No announcement yet.

The Bum's Aug. MLB Best Bets + Pod's !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: Yankees (57-54) at White Sox (41-69)
    Game: 2
    Venue: U.S. Cellular Field
    Date: August 06, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

The last thing the New York Yankees need is for the off-field distraction from Alex Rodriguez's return to hinder their play on the diamond.

Riding a 14-inning scoreless stretch, Hiroki Kuroda looks to help the visiting Yankees rebound from a rough performance in Rodriguez's season debut as they face Chris Sale and the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night.

Amidst a chorus of boos, Rodriguez went 1 for 4 with a bloop single Monday, hours after he was suspended by Major League Baseball through 2014 for his role in the Biogenesis scandal. However, Andy Pettitte allowed seven runs and 11 hits in 2 2-3 innings as New York (57-54) lost for the 12th time in 18 games, 8-1 at Chicago.

While the win snapped the White Sox's 10-game losing streak, the defeat ended a whirlwind day for the embattled Rodriguez, who will continue his return from hip surgery while appealing his ban.

"We're just getting started in this process,' Rodriquez said of challenging the decision. "But for me, personally, I just want to get back to baseball, playing hard and playing with a lot of intensity. I just want to see what our team has to offer.

"My focus is: What can I do to help this team win?"

Manager Joe Girardi and the Yankees appear glad to have Rodriguez back, but the attention drawn to his situation likely won't subside and could pose further distraction for a team struggling to remain in playoff contention.

"He's here, he's going to play," Girardi told the Yankees' official website. "It really doesn't change anything for us."

Kuroda (10-6, 2.38 ERA) has allowed two runs over 33 innings while going 3-0 in his last five starts. He's not allowed a run in four of those contests, including the last two.

The right-hander gave up five hits and struck out eight in seven innings while not factoring in the decision of a 3-0 win Wednesday over Los Angeles Dodgers, with whom he began his career.

"I've seen him do that for years,' Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw said. "He's one of the best pitchers in the American League."

Kuroda is 2-1 with a 2.53 ERA against the White Sox (41-69). He allowed three hits and struck out 11 in seven innings of a 4-0 win over Chicago last season.

Sale (6-11, 2.92) looks to avoid losing four straight starts for the second time this season after he allowed five runs and 10 hits in five innings of a 6-1 loss at Cleveland on Thursday. The left-hander, who has the lowest run-support average in the majors at 2.47, is 1-9 with a 3.23 ERA in last 11 starts.

"I'm not going to sit here and make excuses,' Sale said. "I got my butt kicked (Thursday). I didn't feel as good as I usually do, but I'm a professional and I have to find a way to fight through it."

He gave up a homer to Derek Jeter, two other hits and struck out 13 in 7 2-3 innings of a 2-1 home victory over the Yankees last season.

Sale won't have to face Jeter, who is back on the disabled list with a strained calf.

Alexei Ramirez had four hits and Alex Rios four RBIs for the White Sox, who scored 10 fewer runs Monday than they totaled during their losing streak.

Rios is batting .321 in his last seven games.

Chicago could be without left fielder Dayan Viciedo, who jammed his thumb in the opener trying to make a diving catch.

---------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
    Yankees at White Sox
    Mon, Aug 5 Final 1 to 8
    Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
    Yankees at White Sox
    Tue, Aug 6 - 8:10PM EDT

GAME 3
    Yankees at White Sox
    Wed, Aug 7 - 8:10PM EDT
    Remember the 3 G's Gambling, Golf, Girls not in any particular order.....

Comment

• Preview: Twins (48-61) at Royals (57-52)
      Venue: Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium

Phenomenal starting pitching is a major reason the Kansas City Royals continue to surge, though their lineup proved it is capable of exceptional contributions, too.

James Shields takes the mound as Kansas City's offense seeks another solid performance Tuesday night against the visiting Minnesota Twins.

Kansas City (57-52), which hasn't posted a winning record since finishing 83-79 in 2003, is surprising many by remaining in postseason contention into August. Winning 12 of its last 13 has helped that cause, with the starting rotation posting a 1.58 ERA during that stretch.

Jeremy Guthrie tossed a four-hitter Monday, but the Royals also tied a season best for runs scored in a 13-0 victory over the Twins. Eric Hosmer hit a three-run homer and finished with a career-best five RBIs, and Mike Moustakas tied a career high with four hits.

Kansas City has outscored opponents 67-25 during its tear.

``Quite frankly, (Monday) was probably the least stressful game that we've played all year long,' manager Ned Yost said. ``It was literally a stress-free game. It was a combination of good pitching, solid defense and great hitting."

Shields (6-7, 3.08 ERA) hasn't given Yost much to complain about lately either, having gone 3-1 with a 2.53 ERA over his last five starts. He battled through five walks and allowed two runs in six innings of Thursday's 7-2 win over the Twins.

The right-hander allowed an RBI groundout to Joe Mauer before giving up a solo homer to Justin Morneau, both in the third inning, but the Royals completed a three-game sweep.

``We're playing some really good baseball and we believe in ourselves right now,' Shields said. ``Going into this last two months, this is kind of the baseball we need to play.'

Shields is 3-0 with a 2.63 ERA over his last four starts versus Minnesota, though Morneau (.371, three homers, six doubles) and Mauer (.353) each have had success in this matchup.

Morneau was hitting .412 over his previous four games before going 0 for 4 on Monday, and Mauer is just 3 for 18 over his last five. The Twins (48-61) have been outscored 46-24 while dropping five of eight.

It got so bad Monday that infielder Jamey Carroll made his first appearance on the mound in his 12-year career.

``I don't think we need to spend a lot of time talking about this one,' manager Ron Gardenhire said.

Minnesota may be able to catch the Royals off guard Tuesday as it sends Andrew Albers to the mound for his major league debut.

Albers went 11-5 with a 2.86 ERA in 22 starts for Triple-A Rochester, and Gardenhire is looking forward to seeing what he can do at the major league level.

"From just listening to (Rochester manager) Gene Glynn talk and guys that know him from around here, he's a competitor, a great guy for the club, a great clubhouse presence," Gardenhire told the team's official website. "He doesn't have a lot of velocity, but he really knows how to pitch. He can cut the ball in hard and locate the baseball."

The left-hander faced major leaguers while pitching for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic earlier this year.

"You realize that they're human, too," Albers said. "You've got to come up and do what got you here, pound the zone and throw strikes and be aggressive."

The Royals rank eighth in the majors hitting .260 against lefties.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
      Twins at Royals
      Mon, Aug 5 Final 0 to 13
      Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
      Twins at Royals

GAME 3
      Twins at Royals

Comment

• Preview: Red Sox (68-46) at Astros (37-74)
        Venue: Minute Maid Park

The Boston Red Sox got off to a bad start on a road-heavy portion of their schedule.

Rookie Steven Wright hopes his first major league start has a better finish Tuesday night when the AL East-leading Red Sox try to prevent the Houston Astros from winning two straight for the first time since June.

Opening a stretch of 10 straight and 16 of 19 away from Fenway Park, the Red Sox (68-46) lost 2-0 to the major league-worst Astros (37-74) on Monday. Boston, one-half game ahead of second-place Tampa Bay in the East, finished with five hits after averaging 5.4 runs while winning seven of its previous nine.

"We had some chances to score, we just couldn't do it," catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said.

Saltalamacchia and the Red Sox also couldn't stop Houston from swiping a season-best six bases, three from rookie shortstop Jonathan Villar.

Manager John Farrell is hoping that Wright (2-0, 3.65 ERA), who's getting the ball so that the Red Sox can give their regular starters an extra day of rest, can keep the Astros off the basepaths.

The right-hander has earned wins in each of his last two appearances. He's gone 8 2-3 scoreless innings in those contests after pitching the final three frames of Thursday's 8-7 come-from-behind victory over Seattle.

Wright credits his 12-inning scoreless streak - which includes time at Triple-A Pawtucket - on increased confidence in his knuckleball.

"For me, I was always trying to trick guys with setup pitches," he said. "And now it's like, 'Here it is.' It's a tough mental thing to get over."

Wright will face an Astros team seeking its first set of back-to-back wins since a four-game streak June 12-16.

Houston, though, has dropped seven straight with Tuesday's starter Jordan Lyles (4-5, 4.91) on the mound. The right-hander is 0-4 with a 7.61 ERA in that span after giving up five runs - three earned - in 5 2-3 innings of Thursday's 6-3 loss at Baltimore.

"Same story. I've got to pitch better when guys are on base,' said Lyles, whose last victory was June 18 against Milwaukee. "I haven't been good. It might be a little bit of bad luck, but it starts with me, it finishes with me.'

Lyles makes his second start against Boston after permitting one unearned run in a 2-1 loss July 3, 2011, that gave the Red Sox a three-game sweep in their last visit to Minute Maid Park.

Outfielder L.J. Hoes, acquired from Baltimore in last week's Bud Norris deal, will try to build off a solid home debut with the Astros. He went 2 for 3 on Monday with a double, a steal and two runs, crossing home plate for the first time on Robbie Grossman's fifth-inning single.

