Super Bowl Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Play

3 units Ravens +3' and 2 units Ravens ML +155.

Surprise right but this is not a homer play. To me this boiled down to playing the hotter team and hotter QB. In all honesty I think the 9ers have a better overall team but I am more impressed with the Ravens beating Denver and New England on the road than S.F beating Green Bay at home and Atlanta on the road. The last few years the S.B has been won by not necessarily the best team but the team who got hot at the right time with the QB who got hot (Manning and Rodgers the last 2 years. There is no doubt in my mind that while Kapernack has played well but Flacco has been on a bigger roll.

Here are 2 stats that convinced me to go with the Ravens. Since becoming head coach of the Ravens Harbaugh is 11-0 when he has had 2 weeks to prepare for a game. That include 5-0 in season openers, 5-0 following the bye week and 1-0 in the playoffs when having a bye. However this next stat is even more convincing. In the 3 playoff games this year Flacco has thrown 8 TD and 0 interceptions. There have been 5 other instances where a QB threw at least 8 TDs and no interceptions in the playoffs heading into the Super Bowl.

1986 Phil Simms had 8 TDs and 0 picks'
    1989 Montana had 11 TDs and 0 picks
    1992 Troy Aikman had 8 TDsw and 0 picks
    1994 Steve Young had 9 TDs and 0 picks
    2009 Drew Brees had 8 TDs and 0 picks

All 5 won the Super Bowl that year. Bol to everyone.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac; 01-28-2013, 09:51 AM.

like all your reasons but fill the front 4 will disturb flacco and cause havic..............sorry just the way i feel.............................gl to your team.............for i cant bet on them...defense wins championships and i feel san fran has the better d and special teams
    rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jmarty6969 View Post
      like all your reasons but fill the front 4 will disturb flacco and cause havic..............sorry just the way i feel.............................gl to your team.............for i cant bet on them...defense wins championships and i feel san fran has the better d and special teams
      Good luck with your play but you have got to be kidding me saying S.F. has the better special teams. You would seriously take Akers over Tucker who was 30 of 33 on FGs and hit all 4 from over 50. And Jacoby Jones was voted as the kick returner on the AFC Pro Bowl team . C'mon man.

Comment

6 days we will see......field goals yes but there are alot more factors then that fyi

Comment

Good luck Raven!

Comment

6 days we will see......field goals yes but there are alot more factors then that fyi
            FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 SPECIAL TEAMS RATINGS What are those factors jmarty. If you are going to make a statement at least have some facts to back em up.

Comment

so u are telling me that defense isnt the biggest key ask tom brady.............6 days from now u can tell us all u was right or i was right who cares

Comment

so u are telling me that defense isnt the biggest key ask tom brady.............6 days from now u can tell us all u was right or i was right who cares
                Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

GL Raven. Love the play!

Comment

gl with the play....should be a hell of a game

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Congrats raven!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My man they earned it bro!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Cash. Appreciate it.

Comment

Congrats
                          Questions, comments, complaints:
                          [email protected]

Comment

Congrats was a hell of a game ....

Comment

Congrats on your team winning raven. I know we get really worked up on here at times but I know how exciting last night was for you and all Baltimore fans. Flacco impressed me like I never thought he could through that whole playoff run. Enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                              X