
                Florida State is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games at home
                Florida State is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games

7:00 PM
                PENN STATE vs. SIENA
                Penn State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
                Penn State is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games on the road
                The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Siena's last 15 games at home
                Siena is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home

RADFORD vs. OLD DOMINION
                No trends available
                The total has gone OVER in 5 of Old Dominion's last 7 games
                Old Dominion is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home

GEORGETOWN vs. FLORIDA STATE
                Georgetown is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
                Georgetown is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
                Florida State is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
                The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida State's last 5 games at home

8:00 PM
                NEBRASKA OMAHA vs. MURRAY STATE
                No trends available
                Murray State is 8-3-1 ATS in its last 12 games
                Murray State is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games at home

9:00 PM
                LSU vs. SOUTHERN METHODIST
                LSU is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games on the road
                The total has gone OVER in 7 of LSU's last 10 games on the road
                The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Southern Methodist's last 5 games at home
                The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Southern Methodist's last 8 games

TEXAS A&M vs. ILLINOIS STATE
                Texas A&M is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                Texas A&M is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
                The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Illinois State's last 7 games
                The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Illinois State's last 12 games at home

10:00 PM
                PRINCETON vs. FRESNO STATE
                Princeton is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                The total has gone OVER in 6 of Fresno State's last 8 games at home
                Fresno State is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games

11:00 PM
                ARKANSAS vs. CALIFORNIA
                Arkansas is 5-20 SU in its last 25 games on the road
                Arkansas is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
                California is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
                California is 15-5 SU in its last 20 games at home

Comment

NCAAB

Monday, March 24

Iowa St. win, cover five straight, advance to Sweet 16

With the Iowa State's last second 85-83 win over the North Carolina in the Round of 32, the Cyclones not only advanced to the Sweet 16, but have won and covered five straight games.

The Cyclones closed as 1.5-point favorites against the Tar Heels and thanks to a last second basket by DeAndre Kane they were able to cover the spread once again. They have won and covered every game since the start of the Big 12 Tournament.

Iowa State will take on Connecticut in the Sweet 16 next Friday.

Kentucky halts Wichita State's incredible 35-game win streak

The Kentucky Wildcats halted the Wichita State Shockers incredible 35 game win streak with a 78-76 victory in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament Sunday and in doing so eliminated college hoops best bet against the spread this season.

The Midwest region No. 8 seed Wildcats closed as 4.5-point dogs versus the No. 1 Shockers, who end the season with a 25-7-1 record against the spread. The Shockers covered nine straight games before being upset by the Wildcats.

Kentucky will now face Louisville in the Sweet 16 next weekend.

Comment

NHL
                    Dunkel

Los Angeles at Philadelphia
                    The Kings (19-12-3 on the road) head to Philadelphia tonight to face a Flyers team that is 6-0 in its last 6 home games versus teams with a winning road record. Philadelphia is the pick (-120) according to Dunkel, which has the Flyers favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (-120). Here are all of today's picks.

MONDAY, MARCH 24

Game 1-2: Phoenix at NY Rangers (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Phoenix 11.882; NY Rangers 10.704
                    Dunkel Line & Total: Phoenix by 1; 6
                    Vegas Line & Total: NY Rangers (-165); 5
                    Dunkel Pick: Phoenix (+145); Over

Game 3-4: Los Angeles at Philadelphia (7:00 p.m. EST)
                    Dunkel Ratings: Los Angeles 11.271; Philadelphia 12.501
                    Dunkel Line & Total: Philadelphia by 1; 4
                    Vegas Line & Total: Philadelphia (-120); 5
                    Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (-120); Under

Game 5-6: Ottawa at Tampa Bay (7:30 p.m. EST)
                    Dunkel Ratings: Ottawa 9.714; Tampa Bay 11.600
                    Dunkel Line & Total: Tampa Bay by 2; 5
                    Vegas Line & Total: Tampa Bay (-200); 5 1/2
                    Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-200); Under

Game 7-8: Montreal at Boston (7:30 p.m. EST)
                    Dunkel Ratings: Montreal 12.461; Boston 11.507
                    Dunkel Line & Total: Montreal by 1; 6
                    Vegas Line & Total: Boston (-190); 5
                    Dunkel Pick: Montreal (+170); Over

Game 9-10: Winnipeg at Dallas (8:30 p.m. EST)
                    Dunkel Ratings: Winnipeg 9.727; Dallas 11.688
                    Dunkel Line & Total: Dallas by 2; 6 1/2
                    Vegas Line & Total: Dallas (-155); 5 1/2
                    Dunkel Pick: Dallas (-155); Over