Grossman, who has hit safely in all eight games since being called up July 27, went hitless in 17 at_bats in a four-game sweep at Boston from April 25-28.

Dustin Pedroia, 7 for 14 in that series, had two of Boston's hits Monday and is batting .552 (16 for 29) in seven career games at Houston.

----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
        Red Sox at Astros
        Mon, Aug 5 Final 0 to 2
        Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
        Red Sox at Astros

GAME 3
        Red Sox at Astros

Comment

• Preview: Dodgers (62-49) at Cardinals (65-46)
          Venue: Busch Stadium
          Date: August 06, 2013 8:15 PM EDT

While the Los Angeles Dodgers' road winning streak rolls on, Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate his opponents.

The left-hander looks to help the Dodgers to a 16th straight road victory Tuesday night against the St. Louis Cardinals.

Zack Greinke pitched 6 1-3 solid innings and had an RBI as Los Angeles (62-49) matched Cincinnati's 15-game road winning streak from 1957 with Monday's 3-2 win at St. Louis. Winners in 32 of 39, the Dodgers are two wins shy of the NL record set by the 1916 New York Giants.

"I think we kind of thrive on an us-against-the-stadium mentality,' catcher A.J. Ellis said. "It really brings out the best in ourselves.'

The majors' ERA leader, Kershaw (10-6, 1.87 ERA) is 5-1 with a 1.47 ERA in seven starts. He allowed five hits in eight scoreless innings, but the Dodgers bullpen imploded in the ninth of Wednesday's 3-0 loss to the New York Yankees.

"We're spoiled having him on our team and on our pitching staff, because we're a teammate of somebody who is really, really special," Ellis told the Dodgers' official website. "The fact that he can come out every single start and reproduce what he does makes him the best in the league."

In his last six starts versus St. Louis (65-46), however, Kershaw is 2-4 with a 5.15 ERA and lost the last two. He allowed eight runs in 5 2-3 innings during an 8-2 loss at Busch Stadium last season and gave up four runs in seven innings of a 5-3 home defeat May 26.

The Dodgers prevailed Monday minus star Hanley Ramirez, who injured his shoulder while tumbling into the stands to make a catch in Sunday. The shortstop is batting .361 with 11 homers and 37 RBIs in 54 games this season.

"Even if this was a 15-day thing, I'd feel OK with it,' manager Don Mattingly said. "As long as this isn't something that he doesn't play again this year, or he's out a month."

"You can always kind of survive short periods of time without one of your guys.'

Rookie Yasiel Puig is 7 for 14 with five runs scored in August.

The Dodgers could face a serious challenge from St. Louis starter Joe Kelly (2-3, 3.10), who has not yielded a run in 14 2-3 innings. The right-hander, 2-0 with a 1.90 ERA in four starts since joining the rotation last month, gave up three hits and overcame four walks in six innings of a 13-0 win at Pittsburgh on Thursday that ended the Cardinals' seven-game slide.

"The whole time going out there I was just trying to pitch as best as I could," said Kelly, who last allowed a run in the third inning against the Chicago Cubs on July 12. "I just wanted to compete my butt off and try as hard as I could to help us get that win.'

Kelly went 0-1 with a 4.09 ERA in two starts against the Dodgers in 2012 and gave up two runs and five hits while striking out six in three innings of relief of a 5-3 loss at Los Angeles on May 25.

The Cardinals averaged 11.0 runs while winning three of the previous four but were held to single runs in the first and seventh Monday.

All-Star Carlos Beltran drove in a run and is 9 for 16 with three RBIs in his last five games. He's 4 for 19 with seven strikeouts versus Kershaw.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
          Dodgers at Cardinals
          Mon, Aug 5 Final 3 to 2
          Boxscores • Recaps
          GAME 2
          Dodgers at Cardinals
          Tue, Aug 6 - 8:15PM EDT

GAME 3
          Dodgers at Cardinals
          Wed, Aug 7 - 8:15PM EDT

GAME 4
          Dodgers at Cardinals
          Thu, Aug 8 - 8:15PM EDT

Comment

• Preview: Rays (66-45) at Diamondbacks (56-55)
            Game: 1
            Venue: Chase Field
            Date: August 06, 2013 9:40 PM EDT

Arizona Diamondbacks starter Wade Miley has been tough to hit over his past five starts, and the Tampa Bay Rays found that out in his last one.

He'll look to defeat the Rays for the second time in seven days and will again be matched up with Jeremy Hellickson in Tuesday night's opener of a two-game home series.

Miley (8-8, 3.68 ERA) improved to 4-1 with a 1.85 ERA in his last five by allowing two hits over 6 1-3 innings in Wednesday's 7-0 win at Tampa Bay. He struck out eight and walked five.

The left-hander is limiting opponents to a .198 average in his last five outings.

"He goes through times when he kind of gets out of it a little bit, but he's a guy that always seems to regain it and find it," manager Kirk Gibson said. "He's got a good run for us now."

Ben Zobrist and rookie Wil Myers were the only Rays with hits against Miley, with Evan Longoria going 0 for 2 with a walk.

"He was kind of effectively wild for me," Longoria told the Rays' official website. "He made a lot of good pitches when he needed to."

Hellickson (10-4, 4.60) gave up four runs over 4 1-3 innings. He had been 6-0 with a 2.09 ERA over his previous seven outings, with the Rays (66-45) winning all of them.

"I couldn't really command anything and I didn't make a pitch when I needed to," he said. "It's just one of those games that I've got to put behind me and move on."

Hellickson will be trying to win his fifth straight road start after posting a 3.27 ERA over his last four, and he'll bat for the first time this season. He's 0 for 3 at the plate in his career.

"I'm excited to hit, but it's not easy," Hellickson said. "I saw what his ball can do. It's going to be tough, but at the same time, I'm excited. I like hitting, but it's not easy."

Last week's loss to Arizona (56-55) started a four-game stretch in which Tampa Bay has totaled seven runs. Most of that output came in Sunday's 4-3 victory over San Francisco.

Myers hit a two-run homer and the bullpen turned in 4 1-3 scoreless innings.

"Our offense has been struggling a little bit lately, but I just think as a team our pitching has held us in the game," Myers said. "It gives a lot of confidence."

Arizona also has had trouble scoring. Sunday's 4-0 defeat at Boston capped a 2-4 trip in which it scored two runs or fewer four times.

"We just haven't been playing good baseball all the way around - not swinging the bats, not getting hits when we need them, not making plays," said outfielder Cody Ross, who was 11 for 22 on the trip.

The Diamondbacks played Sunday without shortstop Cliff Pennington, out with a sore left foot.

Tampa Bay is a major league-best 12-3 in interleague play

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
            Rays at Diamondbacks
            Tue, Aug 6 - 9:40PM EDT

GAME 2
            Rays at Diamondbacks
            Wed, Aug 7 - 9:40PM EDT

Comment

• Preview: Rangers (63-50) at Angels (51-60)
              Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
              Date: August 06, 2013 10:05 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Angels were fortunate not to face Yu Darvish last week. However, they'll now catch the Texas ace coming off one of the best performances of his career.

Looking to help the visiting Rangers continue to surge without one of their star hitters, Darvish looks for a third straight winning start over the Angels on Tuesday night.

Since missing a little more than two weeks with a back strain, Darvish (10-5, 2.66 ERA) has allowed one run, 10 hits and struck out 29 over 19 1-3 innings while going 2-1. He matched his major league high with 14 strikeouts and yielded five hits without a walk in seven innings of a 7-1 victory over Arizona on Thursday in his 50th major league start.

"He was as good as I've seen him all year, counting the almost perfect game he threw the first start of the year. His stuff was just nasty,' Rangers catcher A.J. Pierzynski said.

"He just kept mixing it up, and the strikeouts just kept coming and coming. Nights like that are fun.'

Darvish has fanned at least 10 batters 16 times in less than two seasons. With 20, Dwight Gooden is the only other pitcher since 1900 with more through his first 50 starts.

The right-hander is 5-1 with a 3.83 ERA and 65 strikeouts in eight starts versus Los Angeles (51-60), including 2-0 with a 2.45 ERA in 2013. Darvish, who missed the Angels when Texas swept them at Arlington last week, gave up three hits and fanned 11 in six scoreless innings of an 11-3 win at Anaheim on April 24.

The same day the Rangers (63-50) learned All-Star slugger Nelson Cruz received a 50-game suspension for his role in the Biogenesis scandal, Adrian Beltre homered and Elvis Andrus had two RBIs in a 5-2 win at Los Angeles on Monday.

Winners in two straight and seven of eight since dropping 12 of 15, Texas is two games behind AL West-leading Oakland. The Rangers appear poised to succeed without Cruz, who leads the team with 27 homers and 76 RBIs.

"We're not going to stop putting runs on the board,' manager Ron Washington said. "We've got to play the same way that we've always played - maybe with a little less power because Cruz isn't out there.'

