Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England/Tennessee Under

Tomorrow nights weather forecast:

Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Cold. Wind chills approaching -15F. Low 2F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.

Another Ice Bowl. Play the 'Under' before before the total goes even lower. It opened at 37. It is down to 35. I expect a score of 9-3.

You :

are the fisrt person to elude to this fact and its been pretty well known for about 4 days now that it was indeed going to be brutal weather that nite.

Early Bird gets his worm !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

And the NFL in it's ultimate wisdom sets the outdoor game for 8:15 at New England. Why wouldn't you play this game in the afternoon when temps will soar to 15 degrees and play the dome game at night? Is that what they mean by home field advantage?
      You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

PhilJr, for the same reason a few years ago when Tampa and Green Bay were in the same division. It seemed they always schedule Tampa at Green Bay in December and Green Bay at Tampa in September.

Comment

this will be an easy under (barring turnovers)
          Don't be afraid

Comment

MMM

Right you are. I got this one at 38 on Monday....And you???

Comment

B-MUreb

I nailed it @ 37 !

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Oh Joe Public How I Love Thee...

Saturday, Jan 10 Temp °F Feels Like Dew Point Precip. Humid. Wind

8 PM Clear 4° -12° -9° 0% 47% From the North Northwest at 11 mph
                9 PM Clear 4° -12° -10° 0% 49% From the Northwest at 12 mph
                10 PM Clear 3° -14° -11° 0% 51% From the Northwest at 12 mph
                11 PM Clear 2° -14° -12° 0% 51% From the Northwest at 11

Cold Weather alone does not an UNDER make. If this TOTAL hits 33 or below I'm gonna play it OVER.
                The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Re: Oh Joe Public How I Love Thee...

Originally posted by bigjimt
                  Cold Weather alone does not an UNDER make. If this TOTAL hits 33 or below I'm gonna play it OVER.
                  I agree! Cold weather in the 20s and 30s doesn't. However, cold weather in single digits with wind chills below 0 does.

Comment

Opinion :

This ole Joe knows what brings in unders and its called the best run defense in football against one of the poorest running games in the bizz , now toss in a team thats very stingy with giving up points at home all year and you have the makings of a 10 to 7 game ....... and by the way the cold doesnt bring in the under but one things for sure " it sure doesnt hurt it either "

G.L.

***MMM***

ps - anyone know the scores of games played at or below O ?

Comment

Triple M

Not saying the UNDER wasn't the correct play at 38... I'm saying the OVER is more likely to hit if it gets bet all the way down to 33.
                      The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

i am only a few miles from foxboro and believe me
                        its damn cold here and colder tomorrow
                        UNDER seems to be the play
                        Don't be afraid

Comment

I also played the

Under 37 early but with another reason added to the weather. I believe they have just resodded the field for game. God knows new sod takes root overnight in January temps in N.E.! I felt there would be more tackles by clumps of dirt than linebackers.....that ADDED to the cold weather.....barring an obscene number of turnovers for quick field goals or TD's would bode very very well for the UNDER.......Currently it is down to 34.5 at the Greek and others!! JMHO!! Goldv
                          I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Agree with everyone on the under. Not just because of the cold, but throw in the defenses, styles of play, and new turf and this should stay fairly low. But the cold alone will not create an under. For arguments sake, does anyone remember the frigid playoff game in Cincy in the 1980's when San Diego visited. I know the temps were around -10 degrees and the wind chills were approaching 50 below! But if I recall, the game was rather high scoring. I'm curious if anyone remembers that score.

Comment

I agree with the under as well, but because of the defenses, not the weather. You guys seem to think only the defenses will be able to move in cold weather. If there was a 80% chance of snow, then the weather is a factor. But on a clear cold night, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Bottom line is I like the under.

Comment

Working...
                              X