Game 11-12: San Jose at Calgary (9:00 p.m. EST)
                    Dunkel Ratings: San Jose 11.449; Calgary 12.312
                    Dunkel Line & Total: Calgary by 1; 4 1/2
                    Vegas Line & Total: San Jose (-180); 5 1/2
                    Dunkel Pick: Calgary (+160); Under

Comment

NHL
                      Long Sheet

Monday, March 24

OTTAWA (28-29-0-13, 69 pts.) at TAMPA BAY (39-24-0-8, 86 pts.) - 3/24/2014, 7:35 PM
                      OTTAWA is 28-42 ATS (-17.0 Units) in all games this season.
                      OTTAWA is 10-17 ATS (-9.4 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
                      OTTAWA is 11-23 ATS (+36.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      OTTAWA is 8-3 ATS (+11.3 Units) in road games after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game this season.
                      OTTAWA is 7-2 ATS (+9.3 Units) in road games after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game this season.
                      TAMPA BAY is 276-355 ATS (+697.6 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1996.

OTTAWA is 6-5 (+1.0 Units) against the spread versus TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
                      OTTAWA is 6-5-0 straight up against TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
                      7 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.3 Units)

MONTREAL (39-26-0-7, 85 pts.) at BOSTON (49-17-0-5, 103 pts.) - 3/24/2014, 7:35 PM
                      BOSTON is 49-22 ATS (+75.8 Units) in all games this season.
                      BOSTON is 20-5 ATS (+12.0 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less this season.
                      BOSTON is 23-8 ATS (+7.9 Units) second half of the season this season.
                      BOSTON is 12-1 ATS (+10.4 Units) in March games this season.
                      BOSTON is 347-331 ATS (-119.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.
                      BOSTON is 34-46 ATS (-40.3 Units) in home games after playing 3 consecutive road games since 1996.

MONTREAL is 7-6 (+3.5 Units) against the spread versus BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
                      MONTREAL is 7-6-0 straight up against BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
                      7 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+2.9 Units)

WINNIPEG (32-31-0-9, 73 pts.) at DALLAS (33-26-0-11, 77 pts.) - 3/24/2014, 8:35 PM
                      There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

WINNIPEG is 3-2 (+1.1 Units) against the spread versus DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
                      WINNIPEG is 3-2-0 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
                      3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+1.0 Units)

SAN JOSE (46-18-0-8, 100 pts.) at CALGARY (29-35-0-7, 65 pts.) - 3/24/2014, 9:05 PM
                      SAN JOSE is 14-14 ATS (-13.7 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                      SAN JOSE is 15-23 ATS (-24.5 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.

SAN JOSE is 7-4 (+1.4 Units) against the spread versus CALGARY over the last 3 seasons
                      SAN JOSE is 7-4-0 straight up against CALGARY over the last 3 seasons
                      6 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+4.1 Units)

Comment

NHL
                        Armadillo's Write-Up

Monday, March 24

Hot teams
                        -- Rangers won last three games, allowing total of five goals. Phoenix won five of its last seven games.
                        -- Flyers won their last five games, allowing total of eight goals. Los Angeles won ten of its last thirteen games.
                        -- Boston won its last 12 games, allowing 10 goals in their last eight games. Canadiens won four of their last five.
                        -- Lightning won five of their last six games.
                        -- San Jose won seven of its last nine games. Flames won four of last six.

Cold teams
                        -- Senators lost their last six games, allowing 28 goals.
                        -- Jets lost eight of their last ten games. Dallas lost four of last five.

Totals
                        -- Six of last eight Ranger games stayed under the total.
                        -- Under is 7-2-1 in last ten Los Angeles games.
                        -- Over is 5-2-2 in last nine Boston games.
                        -- Five of last seven Ottawa games went over total.
                        -- Under is 21-10-3 in Winnipeg's road games this year.
                        -- Last four San Jose games stayed under the total.

Series records
                        -- Rangers won six of their last eight games with Phoenix.
                        -- Kings lost six of last nine games with Philadelphia.
                        -- Bruins lost five of last six games with Montreal.
                        -- Lightning won four of last five games with Ottawa.
                        -- Home side won six of last eight Dallas-Winnipeg games.
                        -- Sharks won four of last five games with Calgary.