Beltre is batting .406 with two homers and seven RBIs in eight games. He's hit .366 with three home runs this season versus Los Angeles, but is 1 for 6 with a homer against scheduled starter Garrett Richards (3-4, 4.18).

The right-hander has allowed two runs and seven hits in 12 innings over two starts since replacing Joe Blanton in the rotation July 27. He surrendered those runs and four hits in seven innings of an 8-2 victory over Toronto on Thursday.

"I'm trying to make the most of my opportunity right now," Richards told the Angels' official website.

The right-hander is 2-2 with a 4.26 ERA in six starts this season, and has a 4.76 ERA with no decisions in three versus Texas.

He won't have to face second baseman Howie Kendrick, who hyperextended his left knee trying to catch a popup in short right field Monday.

"Hopefully it'll only be a couple of days,' Kendrick said.

Los Angeles' Mike Trout is 0 for 5 with a walk and three strikeouts against Darvish this season, but can set a record for Angels outfielders after he reached base for the 36th consecutive game Monday. He's batting .438 (14 for 32) with 18 walks in the last 11.

The Angels have lost two straight and eight of 11.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
              Rangers at Angels
              Mon, Aug 5 Final 5 to 2
              Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
              Rangers at Angels
              Tue, Aug 6 - 10:05PM EDT

GAME 3
              Rangers at Angels
              Wed, Aug 7 - 10:05PM EDT

Comment

• Preview: Blue Jays (52-60) at Mariners (52-60)
                Venue: Safeco Field
                Date: August 06, 2013 10:10 PM EDT

Felix Hernandez was denied a seventh straight winning decision his last time out, but the Seattle Mariners ace is still pitching as well as anyone right now.

The same cannot be said of right-hander Josh Johnson, who could be pitching for his spot in the rotation Tuesday night when the Toronto Blue Jays go for their first three-game winning streak in seven weeks.

Hernandez (11-4, 2.30 ERA) was in line for the victory Thursday at Boston after throwing seven innings of one-run ball, but the Mariners' bullpen surrendered seven runs in the final two frames of the 8-7 defeat.

"That's a really tough loss for us because of how Felix was pitching and we couldn't get it done," losing pitcher Oliver Perez told the Mariners' official website.

Hernandez, though, continues to get the job done. The AL ERA leader has given up two total runs in his last four outings and hasn't allowed more than two in any of his last seven. Hernandez's 1.41 ERA during that stretch is second only to New York Yankees right-hander Hiroki Kuroda's 1.38.

Hernandez had one of his most dominant starts of the season against Toronto (52-60), striking out seven in eight innings of a 4-0 road win May 3.

However, he's 0-1 with a 10.80 ERA in two career home starts in this matchup, yielding seven runs each time.

That sounds like Johnson's most recent outing. The first-year Blue Jay has a 14.06 ERA in his last four starts after getting tagged for a season-high 10 hits in 2 1-3 innings of Thursday's 8-2 road loss to the Los Angeles Angels.

"It's frustration. That's it,' Johnson said after losing a career-worst sixth consecutive start. "I'm out there trying to battle, trying to get through it and trying to stay positive. You've got to find a way. I'll come back and watch some video and do whatever I can to get back."

Manager John Gibbons is sticking with the former NL ERA leader for now, saying that Johnson, "works as hard as anybody" and that "he's one of those guys you root for," but general manager Alex Anthopoulos needs to start seeing positive results.

"We have to look at alternatives at some point if this continues, it's really start-to-start at this point, it's really the only way to characterize it," Anthopoulos told the Blue Jays' official website. "Right now, he's going to make one more start and we'll see how he does but we'll continue to evaluate it each time."

Another big night from British Columbia native Brett Lawrie could help out Johnson in his first start against Seattle. Lawrie, a homer shy of the cycle in Monday's 3-1 victory, is batting .414 (12 for 29) while hitting safely in each of the first eight games on a trip that ends Wednesday.

This three-game set feels more like a home series for the Blue Jays with plenty of fans making the short trip from Canada to Safeco Field.

"Obviously, it's a positive when the whole crowd is cheering for your team," Lawrie said. "It's usually the other team. They picked us up tonight."

So did Mark DeRosa, who delivered the go-ahead two-run single in the eighth inning after Lawrie scored on Jose Reyes' single.

The Blue Jays, who snapped a three-game skid at Seattle (52-60) in the opener, last strung together three straight wins during a franchise record-tying 11-game run June 11-23.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
                Blue Jays at Mariners
                Mon, Aug 5 Final 3 to 1
                Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
                Blue Jays at Mariners
                Tue, Aug 6 - 10:10PM EDT

GAME 3
                Blue Jays at Mariners
                Wed, Aug 7 - 3:40PM EDT

Comment

• Preview: Orioles (61-51) at Padres (52-60)
                  Game: 1
                  Venue: PETCO Park
                  Date: August 06, 2013 10:10 PM EDT

Bud Norris' first start for the Baltimore Orioles was a success as he knocked off his former team.

His second comes against the San Diego Padres, who have played well of late but will now be without their lone All-Star.

Norris takes the mound as Baltimore begins an eight-game trip Tuesday night in San Diego, which will be without Everth Cabrera.

Cabrera was one of 13 players punished Monday for connection to the Biogenesis clinic and accepted a 50-game suspension. The 26-year-old shortstop, hitting .283 in 95 games for the Padres, ranks second in baseball with 37 steals and leads San Diego with 54 runs.

The Padres (52-60) have won 10 of 15 but are 5-12 without Cabrera, who was 2 for 5 with two RBIs in Sunday's 6-3 home win over the New York Yankees.

Devoid of their leadoff hitter - who was 5 for 10 as San Diego swept a two-game set in Baltimore on May 14 and 15 - the Padres will try to knock off Norris (7-9, 3.89 ERA), who enjoyed a strong debut with Baltimore in a 6-3 win over Houston on Thursday.

The right-hander, acquired from the Astros a day earlier, limited his old club to four hits and two runs - both on homers - over six innings while striking out a season-high eight. He was rewarded with a shaving-cream pie to the face during a post-game interview.

"He was good," catcher Matt Wieters said. "He was able to locate his fastball both in and out and mix in his off-speed, throw his slider behind in the count."

Norris also enjoyed five runs of support - something he had received just once in 21 starts with Houston. The Astros had given him three runs of support or fewer 18 times.

The Orioles (61-51), however, were 0 for 11 with runners in scoring position in a 3-2 loss to Seattle on Sunday. Danny Valencia homered in his first game since being recalled from Triple-A Norfolk for his third stint with Baltimore, but Henry Blanco hit a go-ahead home run in the seventh.

San Diego, which has held opponents to three runs or fewer in 12 of 15, will give the ball to Edinson Volquez (8-8, 5.56). Volquez has been slightly better in three starts since the All-Star break with a 2-0 record and 4.32 ERA but remains among baseball's leaders in walks per nine innings with 4.3.

He issued five walks while allowing two runs and four hits over 6 1-3 innings of San Diego's 4-2 win over Cincinnati last Tuesday. However, Baltimore is one of the majors' least patient teams, walking once every 15.8 plate appearances and striking out every 5.5.

Norris, who is 2-1 with a 3.13 ERA in four career starts versus San Diego, has never faced Carlos Quentin, who could return to the Padres' lineup Tuesday according to the team's official website. Quentin, tied for the team lead with 13 home runs, hasn't played since leaving last Tuesday's game with a sore right knee.

Chase Headley is 3 for 9 off Norris with a home run and owns an .880 OPS in 16 games since the All-Star break compared to a .720 mark on the season.

Chris Davis, whose 40 homers lead the majors, doubled twice in seven at_bats in the teams' first two meetings.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
                  Orioles at Padres
                  Tue, Aug 6 - 10:10PM EDT

GAME 2
                  Orioles at Padres
                  Wed, Aug 7 - 3:40PM EDT

Comment

• Preview: Brewers (47-65) at Giants (50-61)
                    Venue: AT&T Park
                    Date: August 06, 2013 10:15 PM EDT

Matt Cain's season isn't going as well as he's accustomed, which also can be said for the defending champion San Francisco Giants.

Cain has been solid since the All-Star break, though, and he'll look to help deal the Milwaukee Brewers a fifth loss in six games as the last-place clubs continue their series Tuesday night.

The Giants (50-61) have won two of the last three World Series, but they currently occupy the bottom of the NL West. Cain (7-6, 4.57 ERA) isn't living up to expectations, either - he's on pace for the worst ERA of his career.

The right-hander, though, has gone 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA in three starts since the All-Star break and has struck out seven in each of the last two. He allowed one run in eight innings of a 2-1 win over Philadelphia on Thursday.

"We just want to go the rest of the season playing well and having a good time," Cain said. "It's no fun when things aren't going well and you're losing."

He's had some disastrous outings this season. Cain allowed seven runs - including homers to Jonathan Lucroy, pitcher Yovani Gallardo and the now-suspended Ryan Braun - in six innings of a 7-2 loss April 18.

