Super Bowl Play (GOY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Play (GOY)

How fitting that the 2 States that recently legalized weed, now meet in the Super Bowl. Maybe we can change the halftime show from Bruno Mars to Puff Daddy? lol

NFL

15* "GOY" Seattle +3 (6:35 PM)

The public has pounded the Broncos since the line came out and hey, that's fine with me. I'll take the points. I wouldn't be surprised if the sharp money comes in soon though and starts pushing the line back the other way. I believe that will happen.

I can't help it, I love the Seahawks in this game. I love their swagger, I love "Beast Mode" Lynch and I love that Defense. I think Peyton Manning and the Broncos are in for a long day. Manning has shown in his postseason history that if you can pressure him without having to blitz to do it, he gets very uncomfortable. Many of his postseason losses have gone that way. I believe Seattle can do that and make him very uncomfortable. We also know he isn't a big fan of playing in below freezing weather and we will see if the weather cooperates with that or not.

Many think Seattle is great at Home but not so much on the Road. In reality, they are (11-2) Ats in their last 13 on the Road.

Dogs have barked in recent Super Bowls going (5-1) Ats, with 4 Winning outright. Seahawks are (17-3-1) ATS as underdogs since 2011. Advantage: Seattle

One huge tell tale stat for the Super Bowl is the Turnover Margin. The team that wins the +/- battle in the Super Bowl has gone (35-4) straight up. That means win the turnover battle and you win 89.7% of the time. This season Seattle won the +/- battle with a NFL Best +20. Denver Ranked 13th at +0. Seattle is great at forcing turnovers and great at protecting the ball too. Denver is in the middle of the pack and average at both. Advantage: Seattle

Finally ..... DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!!

I'm sure you have heard that old slogan "Defense Wins Championships". It is said for a reason. It is usually true!

Seattle was #1 in Total Defense, #1 in Passing Defense and most importantly #1 in Scoring Defense. They don't let you run, they don't let you pass and they don't let you score. They are pretty balanced too because they are 8th in the League in ppg. on Offense. Denver is 1st in Offense but they rank 22nd in ppg. allowed on Defense.

15 times the League's Best Defense in ppg. allowed has reached the Super Bowl. Seattle will be the 16th. Those Teams are (12-3). Advantage: Seattle

The League's #1 Scoring Offense has faced the League's #1 Scoring Defense in 4 previous Super Bowls and the Defense Won 3 of those 4 games. Advantage: Seattle

Last but not least, the NFC has sent the League's Best ppg. Defense to the Super Bowl 6 times. They are (6-0), and those Wins came by an average of 18.3 ppg. Advantage: Seattle

I see Lynch and the mobile Russell Wilson owning the clock in this game and when Denver does get the ball, I see Seattle's defense frustrating the hell out of Peyton and the offense. Percy Harvin is supposed to play in this game and if he does, it will just be one more thing for Denver to think about. Denver may score late to get it close but in the end .......

Seattle 27 Denver 20

GOOD LUCK

I like Seattle also

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

On the opposite side but GL anyway.

Comment

agree 100%

Comment

Super Bowl MVP

1* Russell Wilson +400

1* Marshawn Lynch +500

GOOD LUCK

Comment

I like Lynch at +500 too, but I'm also looking at Harvin +3500 as big longshot....what a story that would be!

Comment

GL as always boss.
                The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Agree
                  FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by drugstuntman View Post
                    but I'm also looking at Harvin +3500 as big longshot....what a story that would be!
                    Would be a great story. You may be on to something because you are not alone. It is down to +1800 at my book now. Others are following your lead!

Comment

Yessir! Get this right back up to the top.

GL as always boss.
                      The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Bump...go Hawks!

Comment

GL Wayne

Comment

Excellent call Wayne, thanks for the winner

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini View Post
                              Excellent call Wayne, thanks for the winner
                              Total domination robby. That was a fun one to watch!

Turnovers - Check
                              Dog - Check
                              Seattle on road - Check
                              #1 defense wins - Check
                              NFC #1 now (7-0) - Check
                              Manning struggles vs top D - Check
                              Defense, Defense, Defense - Check

Comment

Working...
                              X