Comment

NHL

Monday, March 24

Trend Report

LOS ANGELES vs. PHILADELPHIA
                          Los Angeles is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing Philadelphia
                          Los Angeles is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
                          Philadelphia is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing Los Angeles
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games at home

PHOENIX vs. NY RANGERS
                          Phoenix is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
                          Phoenix is 3-8 SU in their last 11 games when playing NY Rangers
                          NY Rangers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
                          NY Rangers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games at home

7:30 PM
                          MONTREAL vs. BOSTON
                          Montreal is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Boston
                          Montreal is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Boston
                          Boston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Montreal
                          Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

7:30 PM
                          OTTAWA vs. TAMPA BAY
                          Ottawa is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
                          The total has gone OVER in 6 of Ottawa's last 8 games when playing Tampa Bay
                          Tampa Bay is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                          Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Ottawa

8:30 PM
                          WINNIPEG vs. DALLAS
                          The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Winnipeg's last 12 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Winnipeg's last 7 games when playing Dallas
                          Dallas is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Winnipeg
                          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Dallas's last 8 games when playing at home against Winnipeg

SAN JOSE vs. CALGARY
                          San Jose is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose's last 5 games
                          Calgary is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary's last 6 games

Comment

NHL

Monday, March 24

Blackhawks under run hits eight in a row

Thanks to the Chicago Blackhawks getting downed by the Nashville Predators 2-0 Sunday they continued their impressive under run.

The Blackhawks have now gone under the game total in eight consecutive games and it could be a trend that continues. Chicago will be without leading scorer Patrick Kane until at least early April.

Chicago's next game is Tuesday when they host the Dallas Stars.

Red-hot Bruins notch 12th win in a row

The Boston Bruins remain red-hot after their 4-2 road win over the Phoenix Coyotes Saturday night now having won 12 consecutive games.

The Bruins - who haven't lost since March 1 - have been dominant during their streak, out scoring opponents 47-17. They host the Montreal Canadiens Monday night.

Comment

NBA
                              Dunkel

Milwaukee at LA Clippers
                              The Clippers play host tonight to a Bucks team that is 2-8-1 ATS in its last 11 games in Los Angeles. LA is the pick (-16) according to Dunkel, which has the Clippers favored by 18 1/2. Dunkel Pick: LA Clippers (-16). Here are all of today's picks.

MONDAY, MARCH 24

Game 601-602: Houston at Charlotte (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Houston 124.315; Charlotte 117.699
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Houston by 6 1/2; 212
                              Vegas Line & Total: Houston by 4 1/2; 207
                              Dunkel Pick: Houston (-4 1/2); Over

Game 603-604: Phoenix at Atlanta (7:30 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Phoenix 119.461; Atlanta 116.019
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Phoenix by 3 1/2; 207
                              Vegas Line & Total: Phoenix by 1 1/2; 213
                              Dunkel Pick: Phoenix (-1 1/2); Under

Game 605-606: Portland at Miami (7:30 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Portland 116.017; Miami 124.877
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Miami by 9; 199
                              Vegas Line & Total: Miami by 7; 209
                              Dunkel Pick: Miami (-7); Under

Game 607-608: Minnesota at Memphis (8:00 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota 115.742; Memphis 120.549
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Memphis by 5; 192
                              Vegas Line & Total: Memphis by 8 1/2; 196 1/2
                              Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+8 1/2); Under

Game 609-610: Denver at Oklahoma City (8:00 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Denver 113.846; Oklahoma City 125.624
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Oklahoma City by 12; 214
                              Vegas Line & Total: Oklahoma City by 10 1/2; 219
                              Dunkel Pick: Oklahoma City (-10 1/2); Under

Game 611-612: Indiana at Chicago (8:00 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Indiana 118.651; Chicago 117.176
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Indiana by 1 1/2; 172
                              Vegas Line & Total: Chicago by 1 1/2; 180 1/2
                              Dunkel Pick: Indiana (+1 1/2); Under

Game 613-614: Brooklyn at New Orleans (8:00 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Brooklyn 122.873; New Orleans 117.325
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Brooklyn by 5 1/2; 192
                              Vegas Line & Total: Brooklyn by 2; 199
                              Dunkel Pick: Brooklyn (-2); Under

Game 615-616: Philadelphia at San Antonio (8:30 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia 106.717; San Antonio 124.626
                              Dunkel Line & Total: San Antonio by 18; 200
                              Vegas Line & Total: San Antonio by 21 1/2; 211 1/2
                              Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (+21 1/2); Under

Game 617-618: Detroit at Utah (9:00 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Detroit 112.779; Utah 108.872
                              Dunkel Line & Total: Detroit by 4; 209
                              Vegas Line & Total: Utah by 1; 201 1/2
                              Dunkel Pick: Detroit (+1); Over

Game 619-620: Milwaukee at LA Clippers (10:30 p.m. EST)
                              Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee 109.946; LA Clippers 128.323
                              Dunkel Line & Total: LA Clippers by 18 1/2; 217
                              Vegas Line & Total: LA Clippers by 16; 210 1/2
                              Dunkel Pick: LA Clippers (-16); Over

Comment

Working...
                              X