Cain is just 3-6 with a 5.05 ERA in 10 starts versus the Brewers, but he has a 3.12 ERA in the four outings in San Francisco. Lucroy is 6 for 15 (.400) with a homer, triple and double lifetime off Cain.

The Brewers' catcher went 2 for 4 in Monday's opener of a four-game series, but San Francisco scored three in the eighth and won 4-2. Brandon Belt, who was 3 for 17 over his previous seven games, went 3 for 3 in the victory.

Jeff Francoeur drove in the go-ahead run with a single in the eighth, though the Giants finished 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position.

``We didn't get anything going until the last inning,' manager Bruce Bochy said. ``We needed something.'

Milwaukee (47-65), which is last in the NL Central, has been held to two runs or fewer in each of its four losses over the last five games. Juan Francisco drove in both runs Monday with a seventh-inning double and ninth-inning homer.

Leadoff hitter Norichika Aoki went hitless and is 2 for 25 (.080) in his last eight.

``We had opportunities and we didn't come through,' manager Ron Roenicke said.

The Brewers will look to bounce back with help from Wily Peralta, who is mired in a personal rut.

Peralta (7-11, 4.57) went 2-0 with a 0.31 ERA as Milwaukee won his first four starts of July, but he allowed eight runs - five earned - in 3 2-3 innings of an 8-3 loss to Colorado on July 26. He then yielded four runs in five frames of Wednesday's 6-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs.

"When he puts the ball down the middle of the plate, I don't care if you throw 100, you're going to get hit," Roenicke said.

The right-hander didn't have good stuff April 16 when he faced the Giants, either, giving up six runs in four innings, but the Milwaukee offense backed him its 10-8 win. Brandon Crawford hit a solo homer while Pablo Sandoval had a two-run double and an RBI single off Peralta in that contest.

The Brewers have lost five of their last six in San Francisco.

------------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
                    Brewers at Giants
                    Mon, Aug 5 Final 2 to 4
                    Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
                    Brewers at Giants
                    Tue, Aug 6 - 10:15PM EDT

GAME 3
                    Brewers at Giants
                    Wed, Aug 7 - 10:15PM EDT

GAME 4
                    Brewers at Giants
                    Thu, Aug 8 - 3:45PM EDT

Comment

• MLB
                      Dunkel

Tampa Bay at Arizona
                      The Rays look to build on their 10-2 record in their last 12 interleague games as a favorite. Tampa Bay is the pick (-125) according to Dunkel, which has the Rays favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-125). Here are all of today's picks.

TUESDAY, AUGUST 6

Game 951-952: Atlanta at Washington (7:05 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta (Teheran) 15.870; Washington (Gonzalez) 16.383
                      Dunkel Line: Washington by 1/2; 6
                      Vegas Line: Washington (-125); 7
                      Dunkel Pick: Washington (-125); Under

Game 953-954: Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia (7:05 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Cubs (Jackson) 14.107; Philadelphia (Kendrick) 13.612
                      Dunkel Line: Chicago Cubs by 1; 9
                      Vegas Line: Philadelphia (-120); 8
                      Dunkel Pick: Chicago Cubs (+100); Over

Game 955-956: Miami at Pittsburgh (7:05 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Miami (Alvarez) 15.723; Pittsburgh (Locke) 17.293
                      Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1 1/2; 6
                      Vegas Line: Pittsburgh (-185); 7
                      Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (-185); Under

Game 957-958: Colorado at NY Mets (7:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (Chatwood) 14.457; NY Mets (Mejia) 13.824
                      Dunkel Line: Colorado by 1/2; 8
                      Vegas Line: NY Mets (-110); 7 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick: Colorado (-110); Over

Game 959-960: LA Dodgers at St. Louis (8:15 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: LA Dodgers (Kershaw) 17.585; St. Louis (Kelly) 16.161
                      Dunkel Line: LA Dodgers by 1 1/2; 6
                      Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-155); 7
                      Dunkel Pick: LA Dodgers (-155); Under

Game 961-962: Milwaukee at San Francisco (10:15 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee (Peralta) 15.074; San Francisco (Cain) 14.547
                      Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 1/2; 8
                      Vegas Line: San Francisco (-175); 7
                      Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (+155); Over

Game 963-964: Detroit at Cleveland (7:05 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Detroit (Verlander) 17.543; Cleveland (Masterson) 16.612
                      Dunkel Line: Detroit by 1; 7
                      Vegas Line: Cleveland (-115); 7 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-105); Under

Game 965-966: Boston at Houston (8:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Boston (Wright) 15.995; Houston (Lyles) 14.446
                      Dunkel Line: Boston by 1 1/2; 10
                      Vegas Line: Boston (-180); 9
                      Dunkel Pick: Boston (-180); Over

Game 967-968: Minnesota at Kansas City (8:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota (Albers) 14.413; Kansas City (Shields) 17.083
                      Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 2 1/2; 9
                      Vegas Line: Kansas City (-200); 8
                      Dunkel Pick: Kansas City (-200); Over

Game 969-970: NY Yankees at Chicago White Sox (8:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Kuroda) 15.570; White Sox (Sale) 14.690
                      Dunkel Line: NY Yankees by 1; 6
                      Vegas Line: Chicago White Sox (-125); 7
                      Dunkel Pick: NY Yankees (+105); Under

Game 971-972: Texas at LA Angels (10:05 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Texas (Darvish) 15.936; LA Angels (Richards) 14.596
                      Dunkel Line: Texas by 1 1/2; 8
                      Vegas Line: Texas (-145); 7 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick: Texas (-145); Over

Game 973-974: Toronto at Seattle (10:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Johnson) 14.888; Seattle (Hernandez) 14.570
                      Dunkel Line: Toronto by 1/2; 7
                      Vegas Line: Seattle (-185); 7 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick: Toronto (+165); Under

Game 975-976: Oakland at Cincinnati (7:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Oakland (Straily) 14.181; Cincinnati (Latos) 15.615
                      Dunkel Line: Cincinnati by 1 1/2; 9
                      Vegas Line: Cincinnati (-145); 8
                      Dunkel Pick: Cincinnati (-145); Over

Game 977-978: Tampa Bay at Arizona (9:40 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Hellickson) 15.714; Arizona (Miley) 14.336
                      Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 1 1/2; 7
                      Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-125); 8 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-125); Under

Game 979-980: Baltimore at San Diego (10:10 p.m. EST)
                      Dunkel Ratings: Baltimore (Norris) 15.013; San Diego (Volquez) 14.660
                      Dunkel Line: Baltimore by 1/2; 8
                      Vegas Line: Baltimore (-125); 7 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick: Baltimore (-125); Over

Comment

• MLB
                        Short Sheet

Tuesday, August 6

National League

Atlanta at Washington, 7:05 ET MLB
                        Teheran: Over is 9-2 when Braves are road dogs in a night game in 2013
                        Gonzalez: Nationals 12-4 when Gonzalez starts after the team lost in his previous outing

Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia, 7:05 ET
                        Jackson: Cubs 5-1 SU in Jackson's last six starts
                        Kendrick: Over is 10-2 in Kendrick's last 12 home starts

Miami at Pittsburgh, 7:05 ET
                        Alvarez: Marlins 5-11 SU versus southpaws on the road in 2013
                        Locke: Pirates 7-3 SU when Locke starts at home in 2013

Colorado at New York Mets, 7:10 ET
                        Chatwood: Under is 10-4 in Chatwood's road starts for the Rockies
                        Mejia: Mets 3-8 SU in last 11 home series openers

Los Angeles Dodgers at St. Louis Cardinals, 8:15 ET
                        Kershaw: Dodgers 6-1 SU in last seven road starts for Kershaw
                        Kelly: Over is 8-3-1 in Kelly's home starts

Milwaukee at San Francisco, 10:15 ET
                        Peralta: Over is 6-2 in Peralta's career road starts
                        Cain: Over is 8-2-2 in Cain's home starts in 2013

American League

Detroit at Cleveland, 7:05 ET
                        Verlander: Tigers 9-3 last 12 games at Progressive Field
                        Masterson: Under is 7-2-1 in Masterson's last 10 home starts

Boston at Houston, 8:10 ET
                        Wright: Over is 18-11 in Red Sox road night games versus righthanders in 2013
                        Lyles: Astros 0-7 SU in Lyles last seven starts

Minnesota at Kansas City, 8:10 ET
                        Albers: Twins 3-13 last 16 road night games
                        Shields: Royals 10-2 SU in Shields last 12 starts

New York Yankees at Chicago White Sox, 8:10 ET
                        Kuroda: Under is 20-6 when Kuroda pitches on the road for Yankees
                        Sale: White Sox 1-4 SU in Sale's last five home starts

Texas at Los Angeles Angels, 10:05 ET
                        Darvish: Under is 7-3 in Darvish's last 10 road starts
                        Richards: Angels 7-1 SU in Richards last eight home starts

Toronto at Seattle, 10:10 ET
                        Johnson: Over is 10-5 in Johnson's starts for Blue Jays
                        Hernandez: Mariners 4-10 SU in Hernandez's home starts since September 2012

Interleague

Oakland at Cincinnati, 7:10 ET MLB
                        Straily: Over is 13-4 in first game of an Athletics road series
                        Latos: Reds 22-7 SU when Latos starts at home

Tampa Bay at Arizona, 9:40 ET
                        Hellickson: Over is 10-3-3 in first game of a Rays' 2013 road series
                        Miley: Diamondbacks 6-2 SU in Miley's home starts in 2013

Baltimore at San Diego, 10:10 ET
                        Norris: Orioles 16-9 SU in 2013 when playing on the road following a loss
                        Volquez: Padres 2-6 SU in Volquez's last eight home starts

Comment

• MLB
                          Armadillo's Write-Up

Tuesday, August 6

Hot pitchers
                          -- Atlanta won last three Teheran starts (1-0, 1.00).
                          -- Jackson is 4-1, 2.45 in his last six starts.
                          -- Alvarez is 2-0, 0.89 in his last three starts. Locke is 4-2, 2.41 in his last eight.
                          -- Mejia is 1-1, 2.08 in two starts this season.
                          -- Kershaw is 4-1, 1.47 in his last seven starts. Kelly is 2-0, 0.51 in his last three outings.
                          -- Cain is 1-0, 1.20 in his last couple starts.

