• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks For Thursday

NBA (93-91) -4.00 Units
    ----------------------------------

"Slam Dunk" (2 Units)

N.Y. -1.5 = The Knicks won both meetings last year and 6 of the last 9 against the Rockets. They are also 10-6 Ats at Home while Houston is only 8-10 Ats away. I think there will be a little extra energy in the Garden with Marbury's home debut tonight and the Return of Jeff Van Gundy.

It's a small card tonight so i figured i would add my view on the game as well!

GOOD LUCK :D

Yep .. yep. i like the pick... also 2nd road game in as many nights..
    GL Wayne!!!
    BEHIND EVERY GAMBLING MAN'S FAILURE STANDS A WOMAN

Comment

AGREE

The Garden will be exploding tonight!!!!!!!

Comment

Game Views

I like when the cappers on this site post their views on games. It helps. When I write my views on a selection I do so for 2 reasons. First, it give other members valid reasons for my selection. Mostly, it helps me handicap the game. I'm reassuring myself valid reasons why I'm making a selection.

Comment

I'm sold!! I grew up in NY. I've attended many Ranger and Knick games. I know the atmosphere of the Garden can get electric and the teams feed off it. I was sitting on the fence with this game because of the Rockets performance last night. The other posts from this thread got me off the fence with a play on NY.

Comment

Frank you should look back about a year and you will basically see how i used to put a write up with EVERY College hoops pick. I made 610 plays in College last year and did a write up with 99% of them. People loved it and they felt like you were giving reasons instead of just throwing out picks.

I stopped doing it cause it was taking so long to look at 100 games on a given day that i just didn't have the time or energy to do the write up. Anyone that was here last year during College Hoops can attest that the reasons were there with every pick.

I too don't trust people that are pretty much strangers to each other here that just throw out picks. I've been burned all too often that way(Services) and if it's not someone that i feel comfortable with here then i basically see the picks without much interest unless reasons are given.

I know this is long winded but every once in a while i throw my reasons out there to let you know i'm still doing my homework. I don't play or believe in playing with or against public money and i never will. If i lose i want to know that i had GOOD reasons for betting on the team i did.

That's also why i keep a record in EVERY sport i post. Not many do it, just a few. It's a ton of work to keep track but i feel you should know what your getting if you choose to take it. Believe me there are some days i don't like posting a record when things are bad but i still do it and it's my motivation to improve. Alot of times people post their record when they get off to a good start and it disappears when a slump shows up.

I might be in the negative in some things but i have kept records of a couple services that post here and i've looked at many websites where service records are shown.......Mine are pretty damn good and consistent in MANY areas. I was looking at 1 service that isn't cheap and his record wasn't close to mine for the most part. I don't remember who it was but he is always begged for in the services thread and savage had his link up a few days ago. I don't think many if any will read this cause it's long but basically i wanted you to know that what i post is picks that i really put ALOT of time into.

Good Luck!
            Last edited by wayne1218; 01-08-2004, 04:46 PM.

Comment

good luck

good luck wayne!
              b

Comment

Thanks shorty!

Comment

Well said wayne. And remember this YOUR THE MAN :D :D :D

Good Luck bud. If I lose tonight at least I will know that you came out a winner :cool: :D
                  1 of 1 Morons

Comment

NHL (124-121) -16.08 Units
                    ----------------------------------------

"Melt the Ice" (5 Units)

Boston (-1.5) -110

"Hat Trick" (3 Units)

ML Parlay = Dallas - Phil. +102

"Power Play" (2 Units)

Colorado (-1/2) -135

Comment

Wayne :

you could have pushed a small boat across the pond with that blast of air ( ) , and strangely enough my sentiments are exactly like yours . I also am not sure if you seen my post giving you " CUDOS " on the wooping you gave me in the football contest this year , as hard as I tried I never could close the gap on ya and it was a fine job !

You are a fine asset to our thing and much needed :D

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:

ps - Wow 600 games last year and I have capped that many already ( 696 ) and the real-mccoy has just started !

" The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

College Basketball (115-111) -3.00 Units
                        -----------------------------------------------------

"College Hoops" (3 Units)

Morehead State +5.5

Wisc Green Bay -9

Louisiana Tech +14

Long Beach State +13.5

Comment

***MMM***

I always knew i played alot of games but when i started looking at your threads i did this :eek: ..............:D

Your opinions and picks in your thread are ALWAYS looked at and not ignored by me.

GL

Comment

Good luck Wayne

Comment

Thanks Leo!

Cross Sport (23-24) +23.13 Units
                              ----------------------------------------------

.................................................. ...
                              "Cross Sport" Parlay (5 Units)
                              .................................................. ...

Boston (-1/2) NHL - Wisc. GB (ML) CBB - Minn. (ML) NBA +104

Comment

Working...
                              X