Mike Sherman outcoaches himself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Sherman outcoaches himself

Mike Sherman is about as fucking dumb as Mike Martz. You can blame Farve for that stupid pass, but the game should have never went into overtime. Sherman said you have to be aggressive in the playoffs, but with 4th and 1 on the philly 40, he punts the fucking ball. Philly gets it on the 20 and the first play from scrimmage they run for 20 yards and they are right back on the 40. If Green Bay makes the first down, the game is over.
    Mike Sherman , you fucking suck.

Pete, totally agree. I live up here and all we've heard the past two weeks is "to win in the playoffs you have to be AGGRESSIVE". Last week versus Seattle he was, converting a couple huge 4th downs. This week the Packers ran the ball at will throughout the game averaging almost 6 yds per pop. Then when we need less than a yard we punt. But there were so many opportunities to put this one away - not the least of which was the 4th and 26 debacle. Excruciating loss - Sherman already getting grilled in the postgame, as he should!

Comment

yeah i thought that punt was stupid shit... with the guys they have that can run the ball i wouldn't have had to think bout it..

Comment

This just isn't fair to the players.

1.) On the road you kick the field goal and go up two scores.

2.) Okay you disagree with the above and go for it and don't
        get it. Then why don't you go for it when you can turn out
        the lights on Philly late in the game. Why be aggresive
        one time and be conservative the next?

3.) Okay you disagree with the above and you punt the ball.
        You have the other team in 4th and 26. Use your time
        out and talk with your defense and make sure everyone
        is on the same page.

I've seen two coaches in two days take the opportunity
        away from their players to play in the NFC Championship
        Game. Most of these players won't get this opportunity
        ever again.

Comment

Don't forget late in the 1st half he went for it 4th and goal on the 1 ft line. It would have been an easy touch but the GB runner ran into the back of his lineman. I wonder how much that played in Sherman's decision?

Comment

I like Mike Sherman

But his calls on 4th and short are deplorable. I mean Green saved them last week when he broke that backfield tackle, but Favre is the guy who should have the ball in his hands. I didn't mind the 4th down call at the goaline in the 1st half, but then Sherman got scared at the end because they didn't make that one.

I've been saying for 3 years now that Sherman tries that "run up the middle" stuff too oftne on 3rd or 4th and 1. But as good as their running game has been going, it was a good gamble.

All they needed was a damn foot!

Mbates was right about 2 coaches fucking up royally.

I hate the packers. But that hatred is tempered by my respect for the greatness that is Brett Favre. And it was hard to watch the end of regulation. Then Favre goes and makes a panicked throw to blow the ballgame. OUCH!
            Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

I totally agree with everything said here. I was going to post last night, but too pissed off to do so. mbates pretty much summed up what I was going to say. Sherman looked lost.
              You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

I totally agree with mbates. There is no room for being totally stupid. We should have a poll for how many dumb and stupid coaches we have in the NFL. phil jr, I am still friggen pissed off.

Comment

Working...
                X