-- Latos is 2-0, 3.38 in his last three starts; Reds are 6-2 in his home starts.
                          -- Miley is 4-1, 2.03 in his last five starts. Hellickson is 6-1, 2.66 in his last eight starts.
                          -- San Diego won last three Volquez starts (2-0, 4.32). Norris won his first start for Baltimore, allowing two runs in six IP; he was 0-2, 8.47 in his last three for the Astros.

-- Masterson is 3-0, 1.29 in his last four starts.
                          -- Shields is 3-1, 2.53 in his last five starts.
                          -- Kuroda is 3-0 in his last five starts, allowing two runs in 33 IP.
                          -- Darvish is 2-1, 0.47 in his last three starts. Richards is 1-0, 1.50 in his last two starts.
                          -- Hernandez is 3-0, 1.41 in his last seven starts; Mariners are 1-7 in his starts if he doesn't get the decision.

Cold pitchers
                          -- Gonzalez allowed ten runs in 3.1 IP last start, but was 4-0, 2.05 in the eight starts before that. Kendrick is 1-2, 10.54 in his last three starts.
                          -- Chatwood is 3-3, 5.40 in his last six starts.
                          -- Peralta is 0-2, 12.46 in his last couple starts.

-- Straily is 0-3, 6.75 in his last three starts.

-- Verlander is 0-2, 10.03 in his last two road starts.
                          -- Astros lost last seven Lyles starts (0-4, 9.17). Wright is 5-6, 3.89 in 19 AAA starts this year; he allowed five runs in 12.1 big league IP (three games).
                          -- First big league start for lefty Albers (11-5, 2.86 in 22 AAA starts).
                          -- Sale is 0-3, 4.09 in his last three starts; White Sox scored 23 runs in his last eleven starts.
                          -- Johnson is 0-5, 9.51 in his last seven starts; he's allowed 12 first inning runs in his last four starts.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
                          You can wager on whether teams will score in the first inning. You're reading ***************.com. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........
                          -- Teheran 7-21 (0 of last 7); Gonzalez 6-22 (2 of last 13)
                          -- Jackson 7-22 (1 of last 7); Kendrick 8-22
                          -- Alvarez 1-5; Locke 4-21
                          -- Chatwood 5-15; Mejia 0-2
                          -- Kershaw 2-23; Kelly 0-5
                          -- Peralta 4-23; Cain 7-22

-- Straily 4-17; Latos 8-22
                          -- Hellickson 8-22 (1 of last 11); Miley 6-22
                          -- Norris 7-22; Volquez 7-23

-- Verlander 7-23 (3 of last 3); Masterson 3-23 (0 of last 9)
                          -- Wright 0-0; Lyles 5-17 (1 of last 11)
                          -- Albers 0-0; Shields 9-22
                          -- Kuroda 6-22 (1 of last 11); Sale 6-21 (0 of last 6)
                          -- Darvish 6-20 (1 of last 10); Richards 0-6
                          -- Johnson 4-15 (3 of last 4); Hernandex 3-23 (0 of last 10)

Totals
                          -- Six of last eight Atlanta games went over the total; 10 of last 13 Washington road games stayed under. .
                          -- Eight of last ten Cub games stayed under the total.
                          -- Five of last six Miami games stayed under the total.
                          -- Five of Mets' last six games stayed under the total.
                          -- Under is 8-1-1 in last ten Dodger games.
                          -- Five of last six Milwaukee games stayed under the total.

-- Four of last five Oakland games stayed under the total.
                          -- Last six Tampa Bay games stayed under the total.
                          -- Five of last seven San Diego games stayed under total.

-- Four of last five Detroit games stayed under the total.
                          -- Five of last six Boston games stayed under the total.
                          -- Under is 8-3-1 in Kansas City's last twelve games.
                          -- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine Bronx road games.
                          -- Nine of last twelve Texas games stayed under total.
                          -- Eight of last ten Toronto road games went over total.

Hot teams
                          -- Braves won their last 11 games, scoring 69 runs.
                          -- Pirates won six of their last eight games.
                          -- Dodgers are 32-7 in their last 39 games; they've won 15 in row on road.

-- Tampa Bay won 25 of its last 31 games.
                          -- Padres won six of their last eight games.

-- Detroit won 13 of its last 14 games. Indians won ten of their last twelve.
                          -- Red Sox won seven of their last ten games.
                          -- Royals won 12 of their last 13 games. Minnesota won three of last four.
                          -- Rangers won seven of their last eight games.
                          -- Blue Jays are 7-5 in their last twelve games.

Cold teams
                          -- Washington lost four of its last six games.
                          -- Philly lost five in row, 13 of last 14 games. Cubs lost their last four games, scoring six runs.
                          -- Marlins lost their last two games, scoring three runs.
                          -- Colorado lost six of last seven games. Mets lost four of their last five.
                          -- Cardinals lost nine of their last twelve games.
                          -- Brewers lost four of their last five games. San Francisco lost 10 oif its last 15 games, scoring eight runs in its last three games.

-- Oakland lost four of its last five games. Reds lost seven of last nine.
                          -- Diamondbacks lost six of their last eight games.
                          -- Orioles lost eight of their last twelve games.

-- Houston lost nine of its last eleven games.
                          -- White Sox lost their last ten games, scoring 19 runs. Bronx lost 11 of their last 17 games.
                          -- Angels lost eight of their last eleven games.
                          -- Mariners lost five of their last seven games.

Umpires
                          -- Atl-Wsh-- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine West games.
                          -- LA-StL-- Underdogs are 6-4 in last ten Joyce games, with last four staying under the total.
                          -- Mil-SF-- Five of last seven Culbreth games went over the total.

-- Det-Cle-- Under is 6-0-1 in last seven Cuzzi games.
                          -- Bos-Hst-- Underdogs won six of last eight Knight games.
                          -- Min-KC-- Home side won 13 of last 15 Emmel games.
                          -- NY-Chi-- Under is 3-0-1 in last four Porter games.
                          -- Tex-LA-- Five of last seven Diaz games went over the total.
                          -- Tor-Sea-- No trends yet for young umpire Wolcott.

Comment

• MLB

Tuesday, August 6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Trend Report
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:05 PM
                            CHI CUBS vs. PHILADELPHIA
                            Chi Cubs are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road
                            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 5 games on the road
                            Philadelphia is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
                            Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home

DETROIT vs. CLEVELAND
                            Detroit is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing Cleveland
                            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit's last 6 games
                            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games when playing Detroit
                            Cleveland is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Detroit

MIAMI vs. PITTSBURGH
                            Miami is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
                            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
                            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh's last 6 games when playing Miami
                            Pittsburgh is 6-15 SU in its last 21 games when playing Miami

ATLANTA vs. WASHINGTON
                            The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta's last 9 games on the road
                            Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
                            Washington is 3-12 SU in its last 15 games when playing Atlanta
                            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta

7:10 PM
                            COLORADO vs. NY METS
                            Colorado is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
                            Colorado is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
                            The total has gone OVER in 10 of NY Mets's last 15 games at home
                            NY Mets are 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Colorado

7:10 PM
                            OAKLAND vs. CINCINNATI
                            Oakland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
                            The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Oakland's last 22 games
                            The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cincinnati's last 9 games
                            The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cincinnati's last 8 games when playing Oakland

8:10 PM
                            BOSTON vs. HOUSTON
                            Boston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Houston
                            The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston's last 7 games on the road
                            Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
                            Houston is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Boston

MINNESOTA vs. KANSAS CITY
                            The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Minnesota's last 23 games
                            Minnesota is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
                            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City's last 6 games at home
                            Kansas City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home

NY YANKEES vs. CHI WHITE SOX
                            NY Yankees are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
                            NY Yankees are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
                            The total has gone OVER in 13 of Chi White Sox's last 19 games when playing at home against NY Yankees
                            Chi White Sox are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against NY Yankees

