Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Picks

will have props to follow

2* San Francisco over Baltimore (possible upgrade)
    Play at -4 or better
    90% of the action hasn't come in yet. I predict the public will be on Baltimore. I doubt it will get to -3, but it is worth the wait.
    Also, with the public betting on Balt's money line, SF money line bet is a great play especially at -160 or better.
    This is a rare Super Bowl in that I think there is actually value in the line. With so much money pouring in on this game ($90+ million in Nevada alone) the line is usually accurate, but not this year. My calculated line is SF-5.2, but Baltimore has become the darling of the NFL after beating Denver and NE and public money far outweighs sharp money in the big game. It's funny how short the public bettors memory is. A few games ago, they couldn't get enough money against Baltimore. Balt ended the season 1-4 SU and ATS. The public was betting the house against them in the Wildcard round against Indy (who was one of the worst statistical playoff teams in the last decade). So, 120 minutes of football has changed everything? Let's take a closer look at those games. They then beat Denver on a 70 yard bomb (ESPN stats calculated that they had less than a 3% chance to win that game before that play). And, last week they beat NE but NE was actually +0.2 YPP (yards/play) (historically equates to a small victory) but the Pats were also -3 in turnovers (teams that are -3 in TO only win SU about 15% of the time, and cover less) and 1-4 in the red zone. SF has one of the best all around offenses in the last few years. They average 5.2 YPR (2nd). Their YPR was good even before Kaepernick took over center. Kaepernick has averaged 8.3 YPPA (would have been tied for 1st during the regular season). People are talking about how Kaep will react under the lights, but I am not concerned. His INT % is 1.3% (3 int's in 223 passes). This is compared to Flacco who as a 2.2% interception rate. Baltimore's D is only slightly above average. They allow 6.4 YPPA (10th) and 4 YPR. SF has averaged 26 PPG versus defenses that have collectively allowed 21.9 PPG. I think that SF's body of work is better...let's go Niners!
    Check out all of my past picks at www.Byeweekpicks.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Byeweekpicks

2014 NFL Record: 36-30-1 (55%), +5.5 units

2013 NFL Record: 34-26-1 (57%)

2012 NFL Record: 41-30-2 (58%)
    +9 units (1unit=6% of bankroll)

2011 NFL record: 34-25-2 (58%)
    +3.4 units

2010 NFL Record: 29-16-2 (64%)
    +15.1 units

2009 NFL Record: 37-24-4 (61%)
    +16.3 units

2008 NFL Record: 39-24-3 (62%)
    +16.8 Units

2007 NFL Record: 42-27-2 (61%)
    +14.7 Units

Great write up rocco. GL Buddy!

Comment

thanks wayne

+3.4 units

+15.1 units

+16.3 units

+16.8 Units

+14.7 Units

Comment

gl with the Big One Rocco.....thanks

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

It is a nice write-up, but it doesn't take into account how the team has played since the firing of Cameron and putting McKinnie at left tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by aces r wild View Post
            It is a nice write-up, but it doesn't take into account how the team has played since the firing of Cameron and putting McKinnie at left tackle.
            Aces, be glad RD took the 9ers. As a Ravens' fan I would be really worried if he took the Ravens. Here is what he had to say when the Ravens played Denver in the Divisional game and New England in the conference title game:

" Baltimore has an average team and face Denver who is the best team in the AFC. Baltimore won't be able to score on Denver ( only 38 points). Baltimore's pass defense is average and will allow Manning to have a big game (21 points and 2 interceptions)"

"Let me start by saying there is no way Baltimore is going to win this game".

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
              Aces, be glad RD took the 9ers. As a Ravens' fan I would be really worried if he took the Ravens. Here is what he had to say when the Ravens played Denver in the Divisional game and New England in the conference title game:

" Baltimore has an average team and face Denver who is the best team in the AFC. Baltimore won't be able to score on Denver ( only 38 points). Baltimore's pass defense is average and will allow Manning to have a big game (21 points and 2 interceptions)"

Real nice ripping a guy in his own thread. Don't ever stop being classless raven. Why start now. What a fucking idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                Real nice ripping a guy in his own thread. Don't ever stop being classless raven. Why start now. What a fucking idiot!

Comment

Go fuck yourself asshole and if I see you ripping another member in their thread just because their pick doesn't agree with yours, you will be gone asshole.

The biggest fuckin HOMER on this site and he rips others. Let's see ... GOY Baltimore ... GOY Maryland ... This is not a homer play ... havn't seen that before. You are a fuckin idiot.

Comment

Geezus... Thats pretty shitty Raven...

Good luck Rocco!!

Comment

Excellent write up as usual as well

Comment

thanks guys. good luck whoever you choose to wager on. I hope we can all win.
                        Last edited by roccodean; 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM.

+3.4 units

+15.1 units

+16.3 units

+16.8 Units

+14.7 Units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          Go fuck yourself asshole and if I see you ripping another member in their thread just because their pick doesn't agree with yours, you will be gone asshole.

The biggest fuckin HOMER on this site and he rips others. Let's see ... GOY Baltimore ... GOY Maryland ... This is not a homer play ... havn't seen that before. You are a fuckin idiot.
                          Go ahead and ban me tough guy. Your nothing but a hypocritical motherfucker. And if you don't know what hypocritical means look it up. Seriously you have the nerve to call me a homer and threaten to ban me for ripping another member whose pick doesn't agree with mine. It's laughable. I wrote a thread last week in which I gave my opinion that Brady was a pussy for how he played in the Ravens game and you come into my thread and go apeshit, dropping f bombs and doing your normal name calling. Seriously, Wayne, you ought to go to night school and take a few English classes. Maybe they can teach you how to write an 8 word sentence without it containing the word fuck or asshole.

Comment

Go ahead and ban me tough guy. Your nothing but a hypocritical motherfucker. And if you don't know what hypocritical means look it up. Seriously you have the nerve to call me a homer and threaten to ban me for ripping another member whose pick doesn't agree with mine. It's laughable. I wrote a thread last week in which I gave my opinion that Brady was a pussy for how he played in the Ravens game and you come into my thread and go apeshit, dropping f bombs and doing your normal name calling. Seriously, Wayne, you ought to go to night school and take a few English classes. Maybe they can teach you how to write an 8 word sentence without it containing the word fuck or asshole.
                            There are many differences between me and you asshole and one of them is I ADMIT I'M A HOMER. You fuckin idiot. I don't start half my threads with "This is not a Homer" play and then insert my favorite team every time. You really are as stupid as I thought.

Comment

Maybe they can teach you how to write an 8 word sentence without it containing the word fuck or asshole.
                              I call it like it see it and have for 10 years here. I don't care who dislikes me for it.

Going in to others threads and doing what you did is an absolute disgrace here and has been since day one. You act like an asshole and you will be called one. It's pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X