Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Must Read Article Scathing Favre In The Philly Paper.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must Read Article Scathing Favre In The Philly Paper.....

Dad's memory isn't doing him any Favre
    By DON RUSSELL
    [email protected]

Brett Favre

After Brett Favre's dad, "Big Irv," died last month, even Eagles fans felt sorry for the Green Bay Packers' star quarterback.

For about three minutes.

Then we found out the Birds would be playing the Packers in the second round of the NFC playoffs.

And now, Birds fans are bad-mouthing Favre, big time.

On talk radio, they mocked his dad's ascension to heaven.

On the Internet, they're laughing at the idea that, as one TV sportscaster proclaimed, "There's an angel on the shoulders of the Packers."

The trash talk at the Eagles' official fan site only ceased when the Web site moderator threatened to ban anyone who joked about Big Irv.

There is no pity in Philly for "Saint" Brett.

Family tree
    FATHER:

Irvin Favre. As a high school football coach, he helped Southern Miss violate NCAA rules to recruit his son.

WIFE: Deanna. He got her pregnant when he was 18, and she was 19. Married her seven years later.

BROTHER: Scott. Killed a family friend when he drove his car into a railroad crossing and got hit by a train. Jailed for DUI.BROTHER: Scott. Killed a family friend when he drove his car into a railroad crossing and got hit by a train. Jailed for DUI.

SISTER: Brandi. A Mississippi beauty queen, arrested for shoplifting.

Model citizen

In 1992, Favre was arrested after a barroom brawl in Hattiesburg, Miss., that began when he was arguing with the future Mrs. Favre. A bystander tried to intervene, and soon Favre was wrestling him to the floor. Favre was charged with drunkenness, disorderly conduct, and profanity.

Pillhead

Favre was a substance abuser in the mid-1990s. In 1996, he announced he was addicted to Vicodin, a ************ pain-killer.

The NFL sent him to the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kan., to dry out. Favre now says he's sober.

Mentor

"The biggest problem wasn't getting the pills down, it was keeping them down. I'd go into the bathroom, take a big slug of water, and try swallowing a handful of pills. Most of the time, I'd just throw them right back up and they'd land on the floor. No big deal. I'd just pick the pills out of the vomit, rinse them off, and try again."

- From "Vicodin, Rehab and Beer. Hey, It Won Me a Super Bowl," - From "Vicodin, Rehab and Beer. Hey, It Won Me a Super Bowl," an excerpt from Favre's 1998 autobiography, "Favre: For The Record," published in Esquire magazine

Caring father figure

During his Vicodin addiction, Favre went into a seizure in front of his 7-year-old daughter. While watching her dad convulsing, the child screamed, "Is my daddy going to die? Is my daddy going to die?"

A reformed man

Favre was sprung from rehab after lying to his counselors. In his autobiography, he brags:

"Finally, I told them what they wanted to hear: that I was a drug addict and I needed help. Sure enough, a week later they said, 'We think you're ready to leave.'

"...Then I walked out the door and was like, 'Screw you.' "

Dork

He's a clubhouse prankster who's been known to put Heet ointment in players' jockstraps and shaving cream in their helmets. Once, he doused his own roommate with a bucket of ice water while he was on a commode.

If he wasn't making $10 million a year, somebody would've already pushed him off a tall building.

Hollywood star

In his best-known screen role, "There's Something About Mary," he somehow manages to lose Cameron Diaz to Ben Stiller. In the lesser-known "Reggie's Prayer," Favre plays a janitor in an all-star cast that includes M.C. ******, Reggie White, Mike Holmgren and Pat Morita.

A gentleman

Favre likes to fart. A lot. He told Playboy:

"If I'm on a golf outing with [Dan] Marino and [Jim] Kelly and they're getting ready to hit, I'll rip a big fart. They say, 'That's awful!' But why? Everybody does it. Just because you're a professional athlete or a politician doesn't mean you stop taking dumps and scratching your ass. Of course, there's a time and place for humor like that. I don't go to corporate events, where everyone is in a suit and tie, and start cutting farts. Not loud ones, anyway."

Wuss

Brett is scared of the dark. He sleeps with a light on.

What would people be saying if they dug up shit on you don't post this crap.

Comment

Leo

IMO I think the purpose of the post was that the things being said about Favre would only fire up him and the team. Taking great pleasure out of knocking Philly out of the playoffs. That was at least my take on the post

Comment

Yeah I got that too a little then the mom dad and sister. Come on. You are probably right. I probably misinterpreted it. Well I want Philly to win that is my team but who knows what can happen.

Comment

Hey Lucky Leo, don't give me your shit about that post. I think this would fire up Green Bay and Favre. If you don't like the post, then don't read it.

Comment

i hope Favre takes some more vicodin pills...
            GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Comment

pickem pete

I am not dick head! I thought it was a bit much. But if you would have read my last post you would see I said I probably misinterpreted it dumbass. Read before you talk shit.

Comment

Hey pickem pete

GO EAGLES!!!

Comment

Hey Leo, Fuck you. I never said you were a dick head and this post came from the Philadelphia paper not Green Bay. Your post was not up, when I was posting mine, so I did not see it. Yes, you did misinterpreted what the post was about and also, I am not a dumbass. I don't think we need to get into name calling here and I think if Green Bay and Favre read about it, they will get fired up for the game.

GO PACKERS

Comment

good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck to you also and I hope we all can make some money.

Comment

That is the main thing. I got Louisville early up quite well (NOt to jinx though) and St. Louis later in playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                        X