8:15 PM
                            LA DODGERS vs. ST. LOUIS
                            LA Dodgers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games on the road
                            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games on the road
                            St. Louis is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games
                            The total has gone OVER in 5 of St. Louis's last 6 games

9:40 PM
                            TAMPA BAY vs. ARIZONA
                            The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games when playing on the road against Arizona
                            Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona
                            Arizona is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay
                            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay

10:05 PM
                            TEXAS vs. LA ANGELS
                            Texas is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
                            Texas is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
                            LA Angels are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games
                            The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 5 games

10:10 PM
                            BALTIMORE vs. SAN DIEGO
                            Baltimore is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
                            Baltimore is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Diego
                            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego's last 6 games at home
                            San Diego is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games

10:10 PM
                            TORONTO vs. SEATTLE
                            Toronto is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games when playing on the road against Seattle
                            Toronto is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing Seattle
                            Seattle is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
                            The total has gone OVER in 15 of Seattle's last 23 games at home

10:15 PM
                            MILWAUKEE vs. SAN FRANCISCO
                            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee's last 6 games
                            Milwaukee is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games on the road
                            San Francisco is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
                            The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games when playing Milwaukee

Comment

• MLB

Tuesday, August 6

Tuesday's MLB betting notes and tips

NATIONAL

Miami Marlins at Pittsburgh Pirates (-189, 7)

Cold pitching stat: Despite pitching well versus the Marlins on July 26, Pirates starter Jeff Locke took the 2-0 loss after being charged with both runs on eight hits in his 6 2/3 innings of work.

Hot batting stat: Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton went 2-for-2 with a solo blast in that game versus Locke.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-70s with partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow in from right field at 5 mph. There is a 20 percent chance of rain in the forecast.

Key betting note: The under is 22-7 in the last 29 meetings.

Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia Phillies (-117, 8)

Cold pitching stat: Phillies starter Kyle Kendrick was knocked around in his last start on July 31. He lasted two innings after giving up six earned runs on eight hits in a 9-2 loss to the San Francisco Giants.

Cold batting stat: The Cubs roster is 9-for-50 (.180) collective versus Kendrick.

Weather: There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the low-70s and wind will blow out to left field at 8 mph.

Key betting note: The Cubs are 5-1 in Edwin Jackson's last six starts.

Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals (-125, 7)

Cold pitching stat: Nats starter Gio Gonzalez is coming off his worst outing of the season. The southpaw give up 10 runs on 11 hits in just 3 1/3 innings in an 11-1 defeat to the Detroit Tigers on July 31.

Hot batting stat: Nationals CF Denard Span is 6-for-9 (.667) with two triples in his career versus Braves starter Julio Teheran.

Weather: There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast for gametime. Temperatures will be in the mid-70s and wind will blow out to left field at 9 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 5-1 in Teheran's last six starts versus the National League East.

Colorado Rockies at New York Mets (-105, 7.5)

Cold pitching stat: Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood gave up seven earned runs on 10 hits in just 2 1/3 innings en route to a 9-0 loss in his last start against the Atlanta Braves on July 31.

Cold batting stat: Mets 2B Daniel Murphy is 1-for-8 in his career versus Chatwood.

Weather: There is a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast for gametime. Temperatures will be in the low-70s with wind blowing out to left field at 11 mph.

Key betting note: The Mets are 0-7 in their last seven games following an off day.

Los Angeles Dodgers at St. Louis Cardinals (+144, 7)

Hot pitching stat: Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw went 4-1 with a 1.34 ERA in his six July starts. The lefty is tied for the MLB lead in quality starts with 19.

Cold batting stat: Cards OF Carlos Beltran is 4-for-19 (.211) with seven K's in his career versus the Dodgers' southpaw.

Weather: There is a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the mid-80s and wind will blow from right field to left field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 6-0-1 in Kershaw's last seven starts versus the Cardinals.

Milwaukee Brewers at San Francisco Giants (-175, 7)

Cold pitching stat: Giants starter Matt Cain took the loss in his lone start versus the Brewers this season. He went six innings and gave up seven runs on seven hits in a 7-2 loss.

Hot batting stat: Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy is 6-for-15 with one double, one triple, one homer and four RBIs in his career versus Cain.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-50s with mostly sunny skies. Wind will blow out to center field at 11 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 10-2-2 in Cain's last 14 home starts.

AMERICAN

Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians (-108, 7.5)

Cold pitching stat: Tigers righty Justin Verlander has picked up a pair of wins over the Tribe this year, but has given up 23 hits and 11 earned runs for a 5.82 ERA against the Central Division rivals.

Cold batting stat: Indians 2B Jason Kipnis is 3-for-19 (.158) with eight strikeouts in his career versus Verlander.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-70s with partly cloudy skies. There is a 20 percent chance of rain in the forecast and wind will blow out to left field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: The Indians are 9-2 in starting pitcher Justin Masterson's last 11 home starts.

New York Yankees at Chicago White Sox (-119, 7)

Cold pitching stat: White Sox starter Chris Sale is coming off one of his worst outings of the season. The lefty lasted just five innings, giving up five earned runs on 10 hits in a 6-1 loss to the Indians on August 1.

Hot batting stat: White Sox SS Alexei Ramirez is 4-for-11 (.364) with a double, homer and four RBIs in his career versus Yankees starter Hiroki Kuroda.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-80s and there will be a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Wind will blow from right field to left field at 9 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 10-1 in Kuroda's last 11 starts versus American League Central.

Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals (-192, 8)

Hot pitching stat: Royals starter James Shields is 2-0 with a 1.38 ERA in his last two outings.

Hot batting stat: Twins 1B Justin Morneau is 13-for-35 (.371) with six doubles, three homers and eight RBIs in his career versus Shields.

Weather: There is a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the low-90s with wind blowing from right field to left field at 8 mph.

Key betting note: The Royals are 5-0 in Shields' last five starts versus a team with a losing record.

Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros (+160, 9)

Cold pitching stat: The Astros have lost SP Jordan Lyles' previous seven starts.

Hot batting stat: Prior to Monday's game, Sox 2B Dustin Pedroia is 14-for-25 (.560) in his career at Houston's MinuteMaid Park.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-90s with sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 13 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 34-16-6 in Lyles' last 56 starts overall.

Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels (+137, 7.5)

Hot pitching stat: Rangers ace Yu Darvish is 2-0 with a 2.45 ERA in his two starts versus the Angels this season. He has fanned 17 Angels hitters in his 11 innings of work.

Cold batting stat: Angels 2B Howie Kendrick is 0-for-14 with seven K's in his career versus Darvish.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-70s with sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 8-3-1 in Angels' stater Garrett Richards' last 12 starts overall.

Toronto Blue Jays at Seattle Mariners (-176, 7)

Hot pitching stat: In his previous outing versus the Jays on May 3, Felix Hernandez went eight innings, striking out seven and giving up five hits en route to a 4-0 victory.

Cold batting stat: Mariners OF Raul Ibanez is 4-for-17 (.235) with five strikeouts in his career versus Jays starter Josh Johnson.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-70s with sunny skies. Wind will blow from left field to right field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: The Blue Jays are 0-7 in Johnson's last seven starts.

INTERLEAGUE

Oakland A's at Cincinnati Reds (-143, 8)

Cold pitching stat: A's starter Dan Straily has lost three straight decisions and owns a 5.06 ERA during that stretch.

Hot batting stat: A's OF Chris Young is 5-for-14 (.357) with one double and one home run in his career versus Reds starter Mat Latos.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-80s with partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow from right field to left field at 5 mph. There is a 20 percent chance of rain in the forecast.

Key betting note: The Reds are 7-0 in their last seven interleague home games versus a team with a winning record.

Tampa Bay Rays at Arizona Diamondbacks (+108, 8.5)

Cold pitching stat: Rays starter Jeremy Hellickson had a personal six-game winning streak snapped his last time out. He gave up four runs on seven hits, including one homer, in 4 1/3 innings in a 7-0 loss to the DBacks on July 31.

Hot batting stat: DBacks OF Jason Kubel is 4-for-8 with two homers and three RBIs in his career versus Hellickson.

Weather: Due to a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms, the roof could be closed at Chase Field.

Key betting note: The under is 5-0 in DBacks SP Wade Miley's last five interleague starts.

Baltimore Orioles at San Diego Padres (+110, 7.5)

Hot pitching stat: Newly acquired Bud Norris got the victory in his first start for the Orioles against his former team, the Houston Astros, on August 1. The righty went six innings and gave up two solo homers en route to a 6-3 victory.

Hot batting stat: Orioles SS J.J. Hardy is a pedestrian 4-for-15 in his career versus Padres starter Edinson Volquez. But two of those hits are home runs.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-60s with partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow in from left field at 5 mph.

Key betting note: The Padres are 6-0 in their last six home games versus a team with a winning road record.

** Odds, probable starting pitchers, stats and weather forecast as of 10:11 p.m. ET Monday.

Comment

• MLB
                                Long Sheet

Tuesday, August 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATLANTA (68 - 45) at WASHINGTON (54 - 58) - 7:05 PM
                                JULIO TEHERAN (R) vs. GIO GONZALEZ (L)
                                Top Trends for this game.
                                GONZALEZ is 38-18 (+16.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                GONZALEZ is 38-18 (+16.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                ATLANTA is 68-45 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                ATLANTA is 17-6 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents this season.
                                ATLANTA is 67-44 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                ATLANTA is 101-61 (+26.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                                ATLANTA is 23-6 (+15.3 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive wins this season.
                                WASHINGTON is 54-58 (-15.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                WASHINGTON is 54-58 (-15.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                WASHINGTON is 39-43 (-14.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                WASHINGTON is 10-15 (-10.2 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss this season.
                                WASHINGTON is 1-8 (-8.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
                                ATLANTA is 8-3 (+5.5 Units) against WASHINGTON this season
                                7 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.4 Units)

JULIO TEHERAN vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
                                TEHERAN is 0-1 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.556.
                                His team's record is 2-1 (+1.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.4 units)

GIO GONZALEZ vs. ATLANTA since 1997
                                GONZALEZ is 2-4 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 5.73 and a WHIP of 1.513.
                                His team's record is 2-5 (-3.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-4. (-1.7 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICAGO CUBS (49 - 62) at PHILADELPHIA (50 - 61) - 7:05 PM
                                EDWIN JACKSON (R) vs. KYLE KENDRICK (R)
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 110-163 (-30.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 8-20 (-11.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 25-57 (-25.9 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 8-25 (-15.3 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 19-46 (-24.4 Units) against the money line when playing on Tuesday over the last 3 seasons.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 137-176 (-58.9 Units) against the money line when playing with a day off since 1997.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 110-163 (-30.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 77-118 (-25.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 8-29 (-16.8 Units) against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 2 seasons.
                                JACKSON is 21-32 (-12.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                JACKSON is 20-32 (-13.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                JACKSON is 46-57 (-20.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)
                                KENDRICK is 64-44 (+21.4 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
                                CHICAGO CUBS are 15-9 (+9.3 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 50-61 (-16.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 11-20 (-12.2 Units) against the money line at home with a money line of -100 to -125 over the last 2 seasons.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 67-67 (-19.7 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 50-61 (-16.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 38-47 (-13.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 61-77 (-25.4 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                                PHILADELPHIA is 21-28 (-12.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

EDWIN JACKSON vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
                                JACKSON is 2-4 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 4.21 and a WHIP of 1.458.
                                His team's record is 2-4 (-2.4 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-2. (+1.7 units)

KYLE KENDRICK vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
                                KENDRICK is 0-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 1.80 and a WHIP of 0.733.
                                His team's record is 1-2 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+0.8 units)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIAMI (43 - 67) at PITTSBURGH (67 - 44) - 7:05 PM
                                HENDERSON ALVAREZ (R) vs. JEFF LOCKE (L)
                                MIAMI is 112-160 (-32.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                                MIAMI is 111-156 (-29.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                                MIAMI is 97-149 (-41.7 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons.
                                PITTSBURGH is 67-44 (+27.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 22-15 (+8.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 38-20 (+15.0 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 12-4 (+9.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Tuesday this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 11-1 (+9.6 Units) against the money line when playing with a day off this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 67-44 (+27.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 43-26 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 55-34 (+25.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 39-27 (+14.5 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
                                PITTSBURGH is 40-18 (+21.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                                MIAMI is 105-106 (+24.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Tuesday since 1997.
                                MIAMI is 76-77 (+20.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing with a day off since 1997.
                                MIAMI is 331-369 (+44.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1997.
                                PITTSBURGH is 21-41 (-20.1 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 3 seasons.
                                PITTSBURGH is 30-37 (-17.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

MIAMI is 2-1 (+1.5 Units) against PITTSBURGH this season
                                2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.8 Units)

HENDERSON ALVAREZ vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
                                ALVAREZ is 1-0 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 0.500.
                                His team's record is 1-0 (+1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

JEFF LOCKE vs. MIAMI since 1997
                                LOCKE is 0-2 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 3.86 and a WHIP of 1.971.
                                His team's record is 0-2 (-2.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

COLORADO (52 - 61) at NY METS (49 - 60) - 7:10 PM
                                TYLER CHATWOOD (R) vs. JENRRY MEJIA (R)
                                COLORADO is 116-159 (-31.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                                COLORADO is 82-106 (-36.2 Units) against the money line on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 since 1997.
                                COLORADO is 116-156 (-28.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                                NY METS are 22-32 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
                                NY METS are 5-11 (-11.2 Units) against the money line in home games in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                NY METS are 22-32 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
                                NY METS are 30-48 (-25.5 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                                NY METS are 27-45 (-19.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                NY METS are 32-44 (-20.1 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
                                NY METS are 5-11 (-9.6 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                                NY METS are 19-26 (-16.0 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.

COLORADO is 3-1 (+1.2 Units) against NY METS this season
                                3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.1 Units)

TYLER CHATWOOD vs. NY METS since 1997
                                CHATWOOD is 1-0 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 0.56 and a WHIP of 1.313.
                                His team's record is 2-1 (+0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.2 units)

JENRRY MEJIA vs. COLORADO since 1997
                                No recent starts.

LA DODGERS (62 - 49) at ST LOUIS (65 - 46) - 8:15 PM
                                CLAYTON KERSHAW (L) vs. JOE KELLY (R)
                                ST LOUIS is 32-14 (+15.3 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
                                ST LOUIS is 198-129 (+47.9 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1997.
                                LA DODGERS are 31-24 (+8.1 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
                                LA DODGERS are 25-13 (+14.5 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters this season.
                                LA DODGERS are 40-30 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                                LA DODGERS are 20-10 (+13.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
                                ST LOUIS is 11-16 (-10.5 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
                                ST LOUIS is 55-65 (-24.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

LA DODGERS is 2-2 (+0.2 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
                                2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

CLAYTON KERSHAW vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
                                KERSHAW is 4-4 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 3.72 and a WHIP of 1.333.
                                His team's record is 6-6 (-1.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-6. (-1.7 units)

JOE KELLY vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
                                KELLY is 0-1 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 4.09 and a WHIP of 1.182.
                                His team's record is 0-2 (-2.4 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

MILWAUKEE (47 - 65) at SAN FRANCISCO (50 - 61) - 10:15 PM
                                WILY PERALTA (R) vs. MATT CAIN (R)
                                MILWAUKEE is 47-65 (-19.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                MILWAUKEE is 54-81 (-27.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                                MILWAUKEE is 47-65 (-19.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                MILWAUKEE is 25-39 (-12.9 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
                                MILWAUKEE is 64-68 (-19.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 191-96 (+37.2 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 468-310 (+70.7 Units) against the money line in home games after a win since 1997.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 50-61 (-21.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 13-19 (-15.9 Units) against the money line in home games in August games over the last 3 seasons.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 49-57 (-18.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 31-38 (-12.2 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 35-39 (-11.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 20-32 (-20.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
                                SAN FRANCISCO is 2-8 (-10.1 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season this season.
                                CAIN is 2-8 (-9.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season. (Team's Record)

MILWAUKEE is 3-1 (+2.0 Units) against SAN FRANCISCO this season
                                2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

WILY PERALTA vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
                                PERALTA is 0-0 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 11.25 and a WHIP of 2.500.
                                His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

MATT CAIN vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
                                CAIN is 3-6 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 5.05 and a WHIP of 1.364.
                                His team's record is 4-6 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-6. (-3.3 units)

DETROIT (65 - 45) at CLEVELAND (62 - 50) - 7:05 PM
                                JUSTIN VERLANDER (R) vs. JUSTIN MASTERSON (R)
                                DETROIT is 160-125 (-14.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                                DETROIT is 14-27 (-18.1 Units) against the money line on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 over the last 2 seasons.
                                DETROIT is 69-73 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                                DETROIT is 152-119 (-15.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                                DETROIT is 44-49 (-15.7 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                                DETROIT is 87-73 (-20.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                                VERLANDER is 5-14 (-11.8 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Tuesday since 1997. (Team's Record)
                                VERLANDER is 6-12 (-11.2 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                CLEVELAND is 62-50 (+16.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                CLEVELAND is 37-20 (+15.4 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
                                CLEVELAND is 59-47 (+14.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                CLEVELAND is 39-35 (+6.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                MASTERSON is 37-24 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                CLEVELAND is 8-26 (-16.6 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 10-3 (+4.9 Units) against CLEVELAND this season
                                7 of 13 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.5 Units)

JUSTIN VERLANDER vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
                                VERLANDER is 16-14 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 4.65 and a WHIP of 1.277.
                                His team's record is 17-16 (-5.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 13-19. (-8.9 units)

JUSTIN MASTERSON vs. DETROIT since 1997
                                MASTERSON is 2-8 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 5.86 and a WHIP of 1.783.
                                His team's record is 4-9 (-4.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 7-5. (+1.4 units)

BOSTON (68 - 46) at HOUSTON (37 - 74) - 8:10 PM
                                STEVEN WRIGHT (R) vs. JORDAN LYLES (R)
                                BOSTON is 12-22 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                BOSTON is 119-127 (-33.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                                BOSTON is 93-102 (-25.7 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                                BOSTON is 88-98 (-26.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                                BOSTON is 68-46 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                BOSTON is 29-16 (+11.3 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
                                HOUSTON is 92-180 (-41.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                                HOUSTON is 68-136 (-45.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                                HOUSTON is 90-175 (-41.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
                                HOUSTON is 102-215 (-68.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                                HOUSTON is 66-154 (-49.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
                                LYLES is 14-42 (-20.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                LYLES is 14-41 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                LYLES is 3-22 (-16.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

BOSTON is 4-1 (+2.2 Units) against HOUSTON this season
                                2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.1 Units)

STEVEN WRIGHT vs. HOUSTON since 1997
                                No recent starts.

JORDAN LYLES vs. BOSTON since 1997
                                LYLES is 0-0 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 1.600.
                                His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

MINNESOTA (48 - 61) at KANSAS CITY (57 - 52) - 8:10 PM
                                ANDREW ALBERS (L) vs. JAMES SHIELDS (R)
                                MINNESOTA is 17-38 (-13.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                                KANSAS CITY is 57-52 (+6.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                KANSAS CITY is 63-58 (+12.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
                                KANSAS CITY is 21-12 (+14.7 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                KANSAS CITY is 91-90 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                                KANSAS CITY is 9-1 (+8.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season this season.
                                MINNESOTA is 55-69 (+14.2 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

KANSAS CITY is 11-3 (+7.6 Units) against MINNESOTA this season
                                7 of 14 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.6 Units, Under=-0.6 Units)

ANDREW ALBERS vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
                                No recent starts.

JAMES SHIELDS vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
                                SHIELDS is 6-2 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 4.01 and a WHIP of 1.434.
                                His team's record is 8-5 (+1.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 8-5. (+2.8 units)

NY YANKEES (57 - 54) at CHI WHITE SOX (41 - 69) - 8:10 PM
                                HIROKI KURODA (R) vs. CHRIS SALE (L)
                                NY YANKEES are 154-142 (-28.7 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
                                CHI WHITE SOX are 41-69 (-28.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                CHI WHITE SOX are 104-109 (-28.6 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
                                CHI WHITE SOX are 39-64 (-25.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                CHI WHITE SOX are 22-46 (-24.3 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                CHI WHITE SOX are 31-51 (-19.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.

CHI WHITE SOX is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against NY YANKEES this season
                                1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

HIROKI KURODA vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
                                KURODA is 2-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 2.53 and a WHIP of 0.890.
                                His team's record is 2-1 (+1.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.1 units)

CHRIS SALE vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
                                SALE is 1-0 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 1.17 and a WHIP of 0.522.
                                His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

TEXAS (63 - 50) at LA ANGELS (51 - 60) - 10:05 PM
                                YU DARVISH (R) vs. GARRETT RICHARDS (R)
                                TEXAS is 82-73 (-19.2 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
                                TEXAS is 31-14 (+10.9 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 51-60 (-24.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 30-30 (-14.3 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 18-31 (-22.8 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 51-60 (-24.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 33-47 (-27.6 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 41-41 (-11.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 23-36 (-23.0 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
                                LA ANGELS are 22-32 (-13.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

TEXAS is 8-2 (+5.7 Units) against LA ANGELS this season
                                6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.3 Units)

YU DARVISH vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
                                DARVISH is 5-1 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 3.83 and a WHIP of 1.257.
                                His team's record is 6-2 (+4.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-2. (+4.1 units)

GARRETT RICHARDS vs. TEXAS since 1997
                                RICHARDS is 0-0 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 4.76 and a WHIP of 1.499.
                                His team's record is 0-3 (-3.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-2. (-1.4 units)

TORONTO (52 - 60) at SEATTLE (52 - 60) - 10:10 PM
                                JOSH JOHNSON (R) vs. FELIX HERNANDEZ (R)
                                TORONTO is 52-60 (-8.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                TORONTO is 28-41 (-13.1 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                JOHNSON is 3-12 (-12.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season. (Team's Record)
                                JOHNSON is 5-15 (-10.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                JOHNSON is 14-22 (-12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                JOHNSON is 1-8 (-8.4 Units) against the money line in night games this season. (Team's Record)
                                JOHNSON is 2-9 (-9.9 Units) against the money line after a win this season. (Team's Record)
                                SEATTLE is 29-9 (+18.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
                                HERNANDEZ is 5-11 (-10.3 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

SEATTLE is 2-2 (+0.0 Units) against TORONTO this season
                                2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.2 Units, Under=-0.5 Units)

JOSH JOHNSON vs. SEATTLE since 1997
                                No recent starts.

FELIX HERNANDEZ vs. TORONTO since 1997
                                HERNANDEZ is 4-4 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 4.52 and a WHIP of 1.300.
                                His team's record is 5-5 (-1.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 6-4. (+1.5 units)

OAKLAND (64 - 47) at CINCINNATI (61 - 51) - 7:10 PM
                                DANIEL STRAILY (R) vs. MAT LATOS (R)
                                CINCINNATI is 16-2 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss this season.
                                OAKLAND is 64-47 (+12.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                OAKLAND is 33-19 (+13.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
                                OAKLAND is 73-66 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                                OAKLAND is 264-193 (+67.4 Units) against the money line in August games since 1997.
                                OAKLAND is 64-44 (+15.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                OAKLAND is 41-26 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                OAKLAND is 108-73 (+41.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
                                OAKLAND is 79-63 (+26.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                                OAKLAND is 34-26 (+12.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
                                CINCINNATI is 21-29 (-12.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

OAKLAND is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
                                1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.2 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

DANIEL STRAILY vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
                                No recent starts.

MAT LATOS vs. OAKLAND since 1997
                                No recent starts.

TAMPA BAY (66 - 45) at ARIZONA (56 - 55) - 9:40 PM
                                JEREMY HELLICKSON (R) vs. WADE MILEY (L)
                                TAMPA BAY is 10-24 (-14.8 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Tuesday over the last 3 seasons.
                                TAMPA BAY is 66-45 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                TAMPA BAY is 35-16 (+16.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
                                TAMPA BAY is 12-1 (+10.9 Units) against the money line on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 this season.
                                TAMPA BAY is 73-61 (+13.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                                TAMPA BAY is 82-57 (+21.9 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
                                TAMPA BAY is 49-42 (+10.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                                ARIZONA is 36-47 (-17.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
                                ARIZONA is 21-29 (-15.0 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
                                ARIZONA is 3-10 (-10.4 Units) against the money line in home games in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                ARIZONA is 49-50 (-17.5 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
                                ARIZONA is 29-34 (-16.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

ARIZONA is 1-1 (+0.7 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
                                2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

JEREMY HELLICKSON vs. ARIZONA since 1997
                                HELLICKSON is 0-1 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 8.31 and a WHIP of 2.079.
                                His team's record is 0-1 (-1.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

WADE MILEY vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
                                MILEY is 1-0 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 1.106.
                                His team's record is 1-0 (+1.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

BALTIMORE (61 - 51) at SAN DIEGO (52 - 60) - 10:10 PM
                                BUD NORRIS (R) vs. EDINSON VOLQUEZ (R)
                                SAN DIEGO is 128-146 (+5.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                                SAN DIEGO is 73-64 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                                SAN DIEGO is 20-11 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                SAN DIEGO is 52-57 (+4.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                SAN DIEGO is 19-11 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in home games after a win this season.
                                SAN DIEGO is 20-14 (+8.4 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                                VOLQUEZ is 10-4 (+8.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
                                BALTIMORE is 61-51 (+5.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
                                BALTIMORE is 76-63 (+32.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                                BALTIMORE is 20-11 (+10.6 Units) against the money line in August games over the last 2 seasons.
                                BALTIMORE is 28-13 (+18.6 Units) against the money line when playing on Tuesday over the last 2 seasons.
                                BALTIMORE is 22-10 (+14.8 Units) against the money line when playing with a day off over the last 2 seasons.
                                BALTIMORE is 56-43 (+7.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
                                BALTIMORE is 44-31 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
                                BALTIMORE is 44-32 (+11.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
                                BALTIMORE is 31-19 (+10.9 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.

SAN DIEGO is 2-0 (+2.8 Units) against BALTIMORE this season
                                1 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.0 Units)

BUD NORRIS vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
                                NORRIS is 2-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 3.13 and a WHIP of 1.174.
                                His team's record is 2-2 (+0.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-3. (-2.1 units)

EDINSON VOLQUEZ vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
                                VOLQUEZ is 0-1 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 6.43 and a WHIP of 1.929.
                                His team's record is 0-3 (-3.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

Comment

Working...
                                X